• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Great Win - JJ 34 pts Bibby 24 pts!

JackB1

OK guys, we got back on track tonite. Bibby is back with a great game and Joe continues his great play. The Hawks did a great job silencing the Garden crown and stopping the Knicks when they came charging. We shot around 55% and everyone contributed. Big Al with 19/11!

Smoove with a great 24/11 performance and had some really nice drives to the hole.

Lets keep this going! We can beat Boston tomorrow at home. None of the Boston starters played over 25 mins tonite, so they won't be going full out to beat us. You guys know we can be anyone at home when we play well.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Boston will play us seriously

They rested their starters today

our starters played 40+

And how do you know this? Have you spoke with Doc Rivers?

I can't imagine they will play "all out".

Well Doc Rivers DID go on record saying that they will play this like it was a playoff game... At least that's what I remember reading.

It would make NO sense for them not to really... Seeing as how we are the most likely opponent for them in the first round.

Quote:

Well Doc Rivers DID go on record saying that they will play this like it was a playoff game... At least that's what I remember reading.

It would make NO sense for them not to really... Seeing as how we are the most likely opponent for them in the first round.

That's what coached always say smile.gif Doc would never say before the game that they would take it easy this game. Either way, Phillips should be rockin tomorrow night and I'll be there!!!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Boston will play us seriously

They rested their starters today

our starters played 40+

And how do you know this? Have you spoke with Doc Rivers?

I can't imagine they will play "all out".

at first i thought doc was a little crazy for saying that but now that i reflect he's right...he understands that we may play them again in the playoffs and a win by us would give us confidence, aka a boost, going into the playoffs.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Bibby is back with a great game

Bibby will get abused tomorrow night! Rondo will have at least 20 and 12 on him. The Celtics will shoot over 55% from the field because Bibby won't be able to stay in front of Rondo. End result will be help defense for Bibby then either a layup/dunk or a 3 pointer.

Actually he did say that he would play his young players against teams that aren't in the playoff race and that he would play his regular rotation against the playoff teams. I really respect him for doing that and not just resting his guys and allowing us an easy win. I will be stunned if we don't get blown out if they play their regular rotation and that sucks but I would rather earn our way into the playoffs.

Horford - When the chips were down, another double / double!! 19/11 for the night.

All that scoring from the guards! And, those wonderful 3 pointers!! Don't forget JS!!

Sounds silly in all this wonderful high but:

Free throws - -NYK -- 13/7

Atlanta Hawks - - -- -30/23

That, Hawk's fans means we worked inside, drew the fouls and scored.

Add 'em up. That's a 16 point difference - - - Hawks won by 12 points.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Quote:

I'm not surprised he'd coach the game seriously. It's like I was saying yesterday. Boton should use tomorrow night's game as a statement to us that we have NO SHOT at even competing in the series.

The Hawks, on the other hand, will be sky high for the game because they want to do the opposite, and prove to Boston that the series will not be a cakewalk.

It's easy to forget that we had the lead against team up in Boston at halftime. Also remember that JJ shot like 25% from the field that game as well. He and Bibby didn't have good shooting games.

I'm already on record of saying, before tonight's game, that we'll beat Botson tomorrow.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I'm not surprised he'd coach the game seriously. It's like I was saying yesterday. Boton should use tomorrow night's game as a statement to us that we have NO SHOT at even competing in the series.

The Hawks, on the other hand, will be sky high for the game because they want to do the opposite, and prove to Boston that the series will not be a cakewalk.

It's easy to forget that we had the lead against team up in Boston at halftime. Also remember that JJ shot like 25% from the field that game as well. He and Bibby didn't have good shooting games.

I'm already on record of saying, before tonight's game, that we'll beat Botson tomorrow.

I'm just scared that Boston may be going into the game with a playoff attitude while Woody may tell our players this game is just like any other game.

Quote:

I'm just scared that Boston may be going into the game with a playoff attitude while Woody may tell our players this game is just like any other game.

I think all our players are smart enough by now to just ignore what Woody says.

They looked pretty fired up tonite...lets hope they bring that fire for Boston.

Maybe we should get Solo to pick on Zaza again smile.gif

Quote:

Actually he did say that he would play his young players against teams that aren't in the playoff race and that he would play his regular rotation against the playoff teams. I really respect him for doing that and not just resting his guys and allowing us an easy win. I will be stunned if we don't get blown out if they play their regular rotation and that sucks but I would rather earn our way into the playoffs.

Agreed.

Quote:

Quote:

Smoove with a great 24/11

Huh? What did Smith have 11 of?

The Hawks did a horrible job defensive rebounding last night, giving up 21 offensive rebounds to the Knicks.

It is a good thing JJ and Bibby were hot.

My bad. 11 was Horford. Horford had 11 rebounds and Smoove was 24/6.

Still a great night for Smoove...making 7 of 12 shots and playing smart and bringing a lot of energy and desire early on.