• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If We Could Steal A Win Tonite.......

JackB1

We could gain some ground. Philly plays Boston and NJ plays Houston.

I am a little concerned about this game. We still haven't come back to "form".

We won that game Sat all because of Joe. The rest of the team has to wake up.

I know this is a game we aren't supposed to win, but I just want us to play at a

good level once again.

Well we looked good in defeating the MAgic at their place earlier this year....but of course a lot has changed since then.

I gotta say that scratching out 2 wins against the league's worst team after 2 weeks of futility doesn't really give me a lot of confidence going in... and Joe had to play LIGHTS OUT the other night for us to get that win...

here's hoping

I'm not confident in Woody's ability to motivate these guys for a stretch run. You wouldn't think they'd need any more motivation than knowing they've only got a half game edge in their playoff spot, but the lack of energy, passion, and just plain heart by most of the guys on this team as of late has been extremely frustrating. We have fans down there at Philips who get more into the game than many of the players. They just don't look like they want it.

The thing about JJ is he is going to be double teamed quicker and defended alot better than he was vs Miami the other night and the 1st half in the G.S. game. Miami stinks and G.S adjusted at the half. This is not JJ's fault, he is our best scorer but real nba teams double an triple him while our other players stand around waiting for a JJ miracle. Joe needs to learn to pass better in these situations but guys like Marv and Smoove need to go to the basket or get open when there are 3 guys surrounding JJ. Bibby getting out of his shooting slump will help as well.

i think we have a decent shot tonite

we have historically beaten orlando since dwight joined and our guys will get up to play

a) smoove will be up for the game since it's against dwight

b) horford will since in florida, tho he's ALWAYS trying hard every game

c) they don't have that much after dwight/rashard to worry about

that's why i really wanted us to hit the 6th seed, as that would mean facing orlando first round, who i feel we CAN beat

The issue here is our depth in the frontcourt.

Looking back to December...

Al stayed in foul trouble from the first posession and only played 8 minutes.

Shelden was playing extremely well that night (12 points/7 boards in 11 minutes), before having to leave with an injury.

Zaza was out, which left us with Lorenzen to play 27 minutes and battle with D12 on the defensive end. He forced Dwight to earn it at the FT line, where hit only hit 6/14 that night.

We were also defending the 3 point line much better back then, even though Orlando still hit 11. (They took 31, for a 35.5%)

Basically, the idea here is to single-cover Dwight and hope that we have enough fouls to go around. (If he misses at the line, that's a bonus.) Stay with their shooters and prevent Nelson from getting penetration. I believe we used JJ on Nelson in the last meeting, which I would strongly advocate doing again tonight. I'm not worried about a Maurice Evans/Mike Bibby mismatch...

Given our struggles on the road, I'm not so optimistic. But at least the game is in HD...

Hey wats up. im new to this Hawks fan site and I really think the Hawks can get a win tonite against the Magic. And I also believe that the Hawks can and will make the playoffs too. Hawks biggest problem is their defense though..if they show up on the defensive end then they easily win 5-10 more games this season. Maybe a coaching change can change that but for now they just have to suck it up and play their azzes off and try to make the playoffs so that they can gain some experience for the future