• Raised $390 of $700 target

3rd pick for Alridge straight up!!!

Wurider05

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only ? about him is his health. If there are no behind the scenes concerns about his health then we do this deal in a second. I just think Portland would rather have the twin towers or Lemarcus and Durant then take a huge risk on a project like Conley.

• Premium Member

Quote:

There is no chance of Portland trading Aldridge for just the 3rd pick.

If the deal gets done it will have to include Smith or Childress with Jack coming here.

Time will tell. But I disagree completely:

HAWKSQUAWK > Pritchard's sal cap is prolly more consequential

And given what's been reported about BK's initial offer (#3 for Ald,Jack,#1-2008), assuming that's accurate, it's fairly asinine for him to back off that all the way down to what you're proposing, Ex, wouldn't you agree?... so, BK walks if it comes down to that deal, and we do something else. cool.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

I wonder if this is a possibility and with the 11th pick we get a pg.

Same as I just said to Ex... you want $30,000 for your car, a guy offers you $15,000 for it... then, you walk away... it's just too far from the initial asking price.

Whether anyone here does or not, BK evidently places substantially greater value on the pick.

Quote:

I really think Alridge is enough because if Alridge was in the draft he would be 3rd player taken overall so its pretty much drafting him str8 up.

I don't know about that. He was picked 2nd last year, but that draft had absolutely nothing up top. He'd be a mid to high-lotto pick this year, I think.

Put it this way say we stay with our 3rd pick. Would you rather Have Brandon Wright who is a PF, Yi who is a SF/PF shooting big man or Conley who people think doesnt deserve to be picked at 3. Or would you rather LaMarcus alridge a 6-11 player who can play in the post and blocks shots me perssonally would take Alridge over any of these players because it fills a huge need at center. Alridge and Smith in the paint rebounding and blocking shots would make this team so much better.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Whether anyone here does or not, BK evidently places substantially greater value on the pick.

BK's asking for $30,000 on a $19,000 dollar car. Portland's response ($15,000) was FAR closer to the picks value than BK's offer was. A good GM doesn't TALK a good deal for his team, he makes one.

The rumored offer from BK was absurd. Aldridge, Jack, AND a 1st rder?!?! If a car salesman stated that price right off the bat I'd take my business elsewhere.

It would be a fair deal straight up 3 for Aldridge considering our needs. He has some star ability and he can play center. It addresses both our talent and center needs. I would then draft Crittenton as he has some star ability and also addresses our Pg needs. Two seeming star ability players don't equal a seeming superstar one but we have so many GD holes and no pick next year players that address our positional and talent needs like these two should be pushed for.

Aldridge/ZaZa

JS/SW

MW/JC

JJ/JC

Speedy/Critt/one of the Pgs (trade the other - their choice - to LA for a well protected pick)

That's a hell of a lineup if you ask me.

W

Quote:

Quote:

I wonder if this is a possibility and with the 11th pick we get a pg.

Same as I just said to Ex... you want $30,000 for your car, a guy offers you $15,000 for it... then, you walk away... it's just too far from the initial asking price.

And that's how you come to common ground that both sides can agree upon. Back and forth. And I wouldn't expect anything less from the first offer.

Quote:

And given what's been reported about BK's initial offer (#3 for Ald,Jack,#1-2008),

That wasn't BK's initial offer anyway. The extra first round pick wasn't added until we added another player to the deal.

Aldridge is easily better than anyone available at 3 (and BK believes this judging by the thread you quoted) so why would they give up Jack and a future 1st as well? That is ridiculous.

Quote:

I really think Alridge is enough because if Alridge was in the draft he would be 3rd player taken overall so its pretty much drafting him str8 up.

That is not even remotely true.

He is not nearly as highly regarded a prospect as several players in this draft especially Wright and Yi Jianlian.

He surprised people with how he played this year in the league but no way would he have been taken 3rd overall.

He wouldn't have even been drafted over Joakim Noah if Noah came out.

Quote:

Put it this way say we stay with our 3rd pick. Would you rather Have Brandon Wright who is a PF, Yi who is a SF/PF shooting big man or Conley who people think doesnt deserve to be picked at 3. Or would you rather LaMarcus alridge a 6-11 player who can play in the post and blocks shots me perssonally would take Alridge over any of these players because it fills a huge need at center. Alridge and Smith in the paint rebounding and blocking shots would make this team so much better.

Aldridge is no more of a C than Al Horford.

He was a PF/C prospect just like Yi, Noah, and Horford are listed.

But all of a sudden he's some true center according to all of you.

Quote:

Aldridge is easily better than anyone available at 3 (and BK believes this judging by the thread you quoted) so why would they give up Jack and a future 1st as well? That is ridiculous.

Aldridge wasn't even easily better than anyone available at 3 in last year's pathetic draft and now he's better than anyone better at three in one of the strongest drafts ever?

Lol yeah ok.

Aldridge would not come close to sniffing the top 5 in this draft.

Quote:

I agree completely, there's just no way Portland does this deal.