• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nets Waive Jamaal Magloire

ATL2123

Quote:

Quote:

I'm on board all the way, not sure if he'd want to come though.

Give him the MLE exception and the promise of 25mpg and perhaps an extension...that'll get him here. The Lakers can't sign everyone.

I don't believe the MLE is needed to get him. The Nets still pay the balance of his contract. We may be able to get him for the minimum (or close to it).

Are the Lakers looking at him?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm on board all the way, not sure if he'd want to come though.

Give him the MLE exception and the promise of 25mpg and perhaps an extension...that'll get him here. The Lakers can't sign everyone.

I don't believe the MLE is needed to get him. The Nets still pay the balance of his contract. We may be able to get him for the minimum (or close to it).

Are the Lakers looking at him?

IDK but I believe in conspiracies. It seems that things like salary caps and free agency restrictions don't apply to certain teams. I can see Magloire going to the Lakers and avg 10/10 as the 3rd center or going to the Spurs and avg 15/10...it is a conspiracy.

He has certainly faded the last couple of seasons. He was a slightly above average starting center a few years back that made the all star team because there was nobody else. He isnt even 30 yet so maybe he could get back to form. Sadly his old form would be enough to start for us because we have nobody else with his size, and if he regains form his talent. Al can play pf, let Magloire bang with the big guys that we make Al bang with now. Maybe that can keep Al out of foul trouble. Bring Marv off the bench unless he plays like he did earlier this year.

Quote:

Sure, he would work. But we won't be anyone's first choice. If Dallas comes calling, and they could really use a dude like this, i doubt he comes here.

I disagree. In fact i think we would be his first choice because with us he actually has a chance to play and build up his value.

Quote:

...I disagree. In fact i think we would be his first choice because with us he actually has a chance to play and build up his value.

Good point ex. Surely the guy wants to keep playing in the nba and have another contract. What else is he gonna do for that kind of dough? Those Wallstreet stockbroker positions are hard to comeby.

P.S. - man those Wiz away uniforms are odd lookin. They look like throwbacks to the old Washington Generals who always went against the Harlem Globetrotters.

Yup if he comes here and plays hard he will get playing time. We dont have anyone close to his size and length. Our biggest guy is ZaZA and he is almost nailed to the floor. If he shows his old form and that he still can play he may get a decent contract next year. In Dallas he is Dampiers backup. Here he could start if he plays hard.