Jarrett Jack for the 11th pick

Scott

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

-Speaking of Javaris Crittenton,, it's interesting to note that he's scheduled to work out with the Portland Trailblazers the day before the draft, June 27th. He obviously won't be working out for the #1 pick, and can't be planning on Portland's next pick at #37 either.

You can never tell about Portland, remember all those trades last year on draft night. Personally, I'd rather have the pic (Conelly/Critt/Law) or Sergio than Jack. With Jack you know what you are getting an improvement over what we have but nothing spectacular. The others have a chance to be spectacular or go bust or something in between. But trading an #11 pick for a #22 player sounds like Billy.

Quote:

...With Jack you know what you are getting an improvement over what we have but nothing spectacular. The others have a chance to be spectacular or go bust or something in between. But trading an #11 pick for a #22 player sounds like Billy.

Does portland have a second round pick? I would love to see us pick up Jack for the #11 and then also be able to snag Big Baby in the second round for depth.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Does portland have a second round pick? I would love to see us pick up Jack for the #11 and then also be able to snag Big Baby in the second round for depth.

Try four of 'em... 37, 42, 52, and 53.

Quote:

He's a 2. He has a shooter's mentality. I wouldn't mind having a second rounder this year but Delonte doesn't fill a need.

I can't say this with 100% certainty because I don't watch the Celtics play, but the last scouting report I read on Delonte (sometime this spring) was that West had been playing effectively at the PG position for the Celts.

Can anyone speak on this?