• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woodson has to trust Acie over Lue!

HAWKS1986

Lue has had his chances to lead this team the past two years, and he just isn't good enough to take this team to another level.

Acie is young, but if he makes a youthful mistake then so be it. I saw Hortford out there during crunch time, and I would like to see Acie be more involved in the fourth quarter.

Lue makes a good play or two, but there are too many other negatives with him that nullifies his apparent positives.

exactly.

why draft a PG to address our need for a PG if we are not going to play the said point guard in the 4th quarter and allow him to develop and learn and grow into the player he can become?

T. Lue had his chance the past two years to be a PG here...Coach needs to be smart enough to know that...

in the long run...if we want to be better than the past two years...we need to let Law start and play heavy minutes.

Lue is good used in certain situations, but not when you want a good fundamental ball-sharing offense...

I think people keep forgeting that Law has a wrist injury that he is working through and that he has a history of wrist problems and is seeing limited minutes. Of course he is needed more now but I think they want to bring him along slowly. With all our current problems we are still competing. We only lost by one to an Eastern favorite team and we beat a Western favorite the other night.

I was at the scrimmage last week at Woodward Academy and saw how Law had a ton of ice taped around his wrist and was kept out of the action to save him. Only Lue and Salim guided the divided up teams as point guards. I think we're going to have to have patience. This is a long season.

I agree.

If this team is to improve this year, Acie Law has to be a big part of that. At some point, Mike is going to have to trust Acie Law enough to have him on the floor to finish games. He's the only point guard that is active on the team right now that can get to the basket whenever he wants to, and he's the only point guard that gives us that along with good defensive play.

Ty Lue definitely has a role on this team, but he gives neither quality I mentioned above. Ty is a good guy to have coming in off the bench to give you some instant offense by hitting some jump shots and basically calming the team down at times, but when it is crunch time and this team needs a shot created or a key stop, Ty is not the guy to have on the floor. At some point, Acie Law has to be that guy.

Quote:

Lue has had his chances to lead this team the past two years, and he just isn't good enough to take this team to another level.

Acie is young, but if he makes a youthful mistake then so be it. I saw Hortford out there during crunch time, and I would like to see Acie be more involved in the fourth quarter.

Lue makes a good play or two, but there are too many other negatives with him that nullifies his apparent positives.

You have to force Woodson for him to make good moves. He put Horford in the 4th because he has to; If Zaza is healthy, I'd bet Zaza would be in the 4th instead of Horford.

I cannot agree more. In the same breath I am not ready to cast stones at Woody yet. Law has only played in 2 games but I do agree it is time to throw Law into the fire. That is a great compliment to Law. Not many PGs could handle it.

The Piston games shows why.

Lue comes in the game in the 4th quarter. No plays are run and ball movements stops. Lue bounces away the first 20 seconds of the clock before he hoist up another shot. I have seen that movie before. Lue is a fiesty little guy but I don't want to play basketball the way he plays it. He plays like Stephon Marbury, and NO, that is not a compliment.

Law is the superior defender, a better scorer, and is better at getting us into plays and moving the ball around compared to Lue.

Law had a wild turnover with about 8 minutes to go in the game. That caused Woddy to yank Law and put in Lue. Have a liitle faith in Law, coach Woody. He is a rookie and will have growing pains but he is much more capable then is Lue.

Next game Law needs to be steady enough that Woody has no choice but keep him in the game.

• Premium Member

I think the thing about Lue is that while we were playing for nothing, Lue hit big shots at the end of games. I think that's imprinted on Woody's mind.

However, Lue shouldn't be on the floor against the likes of Chauncey Billups. Billups abused him over and over again!

Lue just brings our offense to a screeching halt and Woodson somehow misses it. Lue is a good second team PG but he should not be on the floor in crunch time because the execution gets screwed up with all the dribbling.

You need ball movement to win the close games. I'm sick of watching Lue dribble the shot clock down and then us taking a bad shot.

Why doesn't Woodson see this?

Quote:

FYI - ACIE'S ONLY PLAYED 2 GAMES IN THE NBA AND HAS A BUM WRIST

Let's keep our eyes on the big picture folks!

• Moderators

I think Woodson sees Acie turning the ball over under pressure in the fourth and goes to someone who won't. Lue didn't look great but fault some of the other guys. Marvin, Smoove, Chill, Horford, Sheldon. They have to do something with the ball when they get it in the 4th rather than just desperately looking for JJ or chucking a long jumper.

Still we're playing well. A little more experience with this type of game will really help. A little more respect from the refs will help too, but I ain't holding my breath.

Quote:

I don't believe that either PG was helping us much in the 4th quarter last night.

Lue kills the offense by dominating the ball, but Acie kept turning the ball over in the 4th.

Acie started the 4th, but he had to be yanked after those TOs. Woody had no choice there.

Look at Acie's +11 when he was on the floor. Look at our -12 when he was out of the floor. Law needed to settle down when they were going full court and once he slipped. Couple of his turnovers went through the hands of our other players, and Law got the official TO that he didn't deserve. He could have shut down the best post up player in the league - "Hayes". In my humble opinion Law is ready to start and play 30+ minutes right now. He should also demand the ball from Smith before he crosses half court. I can't wait to see "Lue to Smith for a rim rattling thunderous dunk".

Quote:

Acie had 9 points in his first few minutes on the floor and then Woody sits him for almost an entire quarter.

Acie is ready for all wolves. Let him learn on the fly. Maximize Law and Horford's minutes NOW. Both of them got all-star potential and all-star brain.

The Pistons fans are saying that Law got "IT".

The more concerning aspect of the game last night is the fact that the Hawks allowed the Pistons to score 35 points in the 4th quarter of the game. The game was in hand. The Hawks defense had just held the Pistons to 15 points in the 3rd quarter, so we no the capability is there. That late game defense has to be tightened though, because that is the biggest reason the Hawks lost. Now, the 4th quarter defense may have been a result of the substitutions in that quarter.

Quote:

I don't believe that either PG was helping us much in the 4th quarter last night.

Lue kills the offense by dominating the ball, but Acie kept turning the ball over in the 4th.

Acie started the 4th, but he had to be yanked after those TOs. Woody had no choice there.

Let Acie sit for two minutes to collect himself and get some instruction, but he needs to be out there from seven minute mark of the fourth quarter.

Acie is high risk, high reward at this formative stage of his career, but Lue's inconsistent play and ball-hogging is a known quantity.