• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where does Marvin go?

ATL_BALLER

Quote:

Marvin is such a bust. The worse he plays and the more Chris Paul does it makes Billy look worse and worse. He should be fired strictly for the move. He totally set the Hawks back with that. No wonder Billy Knights record as a GM is so poor.

Horford and Childress are the only ones who played well last night; everyone else laid eggs the golden goose couldn't hatch.

But yes, everytime I see MW on the court, subconsciously, the back of my mind is screaming 'CHRIS PAUL, CHRIS PAUL, CHRIS PAUL, CHRIS PAUL!!!!'

And folks wonder why Philips stay empty when Labron or Kobe isn't in town.....

The funniest part is how, after 3 years, half the fans on here still think that their bitchin and cryin and more woulda coulda shoulda might actually make a damn bit of difference.

"Maybe if I make one more post about how we should've taken Chris Paul, wish REAL hard, and click my heels three times, it'll come true"

• Premium Member

Marvin Williams, for all his detractors on this site, plays better post defense than Josh Smith.

Marvin Williams, for all his detractors on this site, plays better perimeter defense than Josh Smith.

If they ever actually ran a play for this guy, I think many of you would change your mind on him quickly. The wings and Horford were the only reason the Hawks weren't blown out in the first half.

Quote:

Is it me or does Marvin seems to stumble and fall each time he drives to the hole. The young man needs to learn how to take contact and finish a drive. Plus Woody plays Marvin far too much with little return on that playing time, play someone else!!!... Richardson

well said he is the clumiest player in the nba!!

Man, you MW sack warmers are unbelievable.

Who is matched up with JS most of the the game? Probably the best overall defender in the league.

The dumb ass coach sat JS the whole second quarter and made him lose all the momentum he established in the first quarter. As soon as KG was inserted with 10:00 in the 2nd, he should of matched the move or atleast when KG picked up his 3rd fould with around 4:00 left when of been the perfect time to insert JS than making him sit out the whole 2nd and halftime.

How accessible is it for a 6'9" forward to shoot semi open jump shots? That's the easiest offensive move at his disposal on the floor and it's a reason for that. He can get that shot anytime he wants like JS shooting open ass 3's anytime he wants.

Why not drive either left or right since you have the skillset to do so? Oh, that's right because he has weak hands and a slow and high dribble with no agility comparable to Zaza.

How can a guy pushing 6'9" 240-250 not mix it up down low with swingmen guarding him?

Oh, because he is the softest player on the court maybe.

As much as I would love to trade Marv (I have made numerous threads about it) The thing that scares me the most is the lesson of Mcgrady. This is about the time of his career where Toronto decided to let Mcgrady go to Orlando. Eeerily Marvin's career numbers almost mirror Mcgrady's. He went from avg 15ppg in his last year in Tor to 26ppg the year after. If we dump Marvin that is the chance we take. If he blows up twice we basically get fukked by the Chris Paul draft twice.

Quote:

As much as I would love to trade Marv (I have made numerous threads about it) The thing that scares me the most is the lesson of Mcgrady. This is about the time of his career where Toronto decided to let Mcgrady go to Orlando. Eeerily Marvin's career numbers almost mirror Mcgrady's. He went from avg 15ppg in his last year in Tor to 26ppg the year after. If we dump Marvin that is the chance we take. If he blows up twice we basically get fukked by the Chris Paul draft twice.

I think MW would blow up somewhat if traded to another team but Mcgrady is infinitely more talented than MW.

Mcgrady was playing second fiddle to Carter and when he was traded to Orlando that was his team and subsequently became the leader and he blew up. Unless some team wants to build around MW exclusively, I don't think he will reach all-star status.

Quote:

"When you have a duck booty like he has, it is hard to stand upright. You'd think he attended college in OZ"

You didn't know he was bunk buddies with Simon Adebisi.

Quote:

Overall numbers aside, Marvin flat out does not have the talent that McGrady had. Kobe came into the league shooting airballs, arguing with teammates, and being a complete ball hog but it was obvious how much talent he had.

Quote:

Well he got recruited to NC, got ACC Fresh of the year, and got drafted #2 for a reason. Scouts may have been reaching, but I think that he had a better justification for being drafted 2 than Demarr Johnson being drafted 6.

Who cares what his PRE-draft scouts said? We've seen him play over 200 games for 3 straight years. If you don't have a good idea of where his talent is than you haven't been watching the games.

• Premium Member

Quote:

He isn't a stiff, he is avg 15/5 in the NBA. All I am saying is that it could click for him somewhere else, which would suck for us unless we got an all-star in his place.

Agreed.

Marvin hasn't played with a good coach his entire time in the NBA, and hasn't played with a real PG for more than three months. He also almost NEVER gets a play called for him, and is often ask to guard PF's on defense.

He's going to be just fine. A star like Paul, of course not. A good NBA player, absolutely.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Don't be scared.

It's addition by subtraction.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Marvin is useless bum if he is not knocking down his jumper he is worthless anyone see the game Chris Paul had yesterday. I will never let the Hawks live that down this the blazers drafting Sam Bowie over the great one Micheal Jordan all over again.

another marvin thread when josh smith played like [censored]!!!!!!!! he looked like a little punk getting bullied by Perkins and jacking up his GREAT perimeter shot. Take your blinders off and see Marvin was NOT our biggest problem last night

You sound just as dumb trying to place blame on Josh Smith for Marvin's lack of production and growth as a player. Josh Smith at least has a skill that is top 2 in the NBA. Marvin Williams does nothing but shoot midrange jumpers. NOTHING.

Ok, maybe to a IDIOT I may sound dumb but where in my post did I blame Smith for Williams' production? IDIOT, I said this is bullshyt to start a thread asking where is marvin when the ENTIRE TEAM OUTSIDE HORFORD didn't show up. Smith being the most obvious.

This Marvin thing made me lose respect for a lot of you guys. It's clear as day, you guy are mad Marvin not Deron or CP3. Look Marvin looks good out there, he disappears from time to time, but he improving that each year. He like what the number 4 option after JJ, Smith and Bibby. Not many shots are coming your way. He was one of our better players on Sunday. I really think you guys are being b!tchmade right now. B!i*hassness is a disease sweeping America, quit it right now.