• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Golden State offer...continued....

warcore

I am one that is against trading smoove for biedrins straight up. Smoove has superstar potential, but he also has dumb dumb potential (not playing team ball b/c his contract year).

How would you guys feel about a Smoove/Salim for Biedrins/Bellineli? (3 pt shooting is a major weakness for us)

Thoughts?

I know we have had injuries but the hawks are going to continue to tread water unless they make a move. Zaza is giving us nothing from the 5 hole.

Soth do you get the feeling that the hawks want to make some sort of change to shake things up?

I think the hawks are smart to keep tabs on gasol and bierdens cause clearly they know what alot of us know right now. ATL needs to get more help/production out of the 5.

• Premium Member

I think they are scared to move a "franchise" face like Smoove without getting an easily recognizable (but affordable) face back in return. Biedrins is also due for his own contract so they may feel it would be trading one contract problem with another.

Quote:

I think they are scared to move a "franchise" face like Smoove without getting an easily recognizable (but affordable) face back in return. Biedrins is also due for his own contract so they may feel it would be trading one contract problem with another.

I can understand those concerns, but man...Josh Smith just isn't fun to watch anymore. And we're not winning. And it's not like people are turning up in droves to watch the Hawks right now. So I personally wish they would do something to help the team win - like getting Biedrins...or Gasol or Calderon or somebody.

Im getting to that point to where its really frustrating to watch him too. Almost like watching Vick for the falcons, got all the talent in the world but he still made the same mistakes game after game and year after year.

Soth it might be tough sleading to find someone thats not in a contract year and someone that is somewhat recognizable. I dont know how likely it would be to put together a 'big' deal this early in the season.

I think the thing that validates all this talk is the fact that Joe came out and said he needs help. He didnt name any names but the hawks are in a position where the way they are playing now they arent gonna make the playoffs. And they have no first rounder next year.

Im wondering if Biedrins is what Joe meant by veteran help, lol. I dont think it is so I dont know if a deal like that makes him happy. Not the making Joe happy is do or die but it would be nice if our 1 legit all star feels WE ACTUALLY WANT TO WIN. Then again just getting Smoove off this team may make Joe and everyone else happy.

• Premium Member

I think absolutely not.

Biedrins is soft.

I think we're in a rush to make a bad trade here. Let's just wait. It was one bad game against the world champs. If we can get a look at this team under different coaching I say let's do that.. but just moving players just to do something or because they have bad games... is silly.

• Premium Member

Joe was talking about the Amare/Gasol/Calderon deals that were discussed around the draft but never went down. Joe is still unhappy and wants them to make a trade to bring a legit veteran star here to play with him.

I honestly can't see it happening. I think the Hawks will play a shell game with Smoove and will run the risk of losing him for nothing as a RFA.

I wouldn't include Salim because he has value for us and they wouldn't be giving us a future first so they would have to take AJ or Lo or somebody else that is completely useless and overpaid for us but I would absolutely do that deal to get Bellineli. I have yet to see him play in a regular season game but the kid looked amazing in his foreign clips and in the pre-season. He definitely has a Manu type of feel to him.

• Premium Member

Quote:

From what I heard it was Lue and
Marvin
who actually talked to Joe about not letting his emotions about the team bleed onto the court and affect his actual game. You haven't seen him visibly pout or sulk during games since then.

If true, it's no wonder why the Hawks' brass like him.

And Tyronn Lue must be the real "smoove" on this team. I have "Lue" envy. uglyhammer.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

The Hawks brass are probably more higher on Marvin than any young player on the team except for possibly Horford.

Sekou pointed out a brief lull in the game when Duncan and Horford were chatting up. It's a "winner" thing, I guess.

Quote:

Lue is a good vet to have a team just IMO as a 3rd string PG not as one getting real minutes.

Or just to be cool. (If he can be cool, so can I).