• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The FEB Schedule will likely bury the Hawks

TexasPete

After going over the February schedule I have come to the conclusion that this month will likely bury the Hawks. I see a 4-10 month...at best. When your playing teams like the Suns twice, the Spurs, Lakers, Jazz, and Mavericks...and have several more west coast road games...that is too much for this team. The games we win on the road are against the weak East typically. It's a different deal on the road against the West. There are no Grizzlies or Blazers on this trip. We also play NJ twice, although they aren't great they are better than us.

I see 4-10 a probability and 2-12 and definite possibility. It will be interesting.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strangely enough, Hawks play a lot better against the better

teams. They still usually manage to loose more than they

win, but they DO play better.

I'm optimistic.

Instead of 4-10 - - - Lets go 5-9 !!!!!

Maybe 6-8, but that's expecting a lot.

cool.gif

• Moderators

Quote:

If the Hawks go 14-0 in FEB, I will do unspeakable things to live chickens.
grin.gif

I guess I am rooting for 13-1 for the sake of TP's sanity!

However, looking at the Feb schedule is pretty depressing.

• Premium Member

There's a lot of pissing and moaning about Feb... Strangely enough, it comes from the headquarters of pissing and moaning about the Hawks. I don't have a lot of time to talk, but the Hawks can beat a lot of the teams listed simply based on matchup.

The scary teams on that list:

Dallas, San Antonio, and Houston. Otherwise, I'm not scared.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If the Hawks go 14-0 in FEB, I will do unspeakable things to live chickens.
grin.gif

I guess I am rooting for 13-1 for the sake of TP's sanity!

On behalf of PETA I will also root for 13-1.

Hahahah! Good one!

Sincerely,

Suns Fans

Sujei (SG): A girl question for a change. Who should the suns go after with the atlanta pick in the 4-10 range? (is top 3 protected)

John Hollinger: (2:19 PM ET ) I think Phoenix would be elated beyond belief if it could end up with Joakim Noah -- he'd be absolutely perect in their system. Not sure he'd fall to No. 4 though (or wherever they'l l pick). Suns fans have to be happy with the Hawks' 6-7 January -- making it more plausible for the pick to be in the 4-5 range.

this stuff makes my blood boil!

• Premium Member

What I will say about Phoenix is that we fit the mold of a team that can play with them. I didn't include them in the teams of games we will win, but I don't think that they have a matchup advantage over us either. Who knows, if they force us to run, we may win!

My point is that there is a recipe for teams that I am certain will give us a very hard time. It has nothing to do with wins or losses, it's all about matchups.

Matchup is the answer to the question why does Phoenix have such a hard time against Utah and Dallas.

• Premium Member

It's true. With Smoove out, we're a bad team. With him in, we're about .500 or better.

I think we have some immaturity but for the most part, I like our chances of winning 40 this season if nobody else goes hurt!

Quote:

It's true. With Smoove out, we're a bad team. With him in, we're about .500 or better.

I think we have some immaturity but for the most part, I like our chances of winning 40 this season if nobody else goes hurt!

well I know I'm immature, I can only speak for myself though grin.gif

40 games? no way. we're going to finish around 6th worst in the league and not get a Center again this year and have the same damn problems outside of injuries we continue to have right now.

it's like Don Nelson was once quoted as saying "In the NBA the worst thing you can be is mediocre. The worst thing you can do is be the 7 or 8 seed in the playoffs every year. If you're not really good you've got to get really bad before you can turn it around."

we're stuck.

Quote:

So the 36-8 team with a 17 game winning streak isn't scary?

If we are at full strength we actually match up pretty well against Phoenix. Dallas too. But we have no answer against San Antonio. All of our centers will foul out of the game. We should run this lineup all day against Phoenix

JJ

Chills

Marvin

Smoove

Shelden

Put JJ on Steve Nash and Smoove on Marion. I think Shelden can hold his own against Amare because it will be the first center he faces that he could actually see eye to eye on.

Quote:

Quote:

So the 36-8 team with a 17 game winning streak isn't scary?

If we are at full strength we actually match up pretty well against Phoenix. Dallas too. But we have no answer against San Antonio. All of our centers will foul out of the game. We should run this lineup all day against Phoenix

JJ

Chills

Marvin

Smoove

Shelden

Put JJ on Steve Nash and Smoove on Marion. I think Shelden can hold his own against Amare because it will be the first center he faces that he could actually see eye to eye on.

Again, I'm happy to work out privately the details of a wager if anybody would like to bet straight-up that the Hawks will get a win vs. the Suns this year.

Quote:

There's a lot of pissing and moaning about Feb... Strangely enough, it comes from the headquarters of pissing and moaning about the Hawks. I don't have a lot of time to talk, but the Hawks can beat a lot of the teams listed simply based on matchup.

The scary teams on that list:

Dallas, San Antonio, and Houston. Otherwise, I'm not scared.

4-10