• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

God they are terrible.

thefloydian

Quote:

lol good one. but defense is really their main problem...even more than coaching. They get no stops..all they care about is scoring points. and yet, i still believe the Magic arent that much better than the Hawks lol

so what's new?? Woodson was brought in 4 years ago to teach defense.

Quote:

Quote:

lol good one. but defense is really their main problem...even more than coaching. They get no stops..all they care about is scoring points. and yet, i still believe the Magic arent that much better than the Hawks lol

so what's new?? Woodson was brought in 4 years ago to teach defense.

Horford on the bench with only 2 fouls and Solomon in there getting abused...... you have to wonder what Woody is thinking. Actually assuming he is actually capable of thinking is probably erroneous on my part.

Zaza flat out sucks. Smith is a mess right now. Bibby shouldn't even be playing. He got outplayed by Salim.

I feel sorry for JJ right now.

all they have to do is get tough..its that simple. you have to give a effort on defensive at least. it seems like they just dont care about getting stops. once they get that mentality, things will be better because they have players who have the ability to be pretty good defenders with MW JS and Hortford and even if you throw JJ and Chillz in there too..they are all quick enough to play NBA Defense..i dont get it! Offensively, they are fine though. Woodson gotta get these guys to play some Defense ASAP if they wanna stay in the race

Quote:

The Hawks are fools if they keep any players on this roster other than maybe Al. Smoove? Marvin? JJ? F*ck'em all. If they were worth anything the Hawks record wouldn't be this bad.

When you have a coach who plays to a teams weaknesses more than their strengths, their record may not always be indicative of their talent.

Quote:

Horford on the bench with only 2 fouls and Solomon in there getting abused...... you have to wonder what Woody is thinking. Actually assuming he is actually capable of thinking is probably erroneous on my part.

That's what I was saying in the chat room. You just can not play Solo on Dwight. EVER. If you need a few minutes from Solo, it has to be when Dwight is on the bench. And Horford picked up his 2nd foul with 7 or 8 minutes in the FIRST, and never sees another minute in the half as the lead steadily goes to 20. This is insanity. 2 fouls late in the 2nd quarter is NOT a big deal. Play Horford or even Zaza but not Solo. A monkey could tell you what's going to happen. A foul or a dunk every time.

Quote:

Quote:

That's what I was saying in the chat room. You just can not play Solo on Dwight. EVER. If you need a few minutes from Solo, it has to be when Dwight is on the bench. And Horford picked up his 2nd foul with 7 or 8 minutes in the FIRST, and never sees another minute in the half as the lead steadily goes to 20. This is insanity. 2 fouls late in the 2nd quarter is NOT a big deal. Play Horford or even Zaza but not Solo. A monkey could tell you what's going to happen. A foul or a dunk every time.

I also liked the way Salim got hot...... and got pulled.

Quote:

Teams that don't play defense actually RUN so they can score to make up for it.

We don't do either.

The saddest part?

Our coach's specialty is supposed to be DEFENSE

This is exactly the style of play that the vast majority of you wanted the Hawks to start playing.

Let's play fast.

Let's shoot 3's.

If we become a better offensive team., the defense won't matter as much.

Don't whine and cry now about defense.