• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Latest information (long)

Sothron

Quote:

Ridiculous.

A bunch of make-up contradictions. If such and such had their way...baloney. You got BK want three different guys. There are so many shots that one might hit.

All of these scenarios could come up with anyone and have from various board posters. This is BS.

I believe it is all coming from you Sothron.

Yeah because the Hawks management has always looked like such a well oiled machine. Why do you think they blow it every year?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Sothron,

I really hope your wrong about Knight drafting Wright. The Kid maybe good in 3 years but we missed the playoffs for 8years now...god knows we dont want to wait 3 more. I agree that Hofford is very similiar to Shelden Williams. Although Hofford maybe a little better i would still grab YI or Conley. Its time the Hawks get smarter. We were lucky to get two lottery picks in the first place. If knight doesnt get a pass first pg then he is AN IDIOT. I wouldnt be as mad with the YI PICK but Wright will make me furious..... stirthepot.gif

• Premium Member

Our final offer for Howard might be #3, #11, Marvin and Chill. We would then start Shell at PF and move Smoove back to SF.

I hate doing percentages but...

1. 10%

2. 50%

3. 40%

4. 50%

I think this last week ahead will be critical for Gasol. The Grizz finally have their GM and the guy has a track record that is just horrible. It actually makes me more hopeful he'll want to blow up their roster to some extent and rebuild with his own pieces.

if we get dwight here, i'd have a few requirements:

a) we still have joe

b) we still have smoove

c) we still have a pick to draft critt/law/etc

d) we still have someone who can play sf (marvin or chill)

e) we still have at least one of our other bigs (zaza/shelden)

then we can go with:

speedy(when healthy)/critt/aj

jj/chill

chill/smoove/jj

smoove/howard/shelden

howard/shelden/solo

so i guess #3/marvin/zaza/slim/lue/future 1st is what i'd give up for howard

• Premium Member

I'm sure you said the same things to Jason Diesel when he started out. It just rolls off my back. I am at the complete mercy of what those guys want to tell me. I just repeat here what I feel is noteworthy and is not "off the record".

If it sounds like BS then shrug.gif There has been several instances of my reporting something here that was picked up on several days later but believe what ya want. Its all good. thumb3d.gif

If ownership, namely Bruce still come around here. He should have gotten the memo by now. If you draft Wright you better call in the Natl Guard. I won't be there. I think Philips Arena will turn into a WAR ZONE. I thought the rumors of Wright were made up by the media. Now to know there is some truth to them. madflam.gif

Lets quit talking about getting Dwight Howard because he is GOING NOWHERE people. This info below is from Espn Insider which I just subscribed to on Espn.com....

Done Deal

Jun 21 - Very little negotiating will be necessary before Dwight Howard signs a five-year contract extension that could be worth an estimated $85 million, serving as the long-term centerpiece for the franchise.

Although the signing might not be done until the business of free agency has begun next month, his presence and the talk of the Magic's commitment to him will be used to help lure any free agent who is wavering.

"Everyone knows Dwight is going to be here for a long time," GM Otis Smith said.

Both the Magic and agent Aaron Goodwin essentially have agreed to the terms. -- Orlando Sentinel

then we get no pg cause gave up #11

we have no sf...i guess smoove has to play there all his time tho he's better at pf and joe will have to back him up putting slim at 2 a lot next to lue for mini-me backcourt

we won't be able to sign any decent pg or sg/sf backup for years and can't even draft for a few years

i'm not such a fan

• Premium Member

Don't sweat it, Orlando isn't trading him to a division rival. I would be very pleasantly shocked if they traded him here. I do think there is a chance of it but its not a likely chance if that makes sense.

Quote:

if we get dwight here, i'd have a few requirements:

a) we still have joe

b) we still have smoove

c) we still have a pick to draft critt/law/etc

d) we still have someone who can play sf (marvin or chill)

e) we still have at least one of our other bigs (zaza/shelden)

then we can go with:

speedy(when healthy)/critt/aj

jj/chill

chill/smoove/jj

smoove/howard/shelden

howard/shelden/solo

so i guess #3/marvin/zaza/slim/lue/future 1st is what i'd give up for howard

what's with everyone coming up with these crazy ass trade ideas?

do you understand how valuable a commodity a player like dwight howard is? they wouldn't even listen to the entire proposal. they'd hang up as soon as you said zaza.

look even the offer of 3, 11, marvin and chills will most likely get turned down.

i'd be willing to go as far as offering joe, #3 and chills for dwight howard. he's a franchise player. he's the best big man in the east. they aren't going to give him up for trash.

• Premium Member

Dude,

I didn't even say "RON IS LYING"... I said " I sniff BS."

Ron, you could be being used or lied to like anybody else. Nothing makes you special. YOu don't have the wonderwoman lasso of truth. It's just a lot of the things that you suggests sounds contradictory with what was said by Woody and BK.

So let it roll off your back. It's not neccessarily meant for you. I think we all can interpret what BK said and instead of trying to validate some "unknown source", I'll just wait til next Thursday night.

I'm sorry but Billy Knight needs to submit to the coach on this one. His track record in the draft(with the Hawks) is not good. Meanwhile the owners are thinking with their pockets (who can blame them) but the coach is the one with the idea thats gonna put the best team on the floor.

You have to be in the playoffs this year and you have no first round pick next year.

No playoffs = no job for knight

Use your head Billy.

• Premium Member

Dude, I'm never jealous of "sources". I don't go around jealous at Sam Smith or Peter Vescey because they have sources. I look at it differently... We have the words of BK and Woody and JJ... and we have the words of "unknown sources"... Who is more believable?

History tells me that more than Likely, the unknown sources are wrong most of the time.

• Premium Member

You could be right to some extent. The only thing they told me before that just blew me away (ie I didn't believe them until it happened) and I was told not to repeat under any circumstance was the Terry for Walker trade. Two out of three of these people are very net savvy and know that this information is reposted (without credit) all over the net and read by other FO people. This could all be an elaborate shell game to put out so much disinformation that it forces someone to cough up something good in a trade for our picks.

I don't know how likely that is but hey who knows it is possible. I just can't believe Knight would seriously draft Wright unless it was for another team and we were trading with them later in the draft.