• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stop feeling sorry for yourselves as Hawk fans

TheNorthCydeRises

Good lord. People act like the Hawks have hit rock bottom. We're far from a rock bottom team.

We had tremendously back luck with injuries this season, yet, people act like the 30 wins we put up were the BEST that we could do.

Stop the "woe is me as a Hawk fan" crap. This team is far from perfect, but it's nowhere near the worst collection of talent either.

Cry about who we should've taken all you want. That ish does not matter now.

Bottom line is this: Would you feel better if this team won 36 - 40 games, but still missed the playoffs? That's what the vast majority of this board predicted about this team last summer.

Hell, we were injured all year, and then we tanked the last 3 weeks of the season, sitting people down for the year with "minor" injuries. That's how you get to 30 wins. Ish . . you had SOME people on this board advocating tanking back in January, to have us win 23 - 24 games.

The media will continue to attack the Hawks, until we turn this thing around. Until then . . (( bleep )) what the media says about this team. If they hype us up, it doesn't make us a better team ( ask Orlando ). And if they dog us, it doesn't mean that we're the worst in the league. Because teams like Minnesota and New York are much worse off than we are.

(( handing a lot of you guys some Kleenex, to wipe your dang eyes out with. ))

Man the (( bleep )) up.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because other than the four straight 50+ loss seasons (longest in the NBA), missing the playoffs for eight years in a row (longest in the NBA), not drafting an All-Star since Hall and Oates was a headline act (longest in pro sports), and not making it to an NBA Finals since JFK was in office (longest in the NBA), this franchise is on the up and up. After all, the leadership being shown in the front office and ownership box has been a shining example of how winning organizations are supposed to be run. Yeah, right.

Short of this team packing up and leaving town, this is as low as I've ever seen them since they jobbed out in 1975 to draft David Thompson with the #1 pick, only for him to bolt to the ABA. Sorry if I sound pessimistic but a fella has to have MORE proof that things are going to be better other than saying that the young guys will one day come around. I want that day to occur while I'm still alive.

Just charging the season off to injuries just doesn't fly with me.

I don't feel sorry for myself as a fan, and I don't think many here do. I do think a lot of people are very angry, fed-up, and disgusted with the state this franchise has fallen into, and IMO those feelings are justifiable.

But feeling sorry for myself because my favorite pro basketball team sucks? No way. It's just a game, and ultimately meaningless in the grand scheme of things. The bottom-line is that it's just a diversion, with no more real meaning than the meaning you yourself invest in it. I can guarantee you about 5.5 billion people across the face of the globe have never even heard of the Atlanta Hawks, and of the ones that have, most couldn't give two shits one way or the other. They're more concerned with daily life, survival, and putting food on the table.

When we are lying on our death beds, none of us are going to be thinking about the Hawks, BK, Woodson, or any of such trivialities. It's all about perspective, and sometimes it's easy to lose sight of that fact. And for the here and now, all this losing will only make the winning that much sweeter, whenever that winning comes. And it will come- nothing remains static.

It is incredable for Adults to go the lengths of emotions about a Sports Team. It is Sports. It is supposed to enjoy. It is entertainment. It should not be life or death. Some post as it is life or death. That is sad. People come here and vent Hate towards people because a difference of opinion, gosh. People (some call themselves Christians) call management out of their names. It is insane what is said here.

These guys making their living and youse guys having ulcers. It's just sports. Enjoy the ride. elefant.gif

This is about striving for excellence Swat. What's the point of anything if you look at it your way?

Is there really anything that somebody can be passionate about? Can somebody do well and strive for excellence in business?...because it's only a job right?

The truth is this...just about EVERYTHING on this planet is some type of diversion. Almost everything is not life or death and yet people attach differing levels of importance to areas in their life. Northcyde always comes on here like some wise sage who has it all figured out. A legend in his own mind. Most of his posts start out with...LOL...as in, I get a kick out of all these dumbasses on here.

I don't need anybody telling me about what there own priorities are because I find it arrogant. The Hawks are lucky that that there are at least a few guys who care enough to post on this site.

Most people here call it like they see it. They don't need somebody lecturing them that this isn't important, its all just a game, sniff the roses, yada, yada.

How about you post like you like, NC posts like he likes, and everybody else do the same. It IS only basketball. You can say that about a lot of things. But, this is our town, our team, and they keep score. Guys get paid a lot of money to run things right, coach correctly, and play their best. Why do the coaches on every team spend 18 hours a day trying to win? It's only basketball right? Because it's all about excellence. We all know in the big picture it doesn't matter but so what???

Personally, I would love to see an organization that stood for excellence in all that they did...a franchise that expected to be the absolute best. If your going to do something or follow something, why not expect the best, even if it's only basketball?

stirthepot.gif

Northcyed AND Seano have it right.

Whatever the Hawks do or don't do, it's not going to

change things in the big picture of what goes on in

the world.

Considering all the things most of us agree that is wrong

with this Atlanta team, as has been pointed out here -

Ownership problems - Coaching - team structure - and all

those injuries to the main players.

Still, with all this, we do have a very young, exciting

team. Healthy, we will be better. Hawks will win more

games. It has been so long since our beloved team had

real hopes of going to the playoffs and making some real

noise when we arrive there.

We're not riding some old vets, hoping we get there before

they are too old to play - - Being sick because we didn't

make it and knowing time is running out.

Rebuilding with youth takes a lot longer than it would

have with vets, but it will last much better once we get

there. Hawks are only 12 - 14 wins away from the big

post season party. This should be the year we make it.

huepfenicon111.gif

Quote:

This is about striving for excellence Swat. What's the point of anything if you look at it your way?

Is there really anything that somebody can be passionate about? Can somebody do well and strive for excellence in business?...because it's only a job right?

The truth is this...just about EVERYTHING on this planet is some type of diversion. Almost everything is not life or death and yet people attach differing levels of importance to areas in their life. Northcyde always comes on here like some wise sage who has it all figured out. A legend in his own mind. Most of his posts start out with...LOL...as in, I get a kick out of all these dumbasses on here.

I don't need anybody telling me about what there own priorities are because I find it arrogant. The Hawks are lucky that that there are at least a few guys who care enough to post on this site.

Most people here call it like they see it. They don't need somebody lecturing them that this isn't important, its all just a game, sniff the roses, yada, yada.

How about you post like you like, NC posts like he likes, and everybody else do the same. It IS only basketball. You can say that about a lot of things. But, this is our town, our team, and they keep score. Guys get paid a lot of money to run things right, coach correctly, and play their best. Why do the coaches on every team spend 18 hours a day trying to win? It's only basketball right? Because it's all about excellence. We all know in the big picture it doesn't matter but so what???

Personally, I would love to see an organization that stood for excellence in all that they did...a franchise that expected to be the absolute best. If your going to do something or follow something, why not expect the best, even if it's only basketball?

I see your point. I used to post all over the web (Hawkswise) But I really only come here now. My post was as much for me as about youse.

Winning is what we want and winning will have this board a better place.

This losing is long enough. crash.gif

Guest Walter

Because you simply don't get it.

We are AT BEST a mediocre team in the coming years and at worse we remain LESSER mediocre team. We have nowhere to go but nowhere without a miracle. This is the NBA! Mediocrity is a graveyard and you like what you see!?!

Our rebuild is on life support, the people that have tried to take it's life are not only free but continue to preside over it's care, The court may in effect pull the plug on it anyhow with 4 year contract limits, etc., and you want us to be grateful for the tihings we have been given. Good work Halmark.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

seriously?

let's trade our young talent for either players at or near the end of their prime.

pillepalle.gif

pretty please, with sugar on top, calm down!

Gearon is that you? BK maybe? KB? The strawman resembles KB, the half truth Gearon. The excuse BK. GSUteke the all in one incompetence excuser.

W

Losing is indeed the problem, it has left only a handful of posters here, left smacking of the obvious....losing. What insightful genius. This Board USED to be one of the more insightful and informative. Maybe some new people will start posting here, when the obvious does not happen next season.

Quote:

Losing is indeed the problem, it has left only a handful of posters here, left smacking of the obvious....losing. What insightful genius. This Board USED to be one of the more insightful and informative. Maybe some new people will start posting here, when the obvious does not happen next season.

the other half is the agenda driven posters that remain who beat the same subjects over the head over and over again with a rubber mallet.

there are 3 or 4 posters that put up the majority of posts on Hawksquawk and I don't have to read their posts to know what they've written.