• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are We Still The Joke Of The Playoffs? 'Cuz I.....

hawkman

• Premium Member

....dont think Boston finds us that funny anymore. Just got back from the game and I have to say that Atlanta represented itself on national television very well. I was apart of that raucous crowd that feverishly cheered its team as they beat the favored Celtics. There should not be a single negative post about ANY of the Hawks players concerning tonight's game. Everyone did exactly what they had to do to win the game...both the physical AND the mental aspect of the game. Even Horford getting in Pierce's ear after that game clinching shot was necessary. The Celtics and their fans thought they could come to our homecourt and dominate and somebody HAD to step up as our enforcer and get a little nasty. I loved the way this young team reacted with their backs against the wall. That says a lot about the players on this team. Josh Smith's and Horf's heart is undeniable. I just knew this thing was going back to Boston. The question now is whether we can send it back to Boston 2-2. This had to be THE BEST Hawks game I've seen in years. I am soooooooo pumped for Monday's game!

rave over trampoline.gif

The crowd has to show up on Mondays game too...as well as the player's hearts again. Woodson was good too. I think we can win at home against any team..the road games are the toughest ones for the Hawks..hopefully that will improve next year. Great game though!

Quote:

I think Phx. Man, they're the biggest fools. Trying to change their identity in mid season was a stupid idea. Honestly, the Suns were past their prime anyway. They still have a good team, but I never got the feeling they were as good as they were the last few years.

Denver doesn't look so hot either. And neither Denver nor PHX is playing the #1 seed in the whole league. Regardless of what happens the rest of the way, last night was a huge shot of confidence for some young players desperately in need of it. If our GM can add complimentary pieces, including one servicible big and a real bench, 2009 will be interesting.

I must admit I'm shocked at the Hawks performance last night. I fully expected more of the same. But they proved to me they at least have some heart and can possibly make this series a little interesting. It's going to take winning Monday though to really convince me they are serious. But props to the Hawks for not quiting.

Quote:

I must admit I'm shocked at the Hawks performance last night. I fully expected more of the same. But they proved to me they at least have some heart and can possibly make this series a little interesting. It's going to take winning Monday though to really convince me they are serious. But props to the Hawks for not quiting.

They win Monday and we're all vindicated for the moves we have made. Especially if the Suns and Nuggets get swept. Plus, that makes the Celtics look human. I said it before and I will say it again...all it takes to beat the Celts is to stand up to them. They hoot and holler and make a lot of noise, but if you can bully them a bit, they will crumble. Allen, Pierce, and KG are not clutch guys. Allen was a [censored] with Milwaukee always fighting with Glen Robinson, Pierce and Walker were little girls when they were together, and KG hasn't hit a big shot in his life. They are vulnerable. We might not be the team to beat them, but a dose of Orlando, Cleveland or Detroit (which may never happen at this rate) will. If they lose ONE home game, they could crumble like a house of cards.

Quote:

Denver doesn't look so hot either. And neither Denver nor PHX is playing the #1 seed in the whole league. Regardless of what happens the rest of the way, last night was a huge shot of confidence for some young players desperately in need of it. If our GM can add complimentary pieces, including one servicible big and a real bench, 2009 will be interesting.

To be fair, Denver is playing the top seed in the West (which puts them third in the league?) and Suns are playing the defending champions and one of the greatest teams of the decade. The difference in records though, none are greater than BOS/ATL.

We really had nothing to lose. Everybody expected us to lay down and go quietly. They expected Philips Arena to be half-green and pro Celtics. They expected our fans to be pedestrian and quiet. We proved them all wrong last night. I think it has to be Phoenix, although they won today. That was expected to be the most competitive series and the Spurs have made PHX look bad. TNT and ESPN anylists can't joke about our team or home crowd now, but we still have to keep the emotion and fire.