• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK opens up...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Marvin Williams and Billy Knight the Bond that goes on and on and on....

By Charles Odum, The Associated Press

Things are not well in Atlanta. There have been reports and denial and reports about the denial. Recent reports out of CNN towers is that Marvin will not be traded as long as Billy Knight is GM of the Atlanta Hawks. When asked about possible trade rumors of Marvin Gay Williams, Billy Knight said " by Grabthar's hammer... by the Sons of Warvan...Marvin Williams will be a Hawk as long as I am GM."

woodson-knight.jpg

Apparently, Billy Knight is growing weary of the ownership situation in Atlanta. In a recent telephone interview he openly spoke about ownership's interference in what he calls the job of the GM. He explains how Gearon Jr. tried to draft Yi Jianlian in order to improve business relations in China. He also spoke openly about a failed trade for Amare Stoudamire and the aborted firing of Mike Woodson. He said earlier this season he had completed a deal for Pau Gasol only to have ownership shuffle their collective feet at the table. "If I had known I was ever going to wind up in Atlanta, I would've never done that Gasol trade," Knight said of the eventual rookie of the year and all-star. "He'd be here in Atlanta now. Look at the effect he has had in Los Angeles." And the Hawks might not be in what seems like an eternal rebuilding process. The Hawks finally landed Mike Bibby in a trade with Sacramento. Although Bibby gives the Hawks the point guard that they have desperately needed, "the chemistry is not there yet" states Knight. The big question in Atlanta is will the Hawks make the playoffs. If they do, they will probably be the second team with a losing record on the road and at home to ever make a playoff. The first were the Miami Heat.

USA

Where's the link, I don't see the story? Or is this supposed to be a joke?

Seems shady. First of all it's Marvin Gaye, not Gay.

Secondly, Gearon said in no uncertain terms the other day that he has zero business in China and that was total fabrication, so I don't know how much I buy any of this.

Not to mention that the first BK quote is obviously laughable, unless I'm missing the author's sarcasm in making up that fake quote.

• Premium Member

Quote:

It's not a real article, he has pieced stuff together. Here is part of it from June of last year

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7062401519.html

You're right.

Although every rumor is legit...

as shown by the USA today article...

Why not be Vescey for a day.

I'm so frustrated by this ownership debacle... I just wish that somebody would tell the truth and stop all the lies. If BK came out and openly said everything that has happened, I would actually give him credit.

However, to ____ on me and tell me it's snow is just not getting it!

Quote:

Although every rumor is legit...

as shown by the USA today article...

Why not be Vescey for a day.

I'm so frustrated by this ownership debacle... I just wish that somebody would tell the truth and stop all the lies. If BK came out and openly said everything that has happened, I would actually give him credit.

However, to ____ on me and tell me it's snow is just not getting it!

What? Are you just trying to be cute by saying we don't know the truth and anything is possible with ASG and BK not trusting each other, etc. If so, I agree with you.

Otherwise... show me some real proof that we could have had (a) Amare Stoudemire (b) Pau Gasol [with BK in ATL] © Yi, and (d) Jose Calderon. I don't believe any of these "rumors" that people have brought up...

Guest Walter

Quote:

Otherwise... show me some real
proof
that we could have had (a) Amare Stoudemire (b) Pau Gasol [with BK in ATL] © Yi, and (d) Jose Calderon. I don't believe any of these "rumors" that people have brought up...

Agreed.

W

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Otherwise... show me some real
proof
that we could have had (a) Amare Stoudemire (b) Pau Gasol [with BK in ATL] © Yi, and (d) Jose Calderon. I don't believe any of these "rumors" that people have brought up...

Agreed.

W

In most cases involving trades that were discussed but not consumated, you are never going to have anything more than rumor and innuendo. It isn't like anyone can get access to BK's email where he summarized trade offers for the owners, etc. We have no choice but to try to use our best judgment sifting through the rumors.