• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Flavor of the Week Version II

AHF

• Moderators

After a day or so of voting, I will post the numbers from last week. I just don't want to influence anything in the early going.

Just before the draft, I will post a composite of how the board's view on the pick has changed over time (assuming that the Hawks don't trade the draft before draft day).

• Premium Member

You know what you can have is a graph of each player week by week with HS determination.

The truth is that some player who I refuse to call by name is only getting votes because of stubbornness of HSers to admit that they were wrong.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The workouts and the combine certainly will influence the voting. The fact that Horford measured taller than expected definitely helps his cause, while Conley's shooting struggles in workouts hurts him.

I don't understand why, though.

One inch doesn't make Horford a center, and we already knew Conley had a streaky jumper.

Quote:

Ya'll seem to be jumping the gun way to early, wait to all the measurement are released, what if Yi is at 7'1, or Noah is a legit 7.

As a longterm "gun jumper" and "fence sitter", I resemble that remark!

For AHF: You can count on my expert opinion changing weekly depending on what I read about who last! munching_out.gif

Quote:

Quote:

The workouts and the combine certainly will influence the voting. The fact that Horford measured taller than expected definitely helps his cause, while Conley's shooting struggles in workouts hurts him.

I don't understand why, though.

One inch doesn't make Horford a center, and we already knew Conley had a streaky jumper.

The fact that Horford is the same height as Okafor is certainly a big issue with me. And the fact that he isn't a center isn't that relevant since there aren't any centers in serious consideration at 3.

We knew that Conley wasn't a great shooter in games but struggling in a workout with nobody trying to block your shot, when you have had plenty of time to work on it, is certainly cause for concern.

• Moderators

Quote:

You know what you can have is a graph of each player week by week with HS determination.

Some version of that will be done although I am not very graphic savvy so I may need help getting an actual line graph going.

Quote:

I think Conley's sex appeal is wearing thin. The hype machine carried him up to this point. Now it's gonna have to be his workouts. Voted for Horford.

I am still in the Conley camp as I believe a pass first point guard is invaluable. Horford, assuming he is as big as the rumors indicate, is the only other option.