• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody finally has the right idea-bench marvin

devinbobo35

Anybody that saw the magic game saw how lost marvin looked on the court. The kid just doesnt know how to play the game. I mean he only makes shots when someone kicks it to him. He drives the ball in the lane out of control. Woody finally figured out the hawks were playing 5 on 4 with marvin in the game. Good for woody for making him sit!! I smell a trade coming. So does steve smith. He hinted that the hawks would move horford to the 4 next year. That would leave no room for marvin to start and i KNOW he would cry about it and want a trade.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually if Horford were moved to the 4 it would be Smoove that would suffer because at this point he isn't capable of being our 3. Personally I think he could be a good 3 but not anytime soon. If Horford is moved to the 4 it's much more likely that Smoove has been traded than Marvin. Then again it's not entirely impossible that BOTH Smoove and Marvin are traded at some point within the next year and Childress is retained since his production equals that of Marvin and he will cost less.

Quote:

Actually if Horford were moved to the 4 it would be Smoove that would suffer because at this point he isn't capable of being our 3. Personally I think he could be a good 3 but not anytime soon. If Horford is moved to the 4 it's much more likely that Smoove has been traded than Marvin. Then again it's not entirely impossible that BOTH Smoove and Marvin are traded at some point within the next year and Childress is retained since his production equals that of Marvin and he will cost less.

My money is on Marvin being traded and we keeping Smoove.

A plus part of this is that Smoove and Domique are very close.

Now you are saying Smoove can't shoot a good jumper but if you think about it Chill don't take many jumper either. Marvin has suck 95% of the year so how much worse can Smoove be at the 3? I will take my chances at playing Smoove at 3 then bring back that sorry Marvin. I would try to trade his ass to the Clippers for their pick and grab Lopez, Roy or some Center. lol

• Premium Member

At worst Al and Smoove could spread their minutes at SF(for smoove), Pf, and C.

Trade Marving get a guy who can play some solid Center minutes (Pryzbilla, Diop, Haywood type player) and a solid wing player, and then spread out the Pf, C minutes between the new center, Horf and Smoove, and then the SF minutes could go to Smoove, Chill, new wing player... If you are smart about it, it isn't dificult to get Smoove and Horford minutes while giving Horford an increase in his PF mins... We could do it right now, except for the fact that we have no Center on the team, and we have to get Marvin his minutes at SF since it is the only position he can play.

Trading Smoove and keeping Marvin would be pretty dumb... Smoove's ceiling (and current production) are on another league in comparison to Marvin's

At least Smoove is trying to improve his game as evident by James Verrett saying he had spent some time with Nique working on his low post game. We never hear anything like that about Marvin. Seems like Marving doesn't really want to be "good" although he says he does.

Marvin Williams is no where the player Josh smith is talent wise. Smith is light years ahead of clumsy Marvin this guy just falls everytime he goes to drive. Has anyone been noticing that Woodson is not playing Marvin Williams down the stretch of games he is putting the best 5 players out there on the court and Marvin is not one of them. The only reason Marvin starts is because we to have justify picking him over Chris Paul and Deron Williams. Josh Smith talent and potential are much better then Marvin Williams are. Josh Smith can play the 3/4/5 at times and Marvin can only play the 3 spot at best. The guy is only player in the league that is in the top 15 in blocks and steals. He is much more of game changer who cares if Smoove cant play the 3 well I bet he plays the 3 better then Marvin does. All Marvin can is shoot a jumper once in a while thats it nothing else the guy is a total enigma.

OK STF - obviously you are a tad biased...but in this case you are right. It's not Marvin versus Smoove though...unless the discussion is who should play the 3 spot. As it stands now - Chillz should be our starting 3 - playing BIG minutes. Smoove has to play the 4 and our best PF has to play the 5.

Now it's difficult to say Al is a better PF than Smoove - at this point he probably isn't. But if you put a real 7-foot center in there with Al at PF and JS at SF you have a very nice E.C.-style front court....but we need a big guy who can play some. With JJ and Bib we have shooters.

• Premium Member

Quote:

OK STF - obviously you are a tad biased...but in this case you are right. It's not Marvin versus Smoove though...unless the discussion is who should play the 3 spot. As it stands now - Chillz should be our starting 3 - playing BIG minutes. Smoove has to play the 4 and our best PF has to play the 5.

Now it's difficult to say Al is a better PF than Smoove - at this point he probably isn't. But if you put a real 7-foot center in there with Al at PF and JS at SF you have a very nice E.C.-style front court....but we need a big guy who can play some. With JJ and Bib we have shooters.

I think the answer is...

Can we get a big for Marvin.

If we can, I would happily play Horf at 4 and Smoove at 3 and bring Chillz off the bench for the 2 and 3.

Horf seems to play Better when Zaza is in the game.

Horf has offense.

Horf plays good defense.

Horf even rebounds very strongly.

IF we can find another starter quality C... I would happily resign Smoove and trade Marvin.

Can Marvin get us Pryz and Portland's first?

I think if we were to move Smoove at the 3 & Al to the 4, the best team to model ourselves after would be Utah. All we would need a is a center similar to Okur. we somewhat mirror each other already.

???/Okur

Horford

Smith> ak47

JJ> Harpring

Childress= Brewer

Bibby

Zaza=JCollins

We would also need shooters off the bench (they have Korver & CJ Miles & Almond...we have (J Rich & Salim) and another servicable big ala Millsap. Horford would have to develop his inside game more.

A new coach would be nice too.

Marvin, doesn't fit in this scheme at all right now. But If he can get some range on his shot, he would be one of those shooters off the bench. As far as trading him, I don't know where to, I doubt Seattle would do it since they have Durant & Green.

You don't trade one of the best all-around players in the league because you have a guy that has a "pretty jump shot" that is only effective once every five games. If he doesn't make his first few shots he fades worst than Casper throughout the game.

MW is the weakest at finishing at hole out of the top six players on the team. It is a toss up between him and Zaza sadly enough. If he can develop a consistent 3-pointer I'm sure we could get a top ten pick.

Quote:

Trade Marvin home to Seattle for their pick and a big.

Quote:

Yes, yes...c'mon....let's get real guys - nobody will likely trade either one of those for Marvin. He's just a typical 6'9" dude witha jumper....this is the Pros..nobody cares where your hometown is.

Yes please who is giving us a middle/early 1st round pick for this guy + a big?!!?

He might get a serviceable big OR a very late 1st rounder. All you have to do is watch a little game film and you'll see that is fair value. I'd like to see another NBA GM outside of BK give up that much for Marvin Williams.

Hey we could throw in Mario West and trade Marvin to S.A. and pick up Tim Duncan! That would put is in line for a chip next year!

This is not dynasty mode in Live....

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Trade Marvin home to Seattle for their pick and a big.

Quote:

Yes, yes...c'mon....let's get real guys - nobody will likely trade either one of those for Marvin. He's just a typical 6'9" dude witha jumper....this is the Pros..nobody cares where your hometown is.

Yes please who is giving us a middle/early 1st round pick for this guy + a big?!!?

He might get a serviceable big OR a very late 1st rounder. All you have to do is watch a little game film and you'll see that is fair value. I'd like to see another NBA GM outside of BK give up that much for Marvin Williams.

Hey we could throw in Mario West and trade Marvin to S.A. and pick up Tim Duncan! That would put is in line for a chip next year!

This is not dynasty mode in Live....

I think Portland will.

With Oden and Aldrich and LaFrentz, I think PTL would consider trading Pryz (big contract) for Marvin who gives them exactly what they need... A Sf who can spread the floor. What we need from the transaction is a big and their First rounder.

Us taking Pryz is a good deal if we can add in the right pieces to make it happen. Right now, I have Marvin/Solo going for Pryz/1st.

There's a lot of 7 footers in this draft. PTL's first is mid first round so there's hope!

Marvin is from close to PTL so maybe they'd go for this deal.

. . . that INSISTED that Woody run MORE of the offense through Marvin back in December, when he was our most consistent offensive player?

Back in November, people wanted Smoove traded.

In December, everything was all good.

In January, JJ was on the Hawksquawk trading block.

February, it was Childress.

Now that March is here, it's Marvin's turn to feel the ire of the Squawk.

I guess Bibby will be the target in April.