• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

One word...Embarrassed

HAWKSFAN

Quote:

That's how I feel, we're better than this. This is what everyone outside of the ATL is going to remember us for.

My 8 year old daughter is watching the game w/me and is yelling out the adjustments that the team needs to make. Says a lot about Woody as a coach!!! Will the team be remembered for pushing Boston to Game 7 or getting crushed in Game 7?

I am embarrassed as well, but you have to remember that this is a bunch of 21-25 year olds playing with the weight of a city desperate for a win on their shoulders. They simply could not handle the pressure and lost. The c's came out on a mission and we did respond.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

That's how I feel, we're better than this. This is what everyone outside of the ATL is going to remember us for.

My 8 year old daughter is watching the game w/me and is yelling out the adjustments that the team needs to make. Says a lot about Woody as a coach!!! Will the team be remembered for pushing Boston to Game 7 or getting crushed in Game 7?

That's a good question. I'd never give up on the Hawks until it's evident that they've given up themselves. How can they continue to flop around while the Celts grandstand? This is NOT the team I saw last Friday. I expected more heart.

Who

gives

a ((( bleep )))

I know everybody is disappointed, and you should be. But who gives a f--- what everybody else thinks of the Hawks. When we won, we got a little respect. So when we lose like this, we're gonna get clowned either way. Either way, it doesn't matter. This team just got outplayed in every phase of the game today.

Well, this was definitely an embarrassment. It's hard to believe that this is the same team that took the Celtics to the limit. It's sad.

Oh well. I'll remember the good times of this playoff run, rather than the complete and utter embarrassment that was today's game.

Quote:

Who

gives

a ((( bleep )))

I know everybody is disappointed, and you should be. But who gives a f--- what everybody else thinks of the Hawks. When we won, we got a little respect. So when we lose like this, we're gonna get clowned either way. Either way, it doesn't matter. This team just got outplayed in every phase of the game today.

It means a lot, because the players couldn't even come close to competing today. They know that, they know how far we are. They're not going to realize how much of basketball is mental. This should have been something we could build off of, but instead, it may not be.

Quote:

Who cares what others outside of Atlanta remember us for? We're the ones who've suffered 13 win seasons and the Hawks rewarded us with enough effort to push this series to seven. Boston is just so much better than us and we've never competed against them in the Garden this entire season. They're by far the better team and it showed. I'm just grateful I guess....We could've rolled over and lost in 4 by an average of 25 points.