Gutless Marvin

Sasquatch

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

That's an interesting stat. Have you been tracking that for a while?

No. It just came out a few days ago.

When you consider that JJ plays with Childress roughly 50% less than he plays with Smith, Horford and Marvin the fact that JJ is -61 with Childress, by far lower than with any other player, is telling. He also shoots 37% paired with Childress, again worse than with any other player.

Quote:

Quote:

They didn't do squat in the first half.

The Celtics scored 41 in the first half but 57 in the second half.

Wonder who was guarding them in the second half?

JJ was on 1 of them, childress was on the other.

In the first half JJ was on one of them, Marvin on the other.

Quote:

Big body wit no heart in it.

I know yall hate to hear it but it is true.

I am watching this guy on offense. There are a number of times when he is open and in position to get a pass. This clown will literally move closer to a defender or move somewhere on the court to diminish any possible passing angle.

He has all the talent but he needs to play like a man.

Sat forever at the end of the game. I guess you know there won't be any headlines in the paper about him complaining over a lack of playing time. Its all good wit him. This guy will sit on the bench FOREVER and won't say a peep as long as that check don't stop.

Face it, Marvin is the definition of God given talent 'cause he sure aint gonna fight for it. Unfortunately, his talent gets snufed out by apathy.

You guys keep making excuses for him, I feel validated. I'm gonna sleep well 2nite.

I'm not a big Marvin fan, but it's silly to bash him for his play in this game.

He played well in the first half, but Woody is coaching for his job right now.

Marvin has been struggling for a while, so it's easy to understand why Woody has given Childress most of the 4th quarter minutes the last 2 games.

Quote:

Quote:

You know you are sitting at home cheering for "The Death Spasm" too!

I've seen several spasms from the free throw line, but they're not as special.

BTW, Woodson has done a good job of limiting the starter's minutes tonight. He should get some credit around here every once in a while.

Not sure if that's sarcasm or not ...JJ, JSmith, Bibby, Horford all played about 40 mins tonight.

Why is Marvin only played 20 mins tonight? He had more rebs than Childress playing almost half the minutes.

Quote:

Marvin has been struggling for a while, so it's easy to understand why Woody has given Childress most of the 4th quarter minutes the last 2 games.

That's right. Woody is coaching for his job.

Everybody on the floor at the end of the game is somebody that WANTS the ball. No coach in this situation has time for a reluctant ballplayer that cares nothing about stepping up. Marvin is the ultimate spectator.

How much would the avg fan have to pay for a front row seat like his.

Quote:

Seems pretty obvious to me that Marvin must not be 100%, whether it be the flu that kept him out 3 games ago or some kind of injury. Woody's never kept him out for as long as he has for the past two games, and last night he was playing well and making a difference defensively while he was on the court.

Sure, there's a chance Woody has benched him, but it seems much more likely that he's not 100% yet.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Seems pretty obvious to me that Marvin must not be 100%, whether it be the flu that kept him out 3 games ago or some kind of injury. Woody's never kept him out for as long as he has for the past two games, and last night he was playing well and making a difference defensively while he was on the court.

Sure, there's a chance Woody has benched him, but it seems much more likely that he's not 100% yet.

The next destination for the excuse train is San Francisco..

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The next destination for the excuse train is San Francisco..

Speaking of exuses how about yours, blaming Marvin for the fact that Pierce and Allen went off in the second half when Marvin wasn't even in the game but "Mr Intangible" was.