• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ok be honest, what do you think of this team?

Joker

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this team is two quality starters (point guard and center) and a good coach away from being anything more then a fringe playoff team. Continued improvement from the current crop of youngster will certaintly help but some other moves need to be made if this team wants to be a championship contender.

Unfortunately, these are the two hardest positions to fill in professional basketball.

Quote:

nbasuperstar is not a scout. He has no punctuation, manner, can't spell anything, and puts words together like 10 year old. He's hotlanta part 2. Scouts don't just come to a Hawks board and start bashing players, especially ones that are clearly better than he's giving them credit for.

BEFORE the season, sportsline had JJ as the #22 best player in the NBA, that could have only increased after the season he's had this year.

Smith's season this year is an AK47 (prime) clone. With a good PG on this team, Smith will be even better, and his FG% will go up and turnovers down, because he will no longer have to create everything for himself. Scouts obviously recognize how valuable Smith is. Besides, Smith is already a legit all-defensive teamer.

For him to suggest that Smith isn't even starter quality, is complete absurdness and shouldn't even warrant a response.

I wasn't going to post here for a month til the season was over. Then you bash me as a person. I'm not good writer, never claim to be one, but you didn't have to sneek diss me. I'm not gonna lie, when it comes to the Hawks, I'm harder on them then any other team in the NBA, but that out my love for the franchise, but you didn't have to insult me. bye just bye.

I'm not bashing you as a person, just your credibility.. because you are NOT an NBA scout. You may not be a good writer, but anyone in college or has been in college at least knows how to spell and put words together so that they make sense. I'm a mathematics major (because I'm horrible in English classes) yet I still realize sentence structure.

Being hard on the team you love is one thing, saying Josh Smith isn't a starter and JJ is nothing more than a good role player is absolute nonsense.

Quote:

Being hard on the team you love is one thing, saying Josh Smith isn't a starter and JJ is nothing more than a good role player is absolute nonsense.

I agree, but so is when you say that Smoove is a legit All defensive team. Now that is nonsense. pillepalle.gif

Lmao @ these fools bashing Smoove.

Reminds me of the Falcons when it comes to Vick.

Yeah let's bash basically the only positive thing on the team right now.

Ignoring the blatant other factors that are more of the reason why we are losing games.

Smoove is the anti-tank machine and you people think he sucks and wouldn't start elsewhere?

Unbelievable.

If we cut Smoove today, at least 20 teams would open up their check books for a 21 year old guy in a category only with Shawn Marion in versatility.

Quote:

Quote:

I agree, but so is when you say that Smoove is a legit All defensive team. Now that is nonsense. pillepalle.gif

Why because he didn't say "And Marvin is too?"

If you watch Smith play at all you know he needs work on his defense. People here confuse blocking shots with being a great defender and it isn't accurate. Smith gets a lot of hustle blocks on the break and is great at blocking shots off the weakside.

But, straight up defense is NOT his forte. I don't know if he can't or just gets lazy but he has trouble stopping guys off the dribble.

If Smith gets any defensive awards it will be because people don't get what defense is all about. I love Smith and view him as a huge key to the franchise. But, he is not the best defender and if you focus away from the ball and watch him will see it clearly.

He is a great shot blocker by any measure.

Dont forget that he also avg 1.4 steals per game. Which puts him in the top 25.

You are blind if you don't believe that his one on one defense hasn't improved. The other day he absolutely confounded Magloire. He does a good job of altering shots of bigs who aren't "true centers" Besides the amazing Amare game, I can't think of any games where he has been totally dominated on defense.

As if we didn't already confirm his false claims of being a scout..

When talking about Almond and Smith playing at McEachern.

Link

Quote:

I acually played with both players so I know this, I'm not saying Almond is better right now, but back then he was. Smith wasn't that good but he could jump out the gym and was hella tall... you need to ask into more before you critizes....

Lmao @ "you need to ask into more before you critizes."

Just look at the sentence structure, it hardly makes sense. Secondly, he "played" with them in high school? And he's already a scout? So you are a 21 year old scout?

Link

Quote:

and I have dyslesia so my writing might not always sound precise but I know what I'm talking about which is all that matters.

He has "dyslesia" but doesn't even know how to spell it, or even come close for that matter. And "dyslesia" has nothing to do with sentence structure or organizing a sentence.

Link (This will cover the next 3 quotes).

Quote:

noone is arguing about JJ but it everyone else but Chillz, no way JJ could carry this team all season without some help for others not named Childress.

In this quote, he makes it seem as if JJ is a damn good player, but in this thread he suggests that JJ is nothing more than a good role player.

Quote:

I see you like to bring up the 4-1 start

Game 1- lost to Philly

Game 5- beat Tor. and it wasn't on TV.

Game 4- upset the Cavs, great win but unlikey to happen again. Didn't really come to play outside of Gooden...

Game 2- Knicks... they sucked and Joe went off

Game 3- Orlando didn't come to play,
I watched that game on Sun.

So in other words, he watched 1 game out of 5. This tells me that nbasuperstar probably hasn't seen more than 10 games this year.

Quote:

My bad I overdid the comment, what I ment was this team is below average.

First we are below average, now we are by far the worst team in the NBA?

Quote:

As if we didn't already confirm his false claims of being a scout..

When talking about Almond and Smith playing at McEachern.

Quote:

I acually played with both players so I know this, I'm not saying Almond is better right now, but back then he was. Smith wasn't that good but he could jump out the gym and was hella tall... you need to ask into more before you critizes....

Lmao @ "you need to ask into more before you critizes."

Just look at the sentence structure, it hardly makes sense. Secondly, he "played" with them in high school? And he's already a scout? So you are a 21 year old scout?

Link

Quote:

and I have dyslesia so my writing might not always sound precise but I know what I'm talking about which is all that matters.

He has "dyslesia" but doesn't even know how to spell it, or even come close for that matter. And "dyslesia" has nothing to do with sentence structure or organizing a sentence.

Link (This will cover the next 3 quotes).

Quote:

noone is arguing about JJ but it everyone else but Chillz, no way JJ could carry this team all season without some help for others not named Childress.

In this quote, he makes it seem as if JJ is a damn good player, but in this thread he suggests that JJ is nothing more than a good role player.

Quote:

I see you like to bring up the 4-1 start

Game 1- lost to Philly

Game 5- beat Tor. and it wasn't on TV.

Game 4- upset the Cavs, great win but unlikey to happen again. Didn't really come to play outside of Gooden...

Game 2- Knicks... they sucked and Joe went off

Game 3- Orlando didn't come to play,
I watched that game on Sun.

So in other words, he watched 1 game out of 5. This tells me that nbasuperstar probably hasn't seen more than 10 games this year.

Quote:

My bad I overdid the comment, what I ment was this team is below average.

First we are below average, now we are by far the worst team in the NBA?

I work for disclose firm in the basketball scouting department.

I've been scouting on my own since 16, so I know the game and I know I see the game differently then others... you are trying to bring up old threads from the time when they was 4-1, that was before JJ came back to earth and so did some others... and I watched the games over the net about two months later to see what the Hawks was doing diff. then and now, and it was really just JJ and Lue.

JJ is a good player, hell he a All Star caliber player, but he is NOT better then the guys I mention eariler in this thread.

And when has being a scout had anything to do with grammar, this isn't the regents test this is hawksquawk.....

What else do you want to bring up to unsucessfully try to discredit me, becuase your doing a bad job at it. I know your huge J Smith fan but if I thought he was good I would have said it... I know I came off haterish in most of my post here, but that's a refelection of this organization.

Quote:

There is no way you are a scout for anything that would be "professional". Not with what you have brought to this dance.

this is a dance, if this was a dance I'll be Michael Jackson and some of you guys are the dudes from the Nextel commerical.

Because people that dropped out of high school can put sentences together better than you. It's not just your grammar, half of your sentences don't even make sense.

From reading your posts, it's questionable if you can even speak the english language. I can't believe you are claiming to be a scout.