• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

33 games left, how many can the Hawks win?

Blunt91

Looking at the schedule, including the "replay" game against Miami in March there are 33 games left in the season. So my question is how many wins can the Hawks string together? I am guessing 17 or 18wins. I think we waited too late to try and secure a higher playoff seed other than the 7th or 8th spot.

I say about half of them (which would improve on wins for the forth consecutive season), but our offense hasn't shown it can be consistent under Mike Woodson. We're a mediocre team, because we cannot score. Hopefully with the addition of Mike Bibby, that'll change.

The Hawks lost countless games this year because they could not execute down the stretch, especially in the last two minutes. This happened many times after we led for the entire game, then caved or when we stayed close throughout the game, then couldn't hit the shot at the end to seal the deal, mostly because JJ hoisted up shots against a triple team since he didn't trust his teammates. Now, Bibby should improve our chances in those games, including knocking down the shot when JJ is doubled, or finding someone else wide open.

The west coast trip will be tough due to timing, but look out for the Hawks after that.

Quote:

The Hawks lost countless games this year because they could not execute down the stretch, especially in the last two minutes. This happened many times after we led for the entire game, then caved or when we stayed close throughout the game, then couldn't hit the shot at the end to seal the deal, mostly because JJ hoisted up shots against a triple team since he didn't trust his teammates. Now, Bibby should improve our chances in those games, including knocking down the shot when JJ is doubled, or finding someone else wide open.

The west coast trip will be tough due to timing, but look out for the Hawks after that.

I agree Bibby should help, but when you're an Atlanta sports fan, you have to see it first. Until then, what I've seen from the Hawks is mediocrity and poor coaching.

Quote:

Looking at the schedule, including the "replay" game against Miami in March there are 33 games left in the season. So my question is how many wins can the Hawks string together? I am guessing 17 or 18wins. I think we waited too late to try and secure a higher playoff seed other than the 7th or 8th spot.

It;s tough to say. It would be best if Philly went on a big losing streak. But they've won 5 in row. They're probably the only team standing in the way of the 8 seed. I see no reason why NJ would be a huge problem. Obviously they got talent, but they lack hunger I think. So I wouldn't expect them to start winning. You could also argue they might play better since they know Kidd isn't being traded this year.

The Hawks need to win at least 18, but ~22-23 gets us out of the 8th seed maybe as high as the 6th seed. That six seed should be a goal as it keeps the Hawks from having to play Detroit or Boston in the first round. The second round of the playoffs would be huge for this team. It also will help in the offseason with re-signing our own and possibly getting a FA in some sort of SnT.

Quote:

The Hawks need to win at least 18, but ~22-23 gets us out of the 8th seed maybe as high as the 6th seed. That six seed should be a goal as it keeps the Hawks from having to play Detroit or Boston in the first round. The second round of the playoffs would be huge for this team. It also will help in the offseason with re-signing our own and possibly getting a FA in some sort of SnT.

Agreed. Getting the sixth seed is very important if the team wants to advance to round two of the playoffs.

Do you think it will take a +.500 record to get the 6th seed? I'm not sure that it will as the standings currently are. After the 5th seed there is a definite drop off and at this point I could see 41 wins being enough to get that 6th spot and I definitely agree that it would be huge for us to avoid Boston and Detroit in the 1st round. I think we need to add another big defensive/rebounding body in order to actually challenge someone in the playoffs though because Big Al can't do it alone.

Does anyone remember who our starting lineup was the last time we were in the playoffs?

Quote:

Do you think it will take a +.500 record to get the 6th seed? I'm not sure that it will as the standings currently are.

It will definitely not take one to make the post-season.

But the 6th seed is hard to say because it's three teams we have to consider instead of just one falling off.

Without question .500 from now on would get it easily.

Those other teams are not as good as us on paper and at least two of them have brutal schedules