• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Those who were at the Game

DJlaysitup

• Moderators

Quote:

Uh...there was some booing, plenty of "grab a damn rebound", a lot of "What the...?" (mostly from me), and a few "Fire Woody"'s tossed in there. At least in Section 122...

About the same in section 108.

Lord, whatever Woody is doing at halftime he needs to change that routine. This team comes out of half-time listless and unfocused game after game.

Thats the same thing I was saying in 119. The Hawks are painful to watch at times. They really moved the ball well and played good defense in the first half. The T-Wolves are a terrible shooting team. The could be the only team worst than us at shooting.

In the second half the ball movement stopped. We got lazy on defense, and we didn't box out. I don't know if the T-Wolves hit a jumper the whole 2nd half. They scored all their points on put backs, layups, and dunks. It was painful to watch.

When JJ hit that shot the crowd went nutz. The game was pretty boring for long stretches because of the lack of ball movement.

For anyone at the game the best player I saw on the court was at halftime. The little kids play. The kid wearing #12 for the white team was a baller. He may be better than AJ now. laugh.gif Those little kids sure are exciting. It's ashame they have better ball movement than the hawks.

I had a good time in section 122. I was sitting near Yardbird, aznsensation, and JDawgflow. We had a good time cheering and talking about the Hawks. It was nice to have people to talk basketball with, I'm so used to going by myself.

Thank goodness we won though. I was pretty upset for a couple minutes there when we weren't getting any rebounds and kept turning the ball over.

We didn't lose faith though, and I think our "D-Fence" chants in the fourth quarter really turned the tide of the game.

I had #12 with 8 points and 4 assists in only 8 minutes of play. The kid pushed the ball on the fast break and never overdribbled, moving the ball up the floor by passing, often with no dribbles.

The only thing that slowed him down was #2, obviously the coach's son and designated midget point guard. He called for the ball, dribble into traps and steals or forced one on three jump shots up . . . wait, can anyone confirm Salim was actually in the lockerroom at halftime ???!!??

i was in 122 yapping my head off...

i don't know who was around me but... it was fun

i said a line like "i though we were going to run more"

and then i complained more and more about how the hawk offense is nonexistent and that we don't really need a PG to play alongside joe coz apparently all a pg does it dribble the ball up the court and hand it off to someone...

Yea I was really impressed with the two little kids teams today. I went to the Phoenix game and the kids didn't score a point the whole game. It's always fun to watch though.

That little PG #2 was hilarious. The ball was bigger than his body. #3 was pretty good for the white team too. He hit a couple of long range jumpers.

Good stuff on Salim smileyrainbow.gif

1) Phillps was no where close to having a great crowd there were empty seats for miles. Someone needs to get on the marketing line and get those seats filled of course it was the Timberwolves

2 I know this point is a dead horse but I'll continue you to beat it, Smooth must look to drive before shooting point blank.

3 Woodson's biggest problem is substitutions,in the 3rd quarter we had AJ starting, Acie should have started for several reasons.One he's the future Pg,two he can penetrate something AJ did in the 80's. Woodson waited until the game was way to close then put Acie in. And not using the energetic bench, was not beneficial,

4 Marvin looked great driving it to the hole,this allowed them to put them over the foul limit and stop clock, but Woodson waits way to late to have these epiphanies and thats our biggest problem,. uglyhammer.gif

Quote:

oken are you the asian dude who was sitting to my left? i was with my little lady friend. you were a trip the whole game.

yea that was him. When I watch games with him, sometimes I gotta tell that fool to shut up haha.. but he is an awesome fan.

Ken, next game we gotta sit together.. who did you bring to the game anyways?

oh yeah... that was me...

i hope i didn't piss anyone off around me.

i kind of like how i was yelling and then after everything i yelled i got a boo outta u too!

and i really wonder if woodson could hear me because philips was sooooo ridiculously quiet...

i think there was one time during the 3rd quarter when i was like...

WOODSON GET UP COACH WITH SOME PASSION YELL OR SOMETHING DO SOMETHING! GET UP WOODY!

and then he got up out of his chair...

i was laughing hahahaha

Was fun meeting some of you guys last night. Went with "coachx" and sat in Sect 111 for the 1st half and then we moved to around sect 115 for the 2nd half.

Great ending to the game! JJ with a CLUTCH jumper right before the buzzer, with a hand in his face....NOITHING BUT NET!!!! Crowd goes crazy...everyone goes home happy smile.gif

Now about that 3rd quarter...Why can't Woody pick up on things before it's too late. The crowd was booing and yelling "TIMEOUT" while MINN was gaining momentum and we were standing around watching them get rebound after rebound and no offensive movement whatsover. At that point...call timeout and put guys in that will hustle DAMMIT! This guy just doesn't have a clue. We have a young team and someone needs to light a fire under their asses from time to time.

Anyway, was a great win and a "win is a win". Also, I got to see my mug up on the big screen as I was the "lucky fan" they chose in the 4th quarter and i won a mp3 player! Pretty cool. Did any of you other guys that were there see me on the screen? I had on a red hawks hat and a Horford blue jersey. Thanks again Russ (xcoach). Really enjoyed the game and was cool that so many Hawksqwakers were there.

Quote:

Was fun meeting some of you guys last night. Went with "coachx" and sat in Sect 111 for the 1st half and then we moved to around sect 115 for the 2nd half.

Great ending to the game! JJ with a CLUTCH jumper right before the buzzer, with a hand in his face....NOITHING BUT NET!!!! Crowd goes crazy...everyone goes home happy
smile.gif

Now about that 3rd quarter...Why can't Woody pick up on things before it's too late. The crowd was booing and yelling "TIMEOUT" while MINN was gaining momentum and we were standing around watching them get rebound after rebound and no offensive movement whatsover. At that point...call timeout and put guys in that will hustle DAMMIT! This guy just doesn't have a clue. We have a young team and someone needs to light a fire under their asses from time to time.

Anyway, was a great win and a "win is a win". Also, I got to see my mug up on the big screen as I was the "lucky fan" they chose in the 4th quarter and i won a mp3 player! Pretty cool. Did any of you other guys that were there see me on the screen? I had on a red hawks hat and a Horford blue jersey. Thanks again Russ (xcoach). Really enjoyed the game and was cool that so many Hawksqwakers were there.

Good to meet all of yall as well. I am still trying to figure out who Craig Smith is.