• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Halfway Point Report Card

JackB1

Horford - B has done almost everything asked of him playing at undersized #5. needs to be more part of the offense. rebounding monster. averaging a double/double.

Smoove - B+ playing much smarter now. the heart and soul of this team. fantasy stat monster.

Marvin - B- improving, but needs to stop disappearing at times and needs to take more shots and develop better driving skills.

JJ - C+ Worst shooting percentages of his career. Needs to stop taking fadeaways and driving more. Not an ALLSTAR this year.

AJ - B Much needed smart PG play. Filling in admirably in the wake of Acie's slow moving development

Chills - C Inconsistent and needs a running game to be successful. Not good in a half court game. Versatile bench player, but small frame size for a "tweener".

Acie - C Rookie lacks confidence and needs to hit the jumper more. Not yet ready to run the team and questionable whether he will be the team's answer at PG. SHows good skills and quickness at times, but needs to finnish more and be more assertive. Needs more time to develop.

Zaza - D Doesn't recognize his own abilities/limitations. Horrible defense and rebounding for a 7 footer. Should remain on bench as long as possible.

Sheldon - D+ Big disappointment from prior year's high draft pick. Shows good shooting touch at times, but lacks low post game and rebounding skills needed. Must develop more all around big man skills.

Salim - D+ role player needs to hit 3 pointers when called upon. limited skills and size hurt potential.

Lorenzo - C Has been decent backup C when called upon. Would like to see more. Biggest bulk/size on team at the #5. Not much offense, but if defense improves could be valuable backup.

Solomon - C+ Needs to show better blocking skills in order to make better use of his length. Still very green. Needs more time to develop. Not yet ready.

Speedy - (incomplete)

Woodson - F Teams lacks direction, motivation and desire to win. Unable to recognize and use player's strengths. Team will not improve with Woodson in charge.

Quote:

Horford - B has done almost everything asked of him playing at undersized #5. needs to be more part of the offense. rebounding monster. averaging a double/double.

Actually he is averaging a double single and when he goes up against a good scorer he generally gets lit up or winds up in foul trouble.

He is a good rebounder but hasn't shown much else.

Quote:

If he stays out of foul trouble and gets a real coach, he'll be averaging 15 points in no time.

LOL it is funny how people can project nearly a 70% jump in scoring so easily.

Horford has shown no skills off the dribble at all. When he dribbles he reminds me of Deke. He is shooting poorly from the foul line and is turning it over a lot considering his limited scoring attempts.

he is going to have to learn to score off the dribble before he can even approach 15 ppg.

It is not that Horford gets in foul trouble as much as Woodson has no idea how to manage him. Horford rightfully is taken out at the end of close games bc he is a foul shooting liability but because that is the case, horford should learn to play with his fouls. if he fouls out. ok.

instead, woody yanks him in and out. sits him for long periods. woody plays him like horford only gets five fouls a game.

i may be wrong on this but i don't think big al has fouled out of a game this year.

For a rookie to be a point away from a double double is certainly worthy of "B."

He isnt that far away from avr a double double. He is playing center and holding his own. He does get into early foul trouble vs players alot of bigs get into early foul trouble guarding. I agree with his grade because he is a rookie and its tough in this league being a rookie big man. He has alot of learning and developing left to do. Now in 2 or 3 years if he is the same player and doesnt improve than maybe you drop him to a C, LOL.

Quote:

LOL. . of course, Woody gets the F. It just kills the Squawk to be objective at all times i see.

North, I'm not sure if it's occured to you that since 98% of Hawks fans on this board think Woodson is a huge problem and a terrible coach...did you ever stop and think that maybe there is merit to it?

Are people in the huge majority who disagree with you really not objective? Or, is it possible that the one in this discussion who has lost objectivity is you?

Just a thought.

Quote:

I think the worse you can give JJ is a B-. HE HAS BEEN HURT and still getting a ton of minutes because if he leaves the game we usually fall apart. I just dont see how Solo and JJ got the same grade.

The grade is based on each player's expectations...not comparing them to each other. Of course JJ is more valuable than Solo. It's not a ranking of all our players...it's a personal grade on what is expected of them.

I'll play. Note: grades are relative to that player's skills. We all know JJ is by far the best player on our roster, that Acie would likely be playing better with regular PT etc...

Horford - B+

Smoove - B

Marvin - B-

JJ - B-

AJ - B

Chills - B

Acie - B-

Zaza - D

Shelden - C

Salim - C

Lorenzen - B-

Solomon - C

Woodson - F

Ginger - A+

• Premium Member

Quote:

I'd go:

AJ B-

JJ B-

Marvin B

Smoove B

Horford B

Acie C

Chillz B

Zaza C-

Shelden C-

Lorenzen C

Solo C+

Salim C

Woody C-

Dance Team B-

Harry/Sky Hawks A

Ryan Cameron A

Mike King A

Smitty B+

Ryan Cameron gets an A and Smitty only gets a B+?? WTH?

Quote:

Agreed. Smitty gets an A+.

When you have NBA league pass you get to hear all of the opposing teams announcers and analysts. Some of the color guys are just terrible. Many are former players but they just suck.

Smitty is not the most charasmatic guy but his game analysis is the best I have heard from the team announcers. He comes up with some great insight at times and goes places some of these other guys never go.

I agree with the A+ for Smitty, he is extremely good at what he does and breaking down the game.

Quote:

North, I'm not sure if it's occured to you that since 98% of Hawks fans on this board think Woodson is a huge problem and a terrible coach...did you ever stop and think that maybe there is merit to it?

Are people in the huge majority who disagree with you really not objective? Or, is it possible that the one in this discussion who has lost objectivity is you?

Just a thought.

Pete, all I said that giving Woody an F is not being objective. And it's not. And I think you know that, but don't want to admit it. I refuse to be so emotionally scorned as a fan, that I can't look at something objectively. Most of you hate Woody, so it skews your thought process.

Woody deserves a C or C-. That's an appropriate grade for him this season.

LOL . . almost everyone on this board predicted the Hawks to finish somewhere between 35 - 42 wins. Yet, when we're on that exact pace as a team, he gets an F? LOL @ that.

The same people placing all of the blame on Woody for this losing stretch, are the very same ones that DIDN'T give him credit when the Hawks won 12 of 17 games in Nov and Dec. Talking about how the players were winning in spite of Woody.

GTFOH !!!

You win as a team and you lose as a team. But if you're going to give the players most of the credit for winning, you damn well better place blame on them when they lose. And vice versa.

My bad . . Woody is to blame for

- JJ's erratic shooting

- Not getting JJ rest, even though everything breaks down when he's not in the game

- Shelden playing with 10x less intensity than his future wife

- Speedy being hurt . . again

- Lue still pounding the ball and having no defensive awareness

- Zaza crying for PT when he was shootng 35% FG

- AJ not being able to play like a legit PG every night

- Ish, AJ having to play at all, seeing how Speedy, Law, ad Lue were ahead of him on the depth chart before preseason started.

- Salim supposedy being the "hired gun", but plays more like the "hired slingshot", with all those rocks he throws at the rim

- Horford not being able to guard or score on elite frontline players. After all he is the #3 pick, and supposed to be a superstar by now.

- Law, one of the most clutch players in college b-ball last year, not being able to make 35% of his jumpers nor 50% of his lay-ups

- Chill not being able to create his own jumper

This fan base complains day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day . . .

about not having outside shootng, or a low post scorer, or a legit PG

Yet Woody is supposed to wave his magic wand, rub he and AJ's beard, and say

ALA-KAZZAAMMM !!!!! WE CAN NOW . .

- be an uptempo team with no problem

- defend big and talented frontlines

- rebound every night

- get great production from the bench

- see JJ play 2006 JJ-like every night

- hit 6 - 8 threes a night

- have Smoove and Marvin be able to carry the team when JJ is on the bench

PRESTOMUDDAFUGGINCHANGO!!!! (( poof ))

That's what you guys want Woody to do . . become a wizard.

Meanwhile, Popovich and the damn Spurs, with 2 all-star caiber players on the floor, but without their PG, Parker-Longoria, can't even beat a team that hadn't won a damn game since Christmas.

Funny how even a good team can look like garbage, without a good PG running the show.

I refuse to be part of the emotional, schizophrenic flock Pete. A lot of you guys act like only Woody is keeping us from being a real good team. I refuse to live that Hawksquawk lie.

Woody gets a C- from me.

The team is better than last year, despite having to depend on 2 rookies, seeing key parts of the bench actually regress as players, and seeing JJ playing un-JJ-like sometimes. I think Woody's biggest mistake, is not starting Acie. And that may keep the team from taking off like it should.

That's objectivty.