• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Answer this: Is It Worth It?

TheTruth

I am posing a simple query:

Is it worth it if the Hawks limp into the playoffs as the 7th or 8th seed only to be blown out in the playoffs AND Woody gets a contract extension?

The tone of this question is not nearly as inflammatory as you will likely make it out to be. I am posing a serious question so give me a serious answer. I would love for the Hawks to make the playoffs, and with so many calling for Woody's head, would those of you calling for it rather have them miss the playoffs and either Woody or Woody AND BK get fired?

Remember, it is either or. Let's assume that the ASG will NOT fire Woody IF they make the playoffs for the sake of the question. So let's hear it!

Look at what Golden State did last year and how it has carried over to this season. Getting into the playoffs will be huge for us and we will come out with a lot of energy and anything could happen in that first round. Plus it would make us look more attractive to specialty low budget FAs.

• Admin

Everybody wanted Sam Mitchell's head on a platter until the Raptors started winning. Now they love him. If Woody gets us in the playoffs it will be a good thing. I still am not convinced he knows how to make adjustments but he has been doing a better job at it.

Why would we want to make the playoffs where anything can happen where we could let our young players get some playoff experience and have something to build off of next year and added motivation for our young players to re-sign?

It would be so much better having the opposite of all of that and giving Phoenix another lottery pick.

Man you doom and gloom fans sure know how to frustrate the rest of us after a win.

Quote:

Why would we want to make the playoffs where anything can happen where we could let our young players get some playoff experience and have something to build off of next year and added motivation for our young players to re-sign?

It would be so much better having the opposite of all of that and giving Phoenix another lottery pick.

Man you doom and gloom fans sure know how to frustrate the rest of us after a win.

1)As I said in my post, it is a serious question, and only you have decided to ignore my disclaimer about it not being as inflammatory as you will likely take it, and well, read it as inflammatory. Go figure.

2) I posted this shortly after the game started (and would have done it sooner, but eh, we all have real lives you know).

3) It was a question to conjure up some civil and MATURE debate. I wanted to hear both sides of the story without some idiot with his head up his arse talking about "doom and gloom so-called fans" and fire and brimstone. Again, only you looked at it with such a negative vibe when none was suggested.

Maybe it's not "us" who intensify the negative vibe after all and more so you...

4) I managed to get some good responses from a couple other guys who contributed their opinion with maturity. Now I wonder why you decided to fall so short on such an innocuous topic.

5) Who is espousing doom and gloom? Facts:

Woody knows his job security hangs in the balance pending the outcome of the season.

Most people are upset over Woody's coaching ability. Those that are not are in the minority. Put another way, the VOCAL majority claim Woody has not been up to par.

Some do NOT want Woodson back EVEN if we make the playoffs, but get owned and bounced out in the first round.

Thus, I created this topic so Woody-haters could voice their opinion given my query, and Woody supporters could vouch for the job Woodson does EVEN if we get bounced out in the first round.

Again, the question was IF we got bounced out of the first round. If we make it past that, I'm sure there would be far less dissenters (and rightly so).

If only people didnt come into threads and make things so unnecessarily difficult...

You'll get much more participation if you had this as a poll. Some of the people who have been wanting Woody's head since the start of last season, might not post on this thread, given the either/or scenario you gave.

But in a poll, where all votes are anonymous ( unless you tell someone how you voted ), you'll tend to get a more honest perspective of how people really feel.

making playoffs and losing 4 - 0 + Woody extension > missing playoffs + Woody fired

Quote:

You'll get much more participation if you had this as a poll. Some of the people who have been wanting Woody's head since the start of last season, might not post on this thread, given the either/or scenario you gave.

But in a poll, where all votes are anonymous ( unless you tell someone how you voted ), you'll tend to get a more honest perspective of how people really feel.

Didn't think too much about making it a poll since I wanted to get the topic up quickly before I had to leave. Good suggestion though.

I'll look into it next time.

Quote:

I am posing a simple query:

Is it worth it if the Hawks limp into the playoffs as the 7th or 8th seed only to be blown out in the playoffs AND Woody gets a contract extension?

The tone of this question is not nearly as inflammatory as you will likely make it out to be. I am posing a serious question so give me a serious answer. I would love for the Hawks to make the playoffs, and with so many calling for Woody's head, would those of you calling for it rather have them miss the playoffs and either Woody or Woody AND BK get fired?

Remember, it is either or. Let's assume that the ASG will NOT fire Woody IF they make the playoffs for the sake of the question. So let's hear it!

Two things.

1. There is no guarantee that Woody gets fired if we miss the playoffs.

2. There is no guarantee Woody gets an extention if we do make the playoffs.

So in that case, and since we have players to resign and don't have a lottery pick to hope for if we do make the playoffs, YES I would much rather make the playoffs. It's been 10 years.

Quote:

Two things.

1. There is no guarantee that Woody gets fired if we miss the playoffs.

2. There is no guarantee Woody gets an extention if we do make the playoffs.

So in that case, and since we have players to resign and don't have a lottery pick to hope for if we do make the playoffs, YES I would much rather make the playoffs. It's been 10 years.

My sentiments exactly

And I apologize to OP for being condescending.

The entire reason for the season:

Win! Win all the games possible.

Top desire:

To win the championship of the NBA.

To do this, first you MUST make the playoffs.

Do I believe we're capable of winning it all? Nope.

We're not there yet. But, making it into the playoffs

is the first step. It's been a long time since we

were able to reach that first step.

Many problems remain for the Hawks.

Ownership. Management. Coaching. Position players.

We're all aware of all these things.

But, the ultimate goal is to win all the games. Failing

to do that, which everyone does, winning as many as possible

should be the goal of every NBA team, regardless of any

other problem that they may have, including the Hawks.

------------------------------

C'mon man...After not being in the playoffs since 1998-99, people are honestly even thinking about wanting to miss the playoffs so our coach gets fired???

TheTruth, I realize you are just putting this out there, but the sad thing is there are many people who would rather us lose...Which is absolutely pathetic.

And by default makes them not a fan of the team.

Quote:

C'mon man...After not being in the playoffs since 1998-99, people are honestly even thinking about wanting to miss the playoffs so our coach gets fired???

TheTruth, I realize you are just putting this out there, but the sad thing is there are many people who would rather us lose...Which is absolutely pathetic.

And by default makes them not a fan of the team.

Look no further than the NY Giants.

Everyone wanted their coach fired. Now look at them. Champs of the world.

ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs. And it also gives a Josh Childress and Josh Smith more incentive to re-sign.