• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official New Uni Opinion Thread for ASG Feedback

sturt

• Premium Member

Do you like the new unis?

See the poll.

NOTE: If you feel compelled to offer a statement that is unique from any of those given as choices, by all means, reply to this thread accordingly.

There are some similarities with the Bobcats uni as well, which I really don't like.

Overall, the home unis are nice. I really like the new hawk-head logo.

• Premium Member

I hate the new jerseys. If we were going to change jerseys we simply should have returned to the Pac-man jerseys. Changing the actual colors of the team is just tossing out any tradition we have had as a franchise.

I hear you on loosing tradition, but the franchise has changed colors so much its amazing. The spread in the AJC over the weekend showed how many colors and styles the team has had.

I personally like the new Hawks unis better than the monstrosities that the the Falcons now wear. We used to have the best uni in the NFL now the Falcons look like an arena football team.

Overall I like them... I like how it looks like a mean pair of eyes on the back of the shorts. I like the new logo a lot. The colors ARE better. For those that argue against changing colors to keep tradition, I disagree. Atlanta doesn't have a rich tradition like some teams like the Lakers or Celtics. These "new" colors are the actual original colors, so this isn't a brand new scheme.

However, I like the previous font better, and I think they should have stuck with a red away jersey.

• Premium Member

Quote:

These "new" colors are the actual original colors, so this isn't a brand new scheme.

Blue is blue is blue, then?

Nah. I mean, frankly, I despise the sky blue that the original Hawks uni had... the navy blue looks a lot better... but the excuse that these unis return us to our roots is nonsense.

Personally, I hope these are forever known for posterity as THE ANNIVERSARY UNIFORMS... and then, next year let us get back to what is really Atlanta Hawks colors.

munching_out.gif

I pretty much hate the whole thing. It looks so cheesy. It's like we chose to imitate the bobcats for some reason. The logo is horrible, but the worst part of the entire thing is the font, which looks like the pajama rocket jerseys of the mid 90s. The aways need some white in them somewhere. I like the homes ok except for the font. It makes everything look so corny.

I don't really like moving from red to Blue, but I can get over that. I guess they want to push blueland for both sports.

I'm sure I'll get used to it over time, but I was really pissed off when I saw them on saturday.

If they wanted to go blue, they should have gone more like the last all star jerseys.

NOT CORNY

2007_allstar_gallery_9.jpg2007_allstar_gallery_6.jpg

CORNY

blue_jersey_photogallery_13.jpgblue_jersey_photogallery_2.jpg

Although I'll at least admit that they disgust me less and less every day.

Quote:

Do you like the new unis?

See the poll.

NOTE: If you feel compelled to offer a statement that is unique from any of those given as choices, by all means, reply to this thread accordingly.

If one of the poll choices was 'bring back the Pac-Man,' I surmise we'd see a landslide.

Mike Wilbon just called us a joke on PTI.

Funny, that's pretty much what I thought the national media would think. He pretty much echoed my thoughts. It's a cheap money grab, I mean... c'mon, we look almost identical to Team USA!

Just a thought... Wouldn't it be sweet if the first thing Belkin did when and if he wins, is to bring back the Pac?

Quote:

Mike Wilbon just called us a joke on PTI.

Funny, that's pretty much what I thought the national media would think. He pretty much echoed my thoughts. It's a cheap money grab, I mean... c'mon, we look almost identical to Team USA!

Just a thought... Wouldn't it be sweet if the first thing Belkin did when and if he wins, is to bring back the Pac?

Funny how you forgot to mention that Kornheiser thought it was great. Given the fact that this has been in the works for over a year and a half, I'm assuming that Belkin was onboard for this.

I hate the jerseys but this is not a cheap money grab. Whatever extra jersey sales there are get split between the 30 teams. When you consider the costs of re-doing the floor and stuff around the arena, a team with a small following like the hawks will not make much money off of this. This is the typical case of a team having been in a bad spot changing the jerseys to usher in " a new era". There are tons of examples.

I really like the idea of changing the jerseys now, I just think the execution was HORRIBLE.