• Premium Member

Quote:

I say he should make our playoff rotation. it should be:

Bibby/ Law

Johnson/ Stoudamire

Marvin Williams/ Childress

Josh Smith/ Solomon???

Hortford/ ZaZa

we're gonna need as much bodies as possible against the Celts!

I'm not sold on Stoudamire. But there is no reason for Law not to get playing time!

Quote:

Quote:

Bibby/ Law

Johnson/ Stoudamire

Josh Smith/ Solomon???

Hortford/ ZaZa

I'm not sold on Stoudamire. But there is no reason for Law not to get playing time!

its easy i dont see why woody havent gotten it yet.

u put salim n for joe at the begining of the 2nd un til the 7:00(maybe earlier if it gets out of hand) and put acie in for bibby at the 3:00 of the first until the 8:00 of 2nd

im a genious

• Premium Member

Quote:

u put salim n for joe at the begining of the 2nd un til the 7:00(maybe earlier if it gets out of hand) and put acie in for bibby at the 3:00 of the first until the 8:00 of 2nd

im a genious

Stoudamire still has a very low basketball IQ and doesn't know when to shoot or pass. Law on the other hand has a relatively high BB IQ so I would just rotate him in and use childress in the back court when Joe is resting.

Quote:

Quote:

im a genious

Stoudamire still has a very low basketball IQ and doesn't know when to shoot or pass. Law on the other hand has a relatively high BB IQ so I would just rotate him in and use childress in the back court when Joe is resting.

Um...Salim knows that he should shoot all the time. There isn't enough time to pass.

Nonetheless, I bet Woody plays a total of 7 players throughout our series with the Celts. Salim, Solo, Richardson, and others will never see the floor. Bibby and Joe will play 45 minutes a night. Write it down.

Quote:

im a genious

He was doing that with Acie after he came back from the 2nd injury. Acie needs to be surrounded by shooters and finishers to truly be effective right now. The only way that happens, is if Woody plays him exactly like he used to do Royal Ivey . . at the first 5 minutes of each half.

Acie didn't play well, so Woody went away from him. It's simple as that. No conspiracy theories. Nothing like that.

The crazy thing about all of this, is that we're 13 - 8 in our last 21 games . . yet . . the fan base finds major fault in the fact that Woody shortened the rotaton.

We have to be the ONLY fan base in the NBA, that want our 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, AND 12th man on the roster to get nightly playing time. It's incredible the whining that goes on here for scrub players.

Like I always say . . .Everybody Can't Play.

. . . and everyone won't play.

. . . nor should they play.

Woody will go with his set 7-man rotation. Any other guys that play, will probably play only spot minutes, unless people get in foul trouble. I could see Salim or Acie playing 10+ minutes in a particular game, depending on the matchup. But both should never play more than 10+ minutes in the same game. It'll be either/or.

West, will get his 20 seconds of PT to spell JJ at the end of the 1st half. Solo and J-Rich should never play.

I'm not in favor of taking any minutes from our main 6 guys, just to play those inconsistent bench players. No way in hell.

You make interesting points, but you are crazy as hell if you think running a 7 man rotation is the norm in the NBA during ANY stretch of the season--especially the regular season. That's what causes fatigue and players being gassed late in the season and in 4th quarters. Y

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bibby/ Law

Johnson/ Stoudamire

Josh Smith/ Solomon???

Hortford/ ZaZa

im a genious

You can't just plan it out like that... this isn't NBA 2k8 you know.

Salim is clearly a better choice than Law coming off the bench in the playoffs. At least Salim can produce points and possibly win a game. Law to me, seems content to get bring the ball up the court then pass it to Joe. We will need a lot more of our point guards against Boston. Salim's Basketball IQ is as high as any other hawks player, he unfortunately has a coach that hates him and refuses to play him. Once he is traded then let see how "low" his Basketball IQ is then. I heard the same thing about Boris Diaw. Play your Bench!!!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bibby/ Law

Johnson/ Stoudamire

Josh Smith/ Solomon???

Hortford/ ZaZa

im a genious

You can't just plan it out like that... this isn't NBA 2k8 you know.

Yes you can. This robotic game management is used by Woody for 4 years now.

Quote:

You make interesting points, but you are crazy as hell if you think running a 7 man rotation is the norm in the NBA during ANY stretch of the season--especially the regular season. That's what causes fatigue and players being gassed late in the season and in 4th quarters. Y

Phoenix, before they got Grant Hill last year, used to only go 7 deep, with the other guys playing spot minutes for people in foul trouble. A lot of teams only go 8 deep.

Before the Bibby trade, the Hawks routinely went 8 - 9 deep. He only went to the 7-man + filler rotation after we fell more than 10 games under .500.

The fact is that for the vast majority of the year, when JJ went out of a game, the offense suffered mightily. If guys like Salim and Acie could consistently play like they did last night, this wouldn't even be an issue. They'd be playing.

You can say the same thing about our defense, when Smoove goes out of a game. IF Zaza or Solo could consistently defend and rebound, they'd play a lot more too.

But every one of those guys, with the exception of Chill, can't be trusted to play regular minutes every night because they're so inconsistent.

And deep down, you guys know that. People have been bytching about Salim's shot selection, Acie's passiveness, and Zaza's turnovers and non-existant defense all year. In Salim's case, those complaints have been going on for 3 years.

There might come a time in this series where we'll definitely need a Salim, an Acie, or a Zaza to come up big for us. But I want JJ, Bibby, and Smoove to be on the floor 75% - 90% of the time, with Horford, Chill, and Marvin on the floor around 75% of the time as well. You don't cut the minutes of those guys, just to give Salim, Solo, or Jeremy Richardson more PT.

Zaza plays because Woody basically has no other choice but to play him. If Lorenzen Wright were still on this squad, he may very well opt to play him over Zaza.

It was so funny to see some of you whine and cry about Woody opting to keep Bibby and Smoove out the game in the 2nd qtr of that Boston game. Woody goes with Salim and Solo, and they virtually do nothing. Then people get all over Woody for keeping Bibby out of the game.

Well . . if you want Salim to play, he has to play AND contribute when Bibby is on the bench.

You can't have it both ways. When those bench guys get in the game, they have to do the job they're supposed to do, no matter if they play 4 minutes or 14 minutes. We don't have 28 minutes ( or even 18 minutes ) to give Salim on a nightly basis. If he can't make a contribution in 3 - 4 minute spurts, then he basically become useless to us.