• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

They Mentioned Bibby just a minute ago on NBA Chnl

JackB1

I am watching the AllStar practice session on NBA channel and they just mentioned hearing "whispers" about Mike Bibby going to the Hawks, so apparantly this deal might just happen! And all you naysayers that are just looking at Bibby's STATS you cannot believe how badly we need veteran leadership on this team! Silent and Ice-y JJ isn't that man. Bibby will be HUGE to help Acie along and also just in general to all our young guys. He will be our "on-court coach" and could negate some of Woodson's stupidity. JUST GET IT DONE BK!!!!!

His last three games he's scored 24, 18 and 14. Tell me the last time AJ or Lue did that? EXACTLY. He's also around 5-6 assists per game all the time. and he's doing all this with SACREMENTO!! He is a REAL BONAFIDE POINT GUARD! You guys wait to see how much better the Hawks will be with him. You won't believe the difference.

Quote:

I am watching the AllStar practice session on NBA channel and they just mentioned hearing "whispers" about Mike Bibby going to the Hawks, so apparantly this deal might just happen! And all you naysayers that are just looking at Bibby's STATS you cannot believe how badly we need veteran leadership on this team! Silent and Ice-y JJ isn't that man. Bibby will be HUGE to help Acie along and also just in general to all our young guys. He will be our "on-court coach" and could negate some of Woodson's stupidity. JUST GET IT DONE BK!!!!!

His last three games he's scored 24, 18 and 14. Tell me the last time AJ or Lue did that? EXACTLY. He's also around 5-6 assists per game all the time. and he's doing all this with SACREMENTO!! He is a REAL BONAFIDE POINT GUARD! You guys wait to see how much better the Hawks will be with him. You won't believe the difference.

AJ has gave us a couple of strong games, but you can't depend on him to do it more than every once and a while. Same for Lue. His numbers could probably go up to 15/7 here.

Quote:

His +/- for the last 3 games -5, -15, -4...so I look at his scoring as 19, 3 and 10. And before you say that he's playing on a horrible team all of the other starters were mostly on the plus side

Check his assist totals for those games. He's still, and always has been, a scoring PG so don't expect him to setup other players.

Quote:

Quote:

His +/- for the last 3 games -5, -15, -4...so I look at his scoring as 19, 3 and 10. And before you say that he's playing on a horrible team all of the other starters were mostly on the plus side

Check his assist totals for those games. He's still, and always has been, a scoring PG so don't expect him to setup other players.

Sheesh! If we can get him for only Shelden and scrubs who gives a damn.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Especially if the only real cost is Shelden Williams and a 2010+ first (hopefully lotto-protected).

And don't forget that the Hawks are likely to get a player ot two back from the Kings - Justin Williams and/or Quincy Douby.

Both Douby AND Williams were pretty good players in college. This trade looks like a GO for us. We EASILY make the playoffs with Bibby on this team.

Quote:

Bibby will come in hear on day one and take over the leadership of this team! Joe has never been comfortable in the role and the team suffers for it.

Is Bibby going to lead us like he has Sacramento? Come on. They've been an also-ran since C-Webb and Peja left.

I don't hate Bibby but he's no real upgrade. People need to realize that.

W

Quote:

Quote:

W

Snooze.

He's a HUGE upgrade if healthy.

Not $14.5 million huge. Nowhere near it. Again, I don't dislike Bibby, but I do not see this as a REAL upgrade.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

Not $14.5 million huge. Nowhere near it. Again, I don't dislike Bibby, but I do not see this as a REAL upgrade.

W

Who cares about the money for next year, as long as the AS re-sign Smith?

Do you seriously think AJ is as good as Bibby when healthy? How can you defend that.

When was the last time Walter supported anything the Hawks did? Seriously, when was it Walter because I sure don't remember.

Walter you act like losing Webber (in his much better days) and Peja is nothing. That would be like the Hawks trying to win if Smoove and JJ left and it's pretty unrealistic. Consider that Bibby was left with Miller and not much else and you should be able to see why they haven't been the same. He can come here and immediately take pressure off of JJ with ball handling and leadership and at 14.5 million he will be able to run the offense the way he knows an offense should be run and if Woody makes stupid calls like you all believe then Bibby won't do that because Woody would never be able to bench a guy making that much coin. Personally I think Woody will finally have a guy capable of running a team and we will see our offense perform at a much higher level. Simply having a guy with good size for a PG and the ability (and desire) to knock down the 3 many times a game will be HUGE for us. Not to mention the effect it will have on our other good players as they see the commitment ownership and management is making to their success and through the excitement they will have getting to play with a guy like Bibby. I think we will see the swagger come back to JJ and I can't wait for that. Plus JJ can no longer be doubled at the end of games.

They just interviwed JJ on NBA channel and he mentioned how important it is for the Hawks to make the playoffs this year. He sounded really committed to making that happen. Was good to hear that JJ hasn't lost the desire to win. I just hope JJ gets some quality rest time in before our next game and doesn't play too many minutes in the AS game. we need JJ healthy for the 2nd half.

Quote:

Quote:

Bibby will come in hear on day one and take over the leadership of this team! Joe has never been comfortable in the role and the team suffers for it.

Is Bibby going to lead us like he has Sacramento? Come on. They've been an also-ran since C-Webb and Peja left.

W

If you don't think he is better than Anthony Johnson there is something wrong with you.

Quote:

If we traded Speedy for Kobe Bryant there are still folks on this board who would say BK made a bad move. Thats just the way it is.

Exactly.

You can't please everyone...

I honestly think some people on here wouldn't be happy with a starting lineup of Nash, Bryant, James, Duncan, and Ming.

Come on now people!

Quote:

When was the last time Walter supported anything the Hawks did? Seriously, when was it Walter because I sure don't remember.

Funny. You mean anything BK did, right?

The the gutting of the team, drafting of Josh Smith, the signing of ZaZa, I acknowledged we HAD to do the deal for JJ once all the mess happened, the signing of Speedy, though marginally (gulp).

But of course, BK has such a track record worth supporting.

You got me. I don't support BK often. That would make me right, often. Thank you for pointing that out.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Funny. You mean anything BK did, right?

The the gutting of the team, drafting of Josh Smith, the signing of ZaZa, I acknowledged we HAD to do the deal for JJ once all the mess happened, the signing of Speedy, though marginally (gulp).

But of course, BK has such a track record worth supporting.

You got me. I don't support BK often. That would make me right, often. Thank you for pointing that out.

W

There IS a reason though that you are sitting and posting on a message board and not making decisions for an NBA franchise! russian.gif