• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LInk to tonights game

asdogg

Quote:

The talent difference is showing. The Hawks played about as good as they can possibly play in the first half and still lead by only two. You could see this coming. THe fluke game against Orlando is over.

Is that it? Or is Woody being outcoached by an interim coach?

I shudder to think.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has produced 15/6 over the entire season.

For comparison's sake, at age 21,

Kobe Bryant was scoring about 22 and 6 (and he's the best player in the league now)

Tim Thomas was getting 7 and 2.5

So OK, Marvin is not Kobe at the same age, but he is not Tim Thomas. TT didn't get 16/5 in his best season ever, and Marvin is 21. So enough with the exaggeration.

Marvin is a lot better than people give him credit for even though he's had a couple of stinkers of late. He clearly needs to be more consistent with his level of aggression, and he needs to step up his rebounding. But overall he has been pretty good and has been improving in a number of areas. I have been disappointed with his development, but he is still a nice player for his age.

Give him a good coach to mold his game and address his weaknesses and watch him take off.

Quote:

where the hell is the rebounding someone needs to light a fire under these guys asses.

We're not going to win when JJ isn't lighting it up offensvely and Smoove is not rebounding the basketball. More than his shooting, that is the fatal flaw in Smoove's game . . consistent rebounding. As the PF on this team, he has to be a big time rebounder every night, even when he's not scoring . . . like Horford tonight.

LOL @ Gooden looking like the best PF in the East tonight. It'll be interesting to see if this team can make a serious run in the 4th or if they'll just lay down and die.

Marvin is 21. So enough with the exaggeration.

When you don't have the talent it doesn't matter how young you are. You will still be saying these same things in two years.

He has produced 15/6 over the entire season.

Nobody remembers or cares what somebody does the first half of the season. When the games have mattered the most Marvin hasn't produced. Just like he has done nothing this game but miss shots and turn the ball over.

You could tell very early that Kobe was going to be a superstar. Hell, I was only 16 or 17 at the time and I could tell it. Marvin doesn't give that same vibe.

Quote:

We take off too many 3rd quarters. Sigh...

Which is why we lose games that we should win. If the Hawks merely played decent in the 3rd, this would be a win going away. But no, for the 3rd or 4th straight game in a row, they came out flat in the 3rd and ended up having to play catch up in a game that they had no business doing that.

It's like they think the game is over after a good 1st half. It's also even more frustrating because I guarantee everybody on this board saw it coming. They'd play a good first half, then come out and get mollywocked in the 3rd, then come in the 4th and either make a game of it or win. We've seen this script too many times, and it's getting redundant now. :/

• Premium Member

Quote:

We're not going to win when JJ isn't lighting it up offensvely and Smoove is not rebounding the basketball.

But, but, but, but Marvin sucks. And Smith sucks. And Bibby sucks. And Zaza sucks. And Bibby sucks. And Childress sucks. And Law sucks.

Play Salim more.

Blah, blah, blah.

I am twelve, and I don't understand that it's hard to win on the road in the NBA.

Blah, Blah, Blah.

What's rebounding?

What's a "JJ?"

Marvin did the right thing. He got to be the "American Idol" pick after UNC won the Champoinship and he wasn't dumb enough to turn it down. Others, like Big Baby and Hibbert were dumb enough to go back to school...and cost themselves millions. As we all know - Marvin isn't really that much into basketball anyway (by the way Marv...UNC will be there for the next hundred years...you could work on your game to pay back the organization that is paying you $10m and go to school later...you DID declare yourself as a "pro" which makes people think you want to be good at basketball). Of course BK wouldn't know that - he was likely out walking his dog.

So yes...Marvin is a borderline pro at best (currently) who can shoot some when there is no pressure. Dribble? no - not very good. Create - LOL. Rebound? - yes if it comes to you.

It's becoming ridiculous that Marvin is starting in front of Chillz. But to be honest - the fault lies with BK.

Quote:

They should have stayed home.

Marvin was 3-14 and looked like he had grease on his fingers.

Horford got completely clowned by Gooden and had more turnovers than points.

Add Smoove to that list as well. We can't have our PF grabbing 4 rebounds, while the other team gets offensive rebound after offensive rebound. As I say always, Smoove's rebounding is much more important than his points. This team as a whole just have to learn how to box out.

Quote:

You could tell very early that Kobe was going to be a superstar. Hell, I was only 16 or 17 at the time and I could tell it. Marvin doesn't give that same vibe.

I'm not saying he's Kobe. I am well aware that he seems to miss that star power and will never be a superstar.

But the point is stop comparing him to a guy like Tim Thomas when he is producing better at 21 than Thomas did in his career year. It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other. He is a nice young player who will do just fine but will never be a true star or anywhere near Paul's level. That doesn't make him a total bum.

There isn't a big difference between the two. Just because they're numbers don't match up 100% doesn't mean you can't compare them. Marvin has awkward movement and there is nothing that he has shown that makes him look better than an above average starter. Obviously he doesn't compare to Shelden in terms of being a bust, but he might not ever even been an allstar.