Hawks fans wake up !!!!

wolvetigers

Why is so many people bashing Sheldin Williams, I read that people want to trade him for Brendan Hayword...I mean are you guys out of your mind. Sheldin Williams will be a solid 10 / 10 player in the mold of Antonio Davis...He will never lead us in scoring, and will not win the Dunk Contest. I know he had a shoulder injury for most of the season but he look at his last five games. He average 15pts and 11rbs. Tell me anywhere that scrub Hayword average that most over a 3game period. THe Hawks Need a PG and a Low Post Threat. I actually think Gasol would fit good at the Center, but i would only give up Childress, Lue, Wrigth and a draft pick for him. Or the lesser alternative would be to find a way to draft YI and Conley.

YES I THINK IT WAS A Stretch TO TAKE SHELDEN AT THE #5 pick. He should of went around 9 or 10. Nonetheless, he will be a solid contributor that brings toughness and grit to our team.

GO Hawks.

jedi.gif

Quote:

Why is so many people bashing Sheldin Williams, I read that people want to trade him for Brendan Hayword...I mean are you guys out of your mind. Sheldin Williams will be a solid 10 / 10 player in the mold of Antonio Davis...He will never lead us in scoring, and will not win the Dunk Contest. I know he had a shoulder injury for most of the season but he look at his last five games. He average 15pts and 11rbs. Tell me anywhere that scrub Hayword average that most over a 3game period. THe Hawks Need a PG and a Low Post Threat. I actually think Gasol would fit good at the Center, but i would only give up Childress, Lue, Wrigth and a draft pick for him. Or the lesser alternative would be to find a way to draft YI and Conley.

YES I THINK IT WAS A Stretch TO TAKE SHELDEN AT THE #5 pick. He should of went around 9 or 10. Nonetheless, he will be a solid contributor that brings toughness and grit to our team.

GO Hawks.

jedi.gif

He should have went in the 2nd round where guys who are better then him went. If your telling me SHelden is worth the 9/10 pick again then Milsap and Craig Smith are top 5 picks. What is to like about Shelden Williams he cant block shots, no low post moves, unsized , he isnt atheltic or fast. We took a guy who is a role player at best to come off the bench with the 5th overall pick wat the hell is this garbage. Shelden Williams was a botched pick no questions ask we coulda signed a FA who could have played better then Shelden did. Shelden can do 1 thing Rebound thats it nothing else. He is a guy who will be coming off the bench the rest of his career in Atlanta. Im sorry you do NOT draft bench players with 5th overall picks thats why many people including myself do not like him. He was suppose to the most ready NBA player 2 DYOP blah blah blah. The guy has no potential or upside this is what it is with him he is already what 23/24 years old. Do you see this guy improving maybe some but nothing game changing or anything being remotely close to a lottery pick. Also BK guarnteeing this guy the 5th overall pick WTF was he smoking. It is no wonder teams think we are the laughing stocks of the NBA its a joke what is going on with this franchise.

These people who have never made a mistake in their

entire life sure make it hard on those of us that do!!

The Landlord will NEVER become a starter in the NBA.

He should have been a second round pick.

He has no talent whatsoever.

Dang. Why couldn't we all see that? It was so easy for

some to see, but we didn't.

Remember this. His injury, which was apparent for most

of last season, has no bearing here. What he did in

his college career should not even be considered. This

is the N.B.A.

Now we learn that he soon going to be an old man soon.

Did I forget anything??

nol2.gif

chairs.gif

violin-1.gif

My all time favorite argument on here. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

So let me get this straight, last year one of our biggest needs was to get a big body down low and a defensive presence in the paint. The plan was a healthy Speedy, so PG wasn't as big of a need, a need but not a glaring need. So last year we draft a guy at 5 that was slotted to be between 9-12 in the draft based on NEED. He was a two time defensive player of the year and supposed to be the most NBA ready big man. So we take him higher then most projected his value and everyone bitches and moans.

NOW STOP ME IF THIS SOUNDS FAMILIAR THIS YEAR. Our need is a PG, so pre lottery and even in many mocks now Conely is going between 8-11. So if you bash on BK for tkaing Shelden higher then projected because of need, then how can you justify taking Conely at 3???????????????????????? Conely is a 19 yr old freshman and still no gurantee, but he is supposed to be picked 8 spots higher then his value because he is a need. For anyone wanting to draft Conley at 3 and not wait for him at 11 or take Law or Critt at 11, there can be no talk about how Shelden was a bad pick. Roy, Foye, etc would have all been duplicating players we already have at the wing, there was no clear PG last year. So we took a need not talent. Taking Conley is doing the exact same thing, when servicable PG's will be available at 11.

It no longer matters where he was drafted.

All that matters is what he is.

We don't know for sure yet, but he sure looks like a 10/10 guy to me who will be a very good defender. He's also a high character guy.

I don't see why we would want Haywood for him.

It is the double standards I have heard this whole predraft time when it come to Conely. We cannot draft a Forward at 3 because we don't need another forward. If we take Conely at 3 then taking a forward isn't a problem anymore. Especially those 6'8 Forwards that I am sure many of the Conely crowd have bashed BK for taking. We are coming out of this draft with a Forward. It come down to whether you want a 7'0 skilled Big and another tweener 6'8 forward?

I just think it was so obvious that at the beginning and end of the season when his shoulder brace was off he was the 10-14 ppg 8-14 rpg player we drafted him to be. Why trade Shel for Haywood when we can just sign Maglore? Haywood has SIZE but doesnt do a dam thing with it.

i agree, does anyone not remember the start of the season he had, before the shoulder injury he was leading all rookies in reboudning.

I just still can't get over how in one post someone can bash BK for drafting on need, and then in another proclaim we need to draft based on need. There are a lot of Chad Ford clones in here

Quote:

It no longer matters where he was drafted.

All that matters is what he is.

We don't know for sure yet, but he sure looks like a 10/10 guy to me who will be a very good defender. He's also a high character guy.

I don't see why we would want Haywood for him.

and this is the point...sure he was drafted higher than probably we got him..but that doesnt mean by any stretch of the imagination that he's 2nd round material...just because a 2nd round guy does well enough to be a 1st round guy and does better than a 1st round guy, doesnt mean the 1st round guy should be a 2nd rounder. if shelden is a 10/10 player, that is in no way a 2nd rounder.

Quote:

The Landlord will NEVER become a starter in the NBA.

He should have been a second round pick.

He has no talent whatsoever.

Dang. Why couldn't we all see that? It was so easy for

some to see, but we didn't.

Remember this. His injury, which was apparent for most

of last season, has no bearing here. What he did in

his college career should not even be considered. This

is the N.B.A.

Now we learn that he soon going to be an old man soon.

Did I forget anything??

nol2.gif

chairs.gif

violin-1.gif

Come on Gray, a vet like you should appreciate an old throw back type like Sheldon. Van Gundy would have loved to have a guy like Sheldon to pair with Yao. Van Gundy is gone now but oh well.

Scott Skiles would love Sheldon's game.

While Sheldon may not fit the Don Nelson IMO, I think he will be a starter in the league on the right team and true asset to playoff team.

Players like Sheldon earn their money in the playoffs where refs let you get physical.

Now that Sheldon is not a rookie the refs will give him more respect and let him bang some more.

I'm really optimistic this year about Sheldon.

Coachx: Me too!

It just burns my taters when a poster can find nothing

good about one of our Hawks.

Some people get so caught up in what # in the draft that

a player is chosen, they can see nothing about their

favorite whipping boy to appreciate. I was trying,

tongue in cheek, to point this out.

Seriously -

I expect the Landlord to play major minutes, improve on

last year's figures both because of experience and the

fact that the injury should be 100% healed.

Our kiddy Hawks of the last two seasons will be better.

As much as our coach is kicked around, with at least

a part of the kicking well earned, he has room for

improvement and I expect this out of him too.

We have had a rookie coach. He has had to learn, along

with our youngsters. Now is the time for all of them

to step up and produce, both the players AND Woody.

spin.gif