• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will we win 20 games?

TroyMcClure

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'd say - of course we will win 20 - easy. it's hard to win less than 20 games in the NBA. The more difficult question is...will we be able to fight back enough from the recent adversity to be in a situation like NOK was last year - having an outside chance at the #8 spot in the playoffs?

Tonight's game counts double "draft-wise" by the way. A win for us will make PHX's pick worse and a loss for them will make ours better. (depending on the bounce of the ping-pong balls of course).

Guest Walter

Quote:

I say no, without a coaching change. With a change, even an assistant, I think we win 20. BK had his chance recently to fire Woodson. He didn't. BK must go. The Spirit must go. Belkin is not worse than this. We are a joke.

...and by that I mean this. We'll get all our players back, play well enough to land outside bottom 3, likely 6 or 7th place with 25 wins. At the end the 5 or so more moral victories we will have as a result of not tanking sooner, well then start to "tank" finding the moral vistories empty, but do so too late to make a significant impact. We'll place ourselves out of any real hope of winning a top 3 pick..

The good side? Pheonix will give BK a key to the city.

W

What are you retarded? Even with all the injuries we've had, we're 10-21 (.323). To not win 20 we'd have to go 9-42(.176), meaning that once we start to get healthier you think we'll lose roughly twice as often.

You think the coach, the GM, and the owners should go, fine. But you weaken your argument by making an impossible prediction like we'll win less than 20 games.

Its pretty obvious this guy is a moron man and doesn't know what he is talking about. We will easily win 20games this year. The upcoming schedule itself is pretty weak for this month. Were only 4 1/2 games back of the final 8th playoff spot and this guy thinks we won't win 20 games all year when we have already won 10 with ridiculous injuries through a 1/3 of the season. Your hilarious Mcclure!!

If Joe Johnson goes down we might be close to only winning 20 games. Otherwise, a poll of whether we win 25 or 30 might be a decent poll, but 20...lol. Without looking, I'm sure that we have around 25 games left with lower end teams, we should split those for around 10-15 more wins. Maybe we win 25% or less against upper tier teams in the other 25 games which gives us another 5-7 wins. That puts us in the 25 to 32 win range playing as we are with all these injuries.

Quote:

What are you retarded? Even with all the injuries we've had, we're 10-21 (.323). To not win 20 we'd have to go 9-42(.176), meaning that once we start to get healthier you think we'll lose roughly twice as often.

You think the coach, the GM, and the owners should go, fine. But you weaken your argument by making an impossible prediction like we'll win less than 20 games.

i remember reading Troy's first post. in it he called somebody an idiot. it may have been Gutzy.

classic.

Quote:

Its pretty obvious this guy is a moron man and doesn't know what he is talking about. We will easily win 20games this year. The upcoming schedule itself is pretty weak for this month. Were only 4 1/2 games back of the final 8th playoff spot and this guy thinks we won't win 20 games all year when we have already won 10 with ridiculous injuries through a 1/3 of the season. Your hilarious Mcclure!!

I agree that we will easily win 20 games - 30 is another story though!

But, how are we only 4 1/2 games out of the 8th seed? Milwaukee is currently the 8th seed and they have 7 more wins then the Hawks.

You showed me! You are missing the point. I bet we win 20, maybe 25! Your point is? Please don't say injuries. laugh.gif

This team has pieces. It also has some wrong ones. Like I said 'Bk had his chance to fire Woodson.' He didn't. While not perfect, this team could have won 40 games. J.J. has not been injured. We were sucking way before he went down. Same with Josh Smith.The only injury I see with Speedy is talent.(Essential Talent Ligament) It seems to have suffered a career ending injury. The Lo signing was just awesome as well. smirk.gif

We'll do the will we win 30? poll later. Probably next year.

Quote:

Quote:

i remember reading Troy's first post. in it he called somebody an idiot. it may have been Gutzy.

classic.

So what are you saying? I think you did as well! He said the Hawks only made the playoffs twice in the 90's. crazy.gif

By the way, I said he was "too dumb" to remember those teams. He was. I also asked if he was an idiot. I recieved no response to the question. smirk.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

we'll have 20 wins by the all-star break.

Werd?????? I don't know man, the all star break isn't that far away if you really think about it. This team is floundering right now WITH Joe Johnson, I'd hate to see what happens if he shuts it down for a while to heal properly. I really thought that this team could at least compete for a playoff spot this year, but now I've pretty much faced reality. To be honest, this is probably one of the most dissapointing seasons that I can remember, and that's saying a lot considering that we went 13-69 a few seasons ago. I wouldn't celebrate if we won 30 games this season. I would never wish for this team to lose but I just don't see the benefit of having another 20-30 win season. If we're going to suck we might as well do it big and get something out of it in the draft.

Quote:

The Hawks can do it. The Hawks never fail to top themselves in terms of how bad they can play. How is less than 20 wins impossible for the worst franchise in pro sports?

Where is KB now to tell us how great Billy Knight is? I see that coward hasn't shown up lately. All we've heard for 2 years is how the great Billy Knight has this team moving foward.

There is a good possibly this team will fail to reach last years weak win total of 26 wins. Even if they do, it will be by one or two games at the most. Not very much improvement there.

I bet JJ is missing all those free shots he got in PHX.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

The Hawks can do it. The Hawks never fail to top themselves in terms of how bad they can play. How is less than 20 wins impossible for the worst franchise in pro sports?

Where is KB now to tell us how great Billy Knight is? I see that coward hasn't shown up lately. All we've heard for 2 years is how the great Billy Knight has this team moving foward.

There is a good possibly this team will fail to reach last years weak win total of 26 wins. Even if they do, it will be by one or two games at the most. Not very much improvement there.

Despite what some people may think I actually have being right when it comes to an Atlanta team or its coaches/general managers. But Knight has been a total failure as a general manager.

Up next? The disaster of the Bobby Petrino era that's coming for the Falcons.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Despite what some people may think I actually have being right when it comes to an Atlanta team or its coaches/general managers. But Knight has been a total failure as a general manager.

Up next? The disaster of the Bobby Petrino era that's coming for the Falcons.

Why teams keep hiring college coaches I don't know. Has it worked with many people?

• Premium Member

The last time it really worked was in Dallas in 1989? when they hired Jimmy Johnson. No one else has really done much straight out of college except for Switzer but anyone could have won a SB with the team Johnson put together.

You know what? I think we need to sit Joe until he's at least 95%. There's no need in playing him now and taking the chance on him devoloping other injuries while favoring the existing one. Because if he does really go down we will lose and lose and lose and lose...but probably find a way to pick 4th or 5th.