• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons @ Titans

BigDirty

Is the offense trying to lose this game on purpose? The defense gives them chance after chance after chance, but they always blow it.

It would be so nice if the O and the D show up in the same game. frown.gif

But as pathetic as the offense has been, with 2:27 remaining we still have a chance to win the game so GO FALCONS!

OMG you have got to be kidding me. First Dunn nearly comes into the endzone. Then they lose 5-6 yards. Then Leftwich has a wide open lane to run it in, but instead he throws an incomplete pass. Then on 4th Leftwich gets sacked with one hand. Why does this team keep finding ways to blow? I guess next game the offense will be stellar but the defense will give up 200 running and 300 passing yards.

I think Gandy might be done for the season.

Offtopic: I like how US fans applaud when a player of the other team is carried out, in Europe they would have most likely booed the hell out of him. wink.gif

Trey Lewis and Grady Jackson played well together. The falcons don't have a leader at the QB position to lead this team to many victories. The O-line should be embarrassed about thier performance today. Why doesn't Petrino put a tight end or chip with Dunn to help Foster on fourth down? Demarrio Williams made some nice plays using his speed today. I can't help but wonder who will be the falcons QB of the future. I still say Dennis Dixon!

Im very disappointed. Titans were the better team on the field today, but we made more BIG PLAYS and kept the game close. The defense did its job at the end, but the offense was horrible.

The O-LINE cant create any holes for our RBs and keep getting pushed back. The O-LINE isint giving either QBs enough time to throw the ball.

W/ 1 yard to go, i thought it would have been an easy TD.

I was at the game and it wasn't much better in person. I was wondering the whole time why they wouldn't let Ovie run at least a little. The O- did seem to fight a little harder once Harrington was pulled. I may be wrong but they don't seem to have much confidence in him. I know I lost what little I had in him based on his earlier performances, after what he did today. He didn't try to make anything happen and made himself an easy target. It wasn't all on the O-line. hairpulling.gif

• Moderators

Quote:

They should let Norwood or
Mugehelli
ran it.

Why did we pay this guy phenomenal money for a FB if we aren't going to run it with him on short yardage downs?

Generally, we still have a LOT of work to do on our OL. That is going to be a problem for years to come.

Quote:

I was at the game and it wasn't much better in person. I was wondering the whole time why they wouldn't let Ovie run at least a little. The O- did seem to fight a little harder once Harrington was pulled. I may be wrong but they don't seem to have much confidence in him. I know I lost what little I had in him based on his earlier performances, after what he did today. He didn't try to make anything happen and made himself an easy target. It wasn't all on the O-line.
hairpulling.gif

I would have to look at the coaches angle. Did he miss open receivers? He definitely made some poor throws. I know Byron did on the goal line. I think it was third down and he did not even look left. Jenkins I think, from what I could see, was clearly wide open. He is rusty. He lacked basic pocket presence, which used to be his best quality.

The real issue for us is coaching. I thought this guy would be better. Putting Byron in was beyond stupid. He's obviously not ready. Which shows he really may not get what it takes to win games consistently. Harrington has played quality football the last few weeks and deserved to stay in this game. If you want to make a move next week then fine. Making it at that point made Petrino, Leftwich and Harrington look bad. I want Byron to be the guy for us. Just not in the middle of a tight game when he is clearly rusty and has limited knowledge of the playbook and his team.

When Gandy went out and we had like ten minutes to get ready for fourth down... Vanden Bosch had been killing us and we had Dunn lined up on the right side. russian.gif Absolutely effing stupid. Was he thinking our free agent rookie tackle would need no help against their best end? It's laughable if you aren't a Falcons fan. We lost with five, count em' five turnovers on defense! We also had two big returns and a muffed punt attempt forced. Where is this brilliant play calling? Where is this going? He has no idea how to run the football. How many runs this year has Warrick had to dodge as he was getting the ball? This same line has been able to run the ball for years. Petrino it seems, can't adapt. He's taken something that worked and totally destroyed it. We had no business losing this game.

Blank has made another move that will put this franchise back for at least 3 more years. Petrino gets this year with the whole Vick thing, next year with slight improvement, and then he's on the hot seat. That's three more years when the answer is clear now.

Losing the game isn't half of it. Crumplet speaking out after the Hall fiasco. They've got a major problem in the locker room. 680 the fan talked about how Mora was a players coach and now Patrino is a hard nosed guy. It's pretty bad when it gets this ugly so early in the season.

• Premium Member

The offensive line was kinda built for running.

You need bigger guys if you plan to pass protect...

Makes you wonder why we went out and got a coach who was known for Fun and GUN...

Bring Jerry Glanville back and at least that way we'd have a great defense!!!

Quote:

Makes you wonder why we went out and got a coach who was known for Fun and GUN...

Falcons management expected to have Vick and they thought Petrino and his play calling could help Vick improve as a passer. Imagine Vick completing 60% of his passes. That would have a made our offense unstoppable. FYI We led the league in rushing last year which would also help explain that they run block much better than they pass block...

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Falcons management expected to have Vick and they thought Petrino and his play calling could help Vick improve as a passer. Imagine Vick completing 60% of his passes. That would have a made our offense unstoppable. FYI We led the league in rushing last year which would also help explain that they run block much better than they pass block...

Our OL can cut block. They can't man up and open up running lanes like in a conventional offense. This OL line was put togeter on the cheap using the Denver cut blocking system. It can be effective but the personnel used to run it are not well suited for a power running system like Petrino runs and is trying implement in Atlanta.

Quote:

Our OL can cut block. They can't man up and open up running lanes like in a conventional offense. This OL line was put togeter on the cheap using the Denver cut blocking system. It can be effective but the personnel used to run it are not well suited for a power running system like Petrino runs and is trying implement in Atlanta.

Good info. I do think Petrino can be effective but we are hurting talent wise on the OLine and obviously at the QB position. Though Harrington has done a lot better than what I would have given him at the start of the season...

FYI, All the major sports networks are ranting and raving about Jason Campbell of the Skins; up until this past game, Harrington had a better QB rating than him and Drew Brees. Crazy year isn't it?