• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Darn...> Knicks getting better.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Word is Isiah is mulling over a Lee trade for Artest. The only way I can see that happening is Lee/James for Artest.

If they do that:

Marbury/Artest/Jeffries/Randolph/Curry...

That's a scary big squad.

They better play some lock down defense because Curry is the only on that shoots a good percentage. It's like they would have a team full of "semi-stars" that haven't been known to be the most team oriented guys. If I were them I would not bring two guys with seriously troubled histories to New York (especially because Artest is from there).

Oh yeah. thats a good idea. Trade away the one guy on their team that plays hard for another head case.

Zach Randolph & Ron Artest on the same team. That will end well.

They do realize their is only one ball right?

Zach wants to be the man.

Artest wants to be the man.

Isiah told Eddy he was the man.

Marbury played last year like he was the man.

Quote:

Word is Isiah is mulling over a Lee trade for Artest. The only way I can see that happening is Lee/James for Artest.

If they do that:

If that trade goes through they will self destruct internally.

Honestly, I am not worried about the New York Knicks.

Trading Lee for Artest at this point in their careers is EXTREMELY risky. Ron is on his way out (and you never know what that dude is gonna do), and Lee is a crowd favorite (a true energy guy).

Plus, just watch Randolph try to match-up with Smoove and Curry with Horford. They may score a lot, but they'll get continually owned themselves too.

Quote:

If they do that:

Who are the Knick assistants?

Are Oakley and Mahorn on the staff?

The Knicks will make that division very very competative.

• Premium Member

I wouldn't say that.

Like it or not, Randolph is still a 20/10 player and a beast underneath.

Like it or not, Curry is a lot better than originally thought.

Like it or not, if they get Artest, Zeke may be able to control him now that he's a little older.

I figured when they got Zebo, Lee was on his way out. If they get Artest, you can't call it a bad trade. Artest is still a allstar-type player.

Quote:

Like it or not, Curry is a lot better than originally thought.

Curry is no different a player than he was in Chicago. He's just playing more minutes than he ever did because Isiah needs to justify what he gave up in the trade. Isiah apparently also doesn't mind that Curry is a sieve on defense and doesn't bother to jump for rebounds or pass the ball. Lets not even talk about his turnovers...

His per 40 numbers are identical to when he was in Chicago.

Isiah is running an NBA Live team, how has that worked out for him so far?

• Premium Member

The problem with per 40 numbers is that they are not real.

You tell me per 40 Curry is 30 pts, 20 rebounds..

Does that mean he's a 30 pt, 20 rebound guy?

No, that could mean that in 10 minutes per, he averaged 7.5 ppg, and 5 rebs.. That says nothing about what will happen in 20, 25 or 30 minutes. In fact, you might expect those numbers to drop with more time..

Quote:

The problem with per 40 numbers is that they are not real.

You tell me per 40 Curry is 30 pts, 20 rebounds..

Does that mean he's a 30 pt, 20 rebound guy?

No, that could mean that in 10 minutes per, he averaged 7.5 ppg, and 5 rebs.. That says nothing about what will happen in 20, 25 or 30 minutes.
In fact, you might expect those numbers to drop with more time..

Except that historically per 40 numbers are pretty reliable. Thats why most of the metrics used to measure player performance are based around 40.

Especially if you have 6 seasons worth of data to measure it against as you do with Curry. Over Curry's last 5 seasons his per 40 numbers haven't varied by more than 2.5pts and 1.5rebs all the while he played for 5 different coaches and two different teams and went from 20mins to 35 mins a game.

For the record, Curry is a 22 & 8 per 40 guy. Not exactly mind blowing, especially when you factor in the non-existent defense.

• Premium Member

I will give you that they're crazy.

However, if all you have to give up is Lee and you lose James... You got to do the deal... Crazy is what NY is about anyway.

If he does get Artest, depending on where he plays him, NY will be the most physical team in the game.

Quote:

I will give you that they're crazy.

However, if all you have to give up is Lee and you lose James... You got to do the deal... Crazy is what NY is about anyway.

If he does get Artest, depending on where he plays him, NY will be the most physical team in the game.

On offense - sure.

On defense? They'll be Artest (very good) & the 4 sieves.

How good are Marbury, Crawford, Randolph, & Curry on defense. I'd say pretty piss poor.

Quote:

I also think Jeffries will step in and add some defense and maybe Sf starter making Artest SG...

Shouldn't a SG be able to - shoot?

For the Knicks it wouldn't be a bad idea - they are going to run the offense through Zach and Curry.

Although the last time Artest played with a dominant low post presence he had a hard time deferring (anyone remember what happened in Indiana?)