• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ric Bucher: Larry Brown to coach Hawks

NJHAWK

Quote:

Even Larry Brown can't be that much of a snake. He's one of the major reasons Woody even got the Hawks job in the first place.

I'm sure Woody is one of the nicest guys in the NBA. I don't doubt Larry Brown is a bit of a snake.

That said, if Brown comes in to coach, the first round's on me.

Woody in a heartbeat. I think that JJ, Horford, Bibby, Marv, Chillz and Acie are all guys who fit Brown's mantra of "playing the game the right way" if they are given proper direction. I think he might be able to maximize Smoove's abilities as well and get him to "play the right way" as well.

That said, he is getting old and his health hasn't been that great over the last few years, hecan be awfully hard on young players and with his unpredictable behavior, he could make this horrible situation even worse and then leave.

Still, I'd take him over Woody for sure.

Quote:

Billy Knight is not going to fire his friend.

You're probably right.

But there is one scenario that could possibly go down. Both Woodson and Knight are fired by the ASG.

And Larry Brown gets TOTAL CONTROL of the Hawks, by being both the coach and the GM.

Of course, that's usually a recipe for disaster in sports. But if the Hawks really want Brown, that's what they might have to do.

YOU DO NOT WANT LARRY BROWN TO BE OUR GM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. You guys know I think BK is a good gm BUT IF HE DOES GET THE BOOT WE DO NOT WANT LARRY BROWN AS GM. He ruined the 76ers. I know Billy King held the gm title but Brown was head of all basketball operations and is the one who gave out all those ridiculos contracts to HIS GUYS... Guys who played hard and were overachievers but contracts thet were insane. George Lynch, Eric Snow, Theo Ratliff, Kenny Thomas, Geiger and the list goes on. Not to mention Brown had no problem bailing out on the Sixers when they were in cap hell and leaving the team in ruins. Im not arguing for Knight in this thread, Im just saying if we do get a new gm we dont want Brown. He will fall in love with a guy like Mario West and give him a 5 year 35 mill deal and Im not exagerating.

ESPN the mag reported this earlier this month......

3 SECONDS

LARRY BROWN claims he won’t stab MO CHEEKS in the back by pursuing the Sixers’ coaching job. But does the same pledge go for Brown’s other former assistants? MIKE WOODSON’S job with the Hawks is attractive because of the team’s stockpile of young talent, and Brown’s recent visit to Atlanta has fueled speculation that he’s intrigued by the gig.

Maybe it has legs now

Truthfully it was very suspicious that Brown all of a sudden came out and said he wants to coach again in the Philly papers the morning after our last game with the 76ers. He said he didnt want Mo Cheeks job but he wanted to coach again right after a Hawks/76ers game. hmmmmmmmmm

Yes he was a guest host with Greenburg this morning on Mike and Mike. They did that true false thing and he Greenburg said will Larry Brown coach in the nba again and Bucher responed yes with the Atlanta Hawks.

I tried to pull it up on the Mike and Mike recap but you have to have insider to see it and I dont. Anyone who has insider there are recap segments of todays show you can watch. Try the one titled true/false. Maybe someone can post the clip on here somehow, I dont know.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Yes he was a guest host with Greenburg this morning on Mike and Mike. They did that true false thing and he Greenburg said will Larry Brown coach in the nba again and Bucher responed yes with the Atlanta Hawks.

For people who are not familiar with "true or false" it is a segment where they ask questions and guests give their OPINIONS... Nothing Ric Bucher said is "insider information" or anything like that... he just said that he thinks Larry Brown will be our next coach.

It really means nothing.

Quote:

Quote:

Billy Knight is not going to fire his friend.

You're probably right.

But there is one scenario that could possibly go down. Both Woodson and Knight are fired by the ASG.

And Larry Brown gets TOTAL CONTROL of the Hawks, by being both the coach and the GM.

Of course, that's usually a recipe for disaster in sports. But if the Hawks really want Brown, that's what they might have to do.

I don't want anyone as the GM and coach of the team that thought it was a good idea to trade for Keith VanHorn and who also thought that his team would be better by trading Allen Iverson.

• Premium Member

Quote:

ActuallY maybe he gave his opinion based on things he has heard. I mean if he hasnt heard anything he would have just said: false nobody has interest in Larry Brown.

it could.. or it also could just be his hunch. Either way, it means very little. A rumor from Real GM would have as much legs as this.

When the ASG's GM resigned earlier this year the word was that the owners want to get more involved with the team. That being said, you have to wonder if they wouldn't be 'leaning on' BK to get rid of Woody . . . . friend or not. And if that is true he may not have a choice if he wants to keep his job.

I thought the article in the paper today was huge. The shots of Woody in several losses made him look clueless. That kind of press can't be ignored along with the fact that every loss at this point digs the hole deeper that moves them away from post season.

This and fifty cents will buy you a Coke: I think they have to do something. The paper said Larry Drew, which is safe. Brown would be a splash, but he comes with some baggage and a big price tag. Although he may still be getting paid by the Knicks.