• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sixers clear some cap space..

AtLaS

http://www.nba.com/nba_news/Sixers_Trade_K...-250393-32.html

So much for all of those people "not worried" about a team clearing cap space. I knew it would happen, and they still haven't traded Miller. After Philly trades Miller they will have about 18 million in cap space. ATL Spirit better be ready to pay this offseason.

I would definitely trade Zaza for Korver. However i would trade Zaza for a box of Krispy Kreme's at this point.

It was expected before the season that the Sixers were going to look to dump salary to make a move on free agents. The question was whether any OTHER team would look to clear space which i am sure Atlas forgot about completely, as he does so frequently.

The Sixers look to be the only team who will probably have space (assuming they trade Miller) to make a major move for a free agent.

Quote:

Correct me if I am wrong. But, doesn't draft picks take up cap space?

It depends - lotsa options on draft picks (although we wouldn't know that with BK always taking the sportswriter option).

This could be relatively serious. Philly could throw out a max-type offer. It's poker boys and girls - you raise and see what the other fella does. We already half p!ssed off JS by not doing an extension. Hmmmmmmmmm. detective.gif

Quote:

So where are all the quotes from people who said Philly wouldn't be looking to clear space?

if there are so many you should have no problem finding one.

*crickets*

I'm not going to waste 30 minutes searching threads, because it really doesn't matter that much to me. That's fine if you aren't worried that Philly cleared cap space, I am.

Regardless, I didn't call out anyone in particular in this thread, and you have me on ignore. Isn't that quite hypocritical that you are starting an argument with ME?

If you are going to block me then block me, if not, then let's just stop arguing because it wastes time and it's annoying as hell.

Honestly, we should be so lucky as to only have to worry about one team with cap space.

A trade of Miller will mean increased minutes for Louis Williams, which will only drive his value up. Philly has extensions for he and Iguodala to come up next summer.

...and as we've gone over before, Josh & Josh aren't the only prizes of the 2008 FA class. Deng, Gordon, Okafor, Calderon, Arenas, etc. will all be out there.

Quote:

Honestly, we should be so lucky as to only have to worry about one team with cap space.

Yeah I know, I'm hoping someone else doesn't also clear space, but it's definitely possible.

Quote:

A trade of Miller will mean increased minutes for Louis Williams, which will only drive his value up. Philly has extensions for he and Iguodala to come up next summer.

Because teams can go over the cap to resign their own players, they could go after Josh (or another FA) and then resign Iggy/Louis afterwards. I'm pretty sure they can do that. Philly's owner has deep pockets so that shouldn't be a problem for them.

Quote:

and as we've gone over before, Josh & Josh aren't the only prizes of the 2008 FA class. Deng, Gordon, Okafor, Calderon, Arenas, etc. will all be out there.

This is very positive with our chances of Smith. But I'm still scared of Philly (going after Smith) because they have a very young and athletic team, and Smith would fit PERFECTLY. He still has great upside, and no injury history. If it weren't for injuries they'd probably go for Okafor, but other than that I don't know. I do think Brand will also be an FA after next season though, so that should also help.

I have an idea for a couple of threads you could start.

"i told you guys that the Hawks wouldn't be in last place in January"

of course nobody said they would be in last place. But that doesn't matter to you obviously. You could just pretend everyone said it and then say you dont feel like finding the quotes.

Another thread idea...

" I told you guys the sun would rise in the east"

And of course you would be right but you aren't telling us anything we didn't expect, just like this thread. It was expected that that Philly would clear space yet you act like nobody thought it would happen.

Quote:

You could just pretend everyone said it and then say you dont feel like finding the quotes.

Actually it's because it takes forever to find specific quotes, and it's not worth it to go searching for something to prove to someone named exodus over the internet so I can gain "e-punk points" or whatever. Obviously that's what you like to do, I don't.

Quote:

Actually it's because it takes forever to find specific quotes

It does take forever to find quotes that don't exist. It is very easy to find quotes that do exist.

It took 10 seconds to find the thread where this topic was discussed right before the season.

It was made very clear in that thread that Philly was very likely to clear space (nobody disagreed) which completely punks this thead.