• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ainge might get Ansy...

Diesel

• Premium Member

OF all the GMs in the draft, I think McHale and Ainge are the two most likely to make an impulsive move. Stern did a really good job of screwing Boston again...It's likely that Boston misses out on Yi and Horford. Of all GM's, Ainge has scouted Yi more strongly than any other. IF you think Ainge doesn't want either of those guys, you're fooling yourself.

I think Ainge would be open to Marvin/#3 for Jefferson/#5.

Especially if Horford and Yi continue to be talked about and Ainge is left with Noah (whom from the workout, I didn't get a good feel about.

Moroever, there may be a chance for Ainge to offer Jefferson for the pick straight up. That would give Boston 5 & 3. If they wanted, they could get Horford and Noah...

However, I think they would rather go for Marvin/3 deal because it gives them a Sf to replace Paul Pierce... because Pierce will be traded.

Pretend you are Danny Ainge. You wouldn't trade Al Jefferson for Marvin Williams to move up two spots in the draft.

That's funny.

Pretend you're a Boston fan. You would be absolutely pissed if Al Jefferson was traded, period. He's their Josh Smith, only at a position that's harder to come by.

• Premium Member

Depends on what you get with the 3rd pick.

Pretend you are Ainge again...

You tanked your season and you will come away with Brandan Wright or Joakim Noah?

On top of that, you are going to lose Paul Pierce.

Sucks to be you.

In my mind, Boston almost has to make a trade to move up. Nobody wants sorry ass Kendrick Perkins... The only two players that will get you up that ladder are: Gerald Green and Al Jefferson.. and the Hawks don't care about Green.

• Premium Member

I think Smoove at Sf hasn't been fully explored. I mean you guys rate Smoove at PF and Sf without rating natural improvement. That's to say that maybe Smoove's improvement had nothing to do with position change. Maybe it was just a natural progression.

I would revisit how well Smoove can play Sf.

I would do Marvin/3 for Jefferson/5 so fast I wouldnt even be funny. But no way in hell Ainge does something so stupid Marvin is no where the talent that Jefferson is. Jefferson plays with heart and fire you can tell he wants to win unlike Marvin. This guy was awesome last year and was avging 20/10 the 2nd half of the season. If we somehow did this trade Celtics fans would kill themselves but I still see no way Ainge is this stupid this would be highway robbery for us. Jefferson is way better then Marvin you can argue he is better then Smith too because he actually has alot of low post moves that are at times unstopable. He also is an awesome rebounder and good shot blocker. Can you imagine having Conley Joe Smoove Big AL and defensive FA signing. We would be down right nasty!

Quote:

I would do Marvin/3 for Jefferson/5 so fast I wouldnt even be funny. But no way in hell Ainge does something so stupid Marvin is no where the talent that Jefferson is. Jefferson plays with heart and fire you can tell he wants to win unlike Marvin. This guy was awesome last year and was avging 20/10 the 2nd half of the season. If we somehow did this trade Celtics fans would kill themselves but I still see no way Ainge is this stupid this would be highway robbery for us. Jefferson is way better then Marvin you can argue he is better then Smith too because he actually has alot of low post moves that are at times unstopable. He also is an awesome rebounder and good shot blocker. Can you imagine having Conley Joe Smoove Big AL and defensive FA signing. We would be down right nasty!

i'm loving this idea

Quote:

He can chuck three's and bounce the ball off his feet, I guess that makes him a skilled sf in your mind...

We need a center and a pg; not a science fair test to try and prove Smoove is something he so obviously is not...

Quote:

Quote:

He can chuck three's and bounce the ball off his feet, I guess that makes him a skilled sf in your mind...

We need a center and a pg; not a science fair test to try and prove Smoove is something he so obviously is not...

You act like when Smith plays PF he plays in the post or something he plays on the wing because he doesnt have many low post moves. He is much better then Marvin our SF at driving and slashing to the basket. His jumper could be really lethal if he can shoot at high % remeber his career high against Minnesota he must have hit like 10+ jump shots that game he also had one of the nicest moves of the season that up and under move on Garnett. He was doing better at PF because the players guarding him were slower then him. From what I read he has worked to imrpove his ball handling , jumper and low post moves this offseason. I expect big things from Mr.Smith this year putting himself at a borderline allstar. I dont see how Smith at SF is an experiment when the guy that plays there now is not better then Smith....

Quote:

From what I read he has worked to imrpove his ball handling , jumper and low post moves this offseason. I dont see how Smith at SF is an experiment when the guy that plays there now is not better then Smith....

From what you read? Your name implies it all. Anything negative about Smoove and it is time for you to defend with what you have read.

Smoove is a PF. Abit smallish but still a PF. That is what I am saying. He showed great promise last year because he could beat the bigger PF's down and around the court.

Let's get a center and a pg; leave Smoove where he belongs. The minute you put him up against the Richard Jeffreson's of the world; he becomes turn over and jump shooter city. I know you love your man; but show some real love and give him his best chance to succeed...

Quote:

OF all the GMs in the draft, I think McHale and Ainge are the two most likely to make an impulsive move. Stern did a really good job of screwing Boston again...It's likely that Boston misses out on Yi and Horford. Of all GM's, Ainge has scouted Yi more strongly than any other. IF you think Ainge doesn't want either of those guys, you're fooling yourself.

I think Ainge would be open to Marvin/#3 for Jefferson/#5.

Especially if Horford and Yi continue to be talked about and Ainge is left with Noah (whom from the workout, I didn't get a good feel about.

Moroever, there may be a chance for Ainge to offer Jefferson for the pick straight up. That would give Boston 5 & 3. If they wanted, they could get Horford and Noah...

However, I think they would rather go for Marvin/3 deal because it gives them a Sf to replace Paul Pierce... because Pierce will be traded.

Jefferson/5 for Marvin/3 is a no brainer trade for the Hawks. Jefferson would be the low post scorer the Hawks so desperately need.

As bad as Ainge is though, I don't think he is stupid enough to do that deal.

Why are you so down on Perkins? He is still very young with upside and a mean streak. He is a likely better combo mate with Zaza than Lo or Shelden. I would consider him and Boston's #5 for the 3rd overall. With Ainge at the helm, we might even get more. What has Perkins done for you to be playahating on him (and don't say what he has not done in his early career).