• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What if Horford is better than Smoove . .?

TheNorthCydeRises

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

WTF,no need for the foul language guy....Lol.We're not face to face so i'll just laugh it off!
tongue.gif

haha wow dude... no need to be so sensitive.

I know what you mean though. I dont really trust BK all that much too. So it is nerve-racking. But, at the same time, we shouldn't rush the process. Contract negotiations and cap management is a subtle, yet supremely important, job of the GM that the average fan doesn't realize.

The funny thing is, I agree with most of what you say, I just know that for most GM's, in situations like this, it takes a little more prudence than what you're advocating (and a lack of prudence can REALLY bite you in the ass). You seem to be highly argumentative. Do what you gotta do man. Im headed out of the country for a couple weeks.

Thanks for the info on AK-47 northcyde! Im sure Smoove's agents are bringing his contract up in negotations! Gerald Wallace's too!

Anyways, peace yall!

This is JMHO but I have a feeling (since JS has improved every year) that he will be better this next year again. How that translates into victories - I'm not sure with Woody coaching. But JS will be offered a max contract as a restricted free agent by a team that can. I would bet my twocents.gif on that.

Quote:

...Thanks for pointing that out.We need more english teachers on blogs....Lol!
uglyhammer.gif

Agreed, lol...I'm no English teacher (but I could beat the hell out of most of you in math).

Minor mistakes in spelling (as long as the point gets across) are nothing. You wanna show off - join Mensa. tongue.gif

Quote:

Im headed out of the country for a couple weeks.

Be safe in your travels!

Quote:

You seem to be highly argumentative.

Nah i'm just like this when I am passionate about a subject.In my opinion this whole rebuilding process is worthless if a player like Smoove can develop like he has and he is gone after his rookie contract.Especially since he has outplayed higher draft choices than himself.Don't get me wrong though cause I would love to sign him to a reasonable deal.Does anyone think he would accept less money to make sure the team can re sign J-chill?When I say less money I mean 10 mill over 5 years.

Quote:

...Does anyone think he would accept less money to make sure the team can re sign J-chill?When I say less money I mean 10 mill over 5 years.

Nope...at least I don't. JS has been working hard in the offseason. He wants to win. As I've mentioned before JS was basically taking over games in the paint LAST year. Other teams have noticed and they also realize that his hops are probably only top-notch for another 4-5 years or so. Somebody will pay and he will get maxed.

Of course we can match but either way - after this season (barring injury - knock on wood) he will get maxed. IMO detective.gif

Well... They are both great athletes with huge upside. The fact of the matter is that Al is something between 4 and 5, while Smith is in between 3 and 4. In todays basketball we don't have clear lines between positions like some time ago, and we have to look at the picture in a different way, because the game is also being played at a different level and speed... So it will come down to what kind of basketball Hawks chose to play... If they indeed play faster, more dynamic type of B-ball, Al can play 5 and Smoove can play 4. In a half-court sets they can play 4 and 3, together with Zaza or Shelden... Anyway, those will be sweet problems to have, because Al and Smoove will create hell for opponents on both sides of the court... and finally, I realy believe that they can coexist and play successfuly together!

This could happen, and would in reality be a nice problem for the Hawks to have, but the chances of it actually being the case are remote. Remember, Smoove is the same age as Horford and is still improving himself. Also, Woody has held back rookie draft picks in the past - evidence the fact that no Hawks rookie has had a standout season during the BK/Woody reign.

I really have to think that Woody and BK are going to be under alot of pressure to actually win some games this year and that means Woody is more likely to go with a 4th year veteran over a rookie. But, great play by a Horford would be awesome.