• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Speak now, or forever hold your peace.

VarsitySlacker

Yi at #3, Law at #11. Note: We would suck and maybe win 29 games, but we'd be on tv, Woody and BK would be gone and we could start anew with a pretty good talent base.

But if we can, trade for Amare! He would save BK and Woody's jobs and maybe hurt us in the long run, but at this point, I'd take it. Heck, if we got Gasol we might suck hard this year, too. But we'd be ready for a new coach to take us to the playoffs next year.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My choices without a trade (Gasol or Amare):

#3-I'm on the fence with Conley,Horford, or Yi. The Hawks need to take the best player available regardless of position.

#11-If #3 is Conley, then someone like Noah or best player available. If #3 is Yi or Horford, then Law.

Quote:

Quote:

For the people wanting Yi ?? What position is he going to play. He's only going to take time away from Smoove and Marvin and they need all the time they can get to improve... Forget what he could do for business we would suck with him ....

I like Yi and think he's going to pass Marvin by and form a solid and versatile forward combo with Smith. I don't think you pass on someone who's going to be better than what you have, just because you have it. I think of it as looking to the future rather than trying to cover up past mistakes.

AMEN BROTHER !! munching_out.gif

1) Trade one or both picks + one young (Chill/Marvin/Shell depending on the deal) + filler for:

(in order of preference)

Dwight Howard

Gasol / PG (Calderon preferably)

Amare

2) Would pick Conley #3 if I could line up a deal with #11 + a player to get a young C in the league, like a Bynum or a Biedrins type.

3) If keeping picks, take the highest potential at #3 (Yi), and the best PG available at #11:

my draft PG ranking:

Conley

Crit

Law

In this scenario, I'm expecting a follow-up trade centered around one of our forwards (Smoove/Marvin/Childress/Shelden) for a center, probably to include Zaza when he gets to his contract year next year.

For the record, Horford comes in second to Yi, and I believe Horford turns out to be a solid starting power forward, somewhere in between Horace Grant and Okafor.

I am in favor of a trade.

If we keep the picks,

I want either Horford or Yi at #3. NOT CONLEY.

At #11, I prefer Crittenton over Law but both of those guys over RIDNOUR!!!

I will go one record as saying I think Yi is going to be a great player. Horford will also be good. Yi is riskier. Horford is probably who we SHOULD pick but I will be intrigued with Yi.

I've been reading this site for two years and didn't register until last week, but just in case I ever decide to regularly post, I suppose I should put my opinion out there to forever haunt me.

#3: Horford - I really wanted to say MC Jr. but couldn't because of the short drop off to:

#11: Law

I'm ready to go on the record with Horford at 3 and Stuckey at 11, assuming no trades.

Horford and Stuckey!

Horford and Stuckey!

Horford and Stuckey!

I'm almost willing to guarantee that this is the Hawks best-case scenario if you're goal is to fill our two biggest needs.

Quote:

Don't be fooled by Law or Critt just because they're name players.

Horford and Stuckey - that's something to get excited about.

Coming out of this draft with two top 11 picks without getting a point guard would be an unmitigated disaster.

1. Amare

2. Gasol

3. Horford & B. Wright

4. Horford & T. Young

5. Horford & Crit

6. Horford, & trade down for Splitter & Davis

7. Yi & B.Wright

8. Yi & ...

Draft at #11 on potential, and B. Wright and T. young have the most star potential. Crit has the most at PG. I just view Law like Sheldon, that he may be the most ready player today, but just doesn't have star potential. And Splitter wouldn't be coming here until 2008, when we don't have a pick. If we're too young already, then why do we want to get even younger?

Quote:

Quote:

For the people wanting Yi ?? What position is he going to play. He's only going to take time away from Smoove and Marvin and they need all the time they can get to improve... Forget what he could do for business we would suck with him ....

I like Yi and think he's going to pass Marvin by and form a solid and versatile forward combo with Smith. I don't think you pass on someone who's going to be better than what you have, just because you have it. I think of it as looking to the future rather than trying to cover up past mistakes. More solid than Smith and Horford, because in my opinion neither of them solves the center problem. So I'd go:

- Yi @ 3

- Conley @11 if he falls, otherwise any of the other PG's would be ok there.

No Yi is too soft, Yi does'nt solve the Center problem either. Just becaue he's 7 feet tall does'nt mean a thing.....

Quote:

Quote:

Don't be fooled by Law or Critt just because they're name players.

Horford and Stuckey - that's something to get excited about.

Coming out of this draft with two top 11 picks without getting a point guard would be an unmitigated disaster.

Right...that's why we take Stuckey and not Critt or Law.

Critt and Law are going to be disappointments in the NBA and they won't be able to help us for years. Stuckey can play the point just as well as either guy and is a better scorer and defender - he's also far faster than either guy, longer than either, has a higher standing reach than either guy, plus he's a better leaper than Law.

You go on record with your guys and I'll go on record with mine. But I strongly believe that Stuckey will be a better player than Law or Critt.

Quote:

I'm not disagreeing that Stuckey might be better. I'm saying he's not a point. I think he'd be a great backup SG though.

Stuckey is as much a PG as Law or Critt.

Law was considered a combo guard at best until his senior senior season - it's basically only this season that he has really been considered as an NBA prospect at PG.

And Critt has played PG all his life, but man...if you watched GT this year you know he's far away from being able to run an offense. He looked lost out there all the time.

And since Stuckey is significantly quicker than Critt and just as good a ballhandler, a see no reason why he won't be just as good as Critt in the NBA at the point - except he should also be a better defender and better scorer.

I used to want Law or Critt myself, but lately I feel like I've seen the light. Stuckey is the guy we need at 11 if we don't trade the pick.

I'd like to see at least one trade and a veteran brought in. If the Studemire deal isn't possible, I want Jose Calderon to run the point. I doubt the Amare trade happens but if Atlanta walks out of this draft with Calderon and a big who can play Center (Horford? Gasol?) I will be giddy...

With no trades...

Al Horford/Yi Jianlian

Acie Law

I can deal with Crit or Stuckey at 11, as well, but I just prefer Acie Law, because of his clutch shot and leadership.