• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jarrett Jack for the 11th pick

Scott

Quote:

Quote:

Do you honestly think the Grizz would do that one sided deal? Because they would laugh hard.

Did you see what they wanted from the Bulls? IF they trade Gasol there will be several key assets involved.

Agreed. Lo and Speedy are negatives and the #3 isn't enough on its own.

I agree that the 3 on its own probably isn't enough. But we shouldn't forget just how much value the 3 pick has in this draft. Some people see Yi or Brendan Wright or Horford as potential franchise players. A lot of people really like Conely. And the Grizz want to cut payroll and Gasol wants out.

So...we may have to throw in someone like Zaza or Chill, but I'd be willing to do that. Especially with Zaza. He's a productive center for cheap and that should be attractive to the Grizz, plus I think we'd be OK with Shelden and Solo splitting time at backup center together.

This would allow the Grizz to grab, say, Al Horfod and Mike Conely AND add a bargain at C in Zaza. A good, young cheap core for them to rebuild around....an all-star bigman for us.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that lineup KB. Jack and Johnson in the backcourt would be awesome. Two unselfish players, who can score (johnson more then jack of course), play defense and lead is something I would give #11 for. Get your quality big pf/center in horford (at #3) who gives us a back to the basket game, rebounding and shot blocking ability etc.

Only question the hawks would have to ask themselves in THIS scenario (taking conley out of the mix) is....Is jack better then acie law......and is horford a better choice then Ye.

• Premium Member

He also didn't play PG primarily for Portland because Roy also spent good minutes there. Not to mention that outside of Roy and Randolph (and Jack) Portland was not much of an offensive team last year. His numbers would go up if he was the primary point guard and given 40 minutes a game with the talent we have around him.

FWIW Jack is also one of the best defensive PGs in the league. We haven't had defense at PG since Mookie.

Quote:

Portland played Jack at the 2 a lot if I am not mistaken. Plus Portland didn't have a lot of scoring. That would account somewhat for his low assist totals.

That's flat out false. Jack almost exclusively played the 1 last year. He played a lot with Roy. He also played some with Dixon, when he was with the Blazers. Dixon almost always played the 2, with Jack playing the 1. Jack almsot NEVER played alongside Rodriguez or Dickau.

Quote:

The thing i like about Jack is that he takes it to the basket and can finish/get to the line. We are too much of a jump shooting team at times. And he is a good foul shooter.

He didn't take it to the basket nearly enough for this to be a factor in signing him, more less trading the #11 for him. He only shot 3.5 FTA per game in 33+ minutes of playing time. In comparison, Ty Lue shot 2.9 FTA per game in roughly 27 minutes of PT.

When you stretch that out per 48 minutes, Lue goes to the line 5.3 times per game . . Jack goes 5.1 times per game.

I hope this deductive reasoning is false. I'd much rather have Acie Law here, or even Conley, than Jack. And if Jack were so good, why would Portland give him up for the #11 pick in the draft? They must know that Jack probably isn't going to get much better than he is right now.

If Jack were in this draft, there's NO WAY he'd be considered at #11. No way.

Quote:

He also didn't play PG primarily for Portland because Roy also spent good minutes there. Not to mention that outside of Roy and Randolph (and Jack) Portland was not much of an offensive team last year. His numbers would go up if he was the primary point guard and given 40 minutes a game with the talent we have around him.

FWIW Jack is also one of the best defensive PGs in the league. We haven't had defense at PG since Mookie.

This is false. Roy played the point maybe 15% of the time that he was on the floor. Whenever Jack and Roy were on the floor together, Jack ALWAYS played the point.

Roy is a 2-guard, that has the ability to be a lead guard, much like JJ does. In the 1/2 court offense, the ball usually ends up in Roy's or Zebo's hands, so that they can take the shot or find the open mand when the shot clock is running down. Roy is a very good facilitator in the 1/2 court set, much like JJ, Vince Carter, D-Wade, and T-Mac are. But he doesn't play the point, and he's not guarding PGs.

With the lack of quality PGs in this league, you wonder why Portland would give up such a "valuable" commodity. Give up Jack just to draft Critt? Think about that. Does this even sound right?

Quote:

[

This would allow the Grizz to grab, say, Al Horfod and Mike Conely AND add a bargain at C in Zaza. A good, young cheap core for them to rebuild around....an all-star bigman for us.

NO...........

We want Hoford and Conley don't let the Grizz rip us off twice.

I really like Gasol but now I think I like Hoford more, especially long term. Conley will be an elite PG. They are building blocks we need.

no saying I disagree with any of this here at all.

But shhhhhhhhhhh............ don't let any of the BK haters hear that Roy was a scoring guard and would have been an exact replicia of JJ. Everyone loves ripping on BK for passing on Roy because he was in their eyes a franchise PG last year.

This is the same argument I posed last year against Roy, while talented he was just as redundent as draft any other 2.

LOL . . I won't tell. But it's pretty obvious to see when you see Portland play. There's a difference between running a team, and being a good decision maker with the ball in your hands when the shot clock is running down.

People might be shocked to see this, but Iggy averaged more assists than Jack did last year . . 5.7 to 5.3. That doesn't make Iggy a PG. That makes Iggy a pretty good faciliator in the 1/2 court offense. Guys like he, JJ, and Vince usually get their assists when they break people down, and find people for open jumpers.

But none of those guys are going to guard, say a T.J. Ford or even a Luke Ridnour. Maybe Iggy could do it, but your average 2-guard that is a good playmaker, can't turn around and guard a PG. Ish . . Kobe is a great defender, and even he doesn't do it a lot of the time. And Kobe is a good 1/2 court faciliator . . when he wants to.

Quote:

OOOOOOOOO......Ya' like Jack, huh. Me too !

Sounds like others at your place of work are high in him too.

I really like the Mookie comparison. Their styles are close to one another and Jack is bigger.

He didn't take it to the basket nearly enough for this to be a factor in signing him, more less trading the #11 for him. He only shot 3.5 FTA per game in 33+ minutes of playing time. In comparison, Ty Lue shot 2.9 FTA per game in roughly 27 minutes of PT.

When you stretch that out per 48 minutes, Lue goes to the line 5.3 times per game . . Jack goes 5.1 times per game.

Your point is a fact but there is a majot varaible.

His name is Randloph. He is a black hole. He holds the ball for 10 seconds each touch he gets before shooting. Hard for the PG to have time to drive when you got to feed a black hole like Randolph who prevents any form of true ball movement to get the defense scrambling opening up dribble drive oppurtunities.

Hawks actually show good ball movement at times given the youth on the floor. You can tell Woody preaches to them not to hold the ball too long. I saw major improvment in this area from 2006 to 2007.

Quote:

With the lack of quality PGs in this league, you wonder why Portland would give up such a "valuable" commodity. Give up Jack just to draft Critt? Think about that. Does this even sound right?

No. It definitely makes me suspicious as did the trade offers involving Jack i saw on RealGM.

Personally i would rather have Law than Jack. But i would rather have Jack than Crit.

Quote:

In the 1/2 court offense, the ball usually ends up in Roy's or Zebo's hands, so that they can take the shot or find the open mand when the shot clock is running down.

which would cut into the number of assists the pg gets.

Quote:

no saying I disagree with any of this here at all.

But shhhhhhhhhhh............ don't let any of the BK haters hear that Roy was a scoring guard and would have been an exact replicia of JJ. Everyone loves ripping on BK for passing on Roy because he was in their eyes a franchise PG last year.

This is the same argument I posed last year against Roy, while talented he was just as redundent as draft any other 2.

Ya, certain guys were too hard headed to grasp that simple concept and loved to bash BK for not picking a SG who in their dream world is a 6'7'' PG. Very ignorant considering we had already gone down that road with Diaw & JJ at PG.

Now that they see they were very wrong .....we finally stop hearing that c*** every day.

Quote:

...Personally i would rather have Law than Jack. But i would rather have Jack than Crit...

I tend to agree. I can't help but wonder if Law's good showing as far as athleticism will mean he will be gone before the 11 pick. Everybody already knows he is a clutch shooter.

The old argument was (if a big was taken or traded for with the 3 pick)...just take whoever is left between Con/Law/Critt at 11. I would tend to back away from that now and might even bring in Stuckey for a workout...better yet I would probably play it safer and do the 11 for Jack deal. I know he can play and can contribute next year when Speedy's knees start to wear down (about the fourth game probably). detective.gif

Quote:

People might be shocked to see this, but Iggy averaged more assists than Jack did last year . . 5.7 to 5.3.

That is amazing for a post player. Seems I have Randolph all wrong. There is some real substance to his game.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

People might be shocked to see this, but Iggy averaged more assists than Jack did last year . . 5.7 to 5.3.

That is amazing for a post player. Seems I have Randolph all wrong. There is some real substance to his game.

Iggy does not mean Randolph. Iggy is Andre Iguodala.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Iggy does not mean Randolph. Iggy is Andre Iguodala.

My bad, guess I missed how the a 76er wound up in the Jack /Portland converstion.

I was guessing it was some nickname for Randolph too.

My bad !

From Realgm

Boston Trades

Delonte West

#32 for

Atlanta trades

The Trade ID for this scenario is 3899055. Delontes salary is small enough atlanta doesnt need to send anyone back, if they want to send somone on a rookie contract back to boston they can.

Doubt if Boston would do this. Any takers.