• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The trade does nothing for the hawks

Diesel

• Premium Member

It's sad but some of you get what you wanted.

NOW, we have:

JT/Hansen/Diaw/SAR/Theo.

Yes we can resign JT NOW... But Brandon's contract doesn't come into effect until Jan.

Next year, we will still be at or over the cap.

So what do we have? Zilch.

In 1 move, we have went Backwards 2 years.

Really, we're worse off. We have NO SG, NO SF and NO PG.....

So my question is:

WHO IS NEXT IN THE BLAME GAME?

Now that Big Dog is gone.... Who will we blame for JT's inability to run an offense. We probably won't have Injury, so my guess is:

1. Either Youth.

2. OR SAR

3. Or NEW Onwership

4. Or Kasten.

Either way, the Blame game continues.

Yes but remember that the hawks actually played a good bit better without Big Dog than with him last year. So we might not look as good on paper, but it might still be better for the team. This way we'll have a little bit more $$$ next year as opposed to Robinson's contract. I never was a member of the Big Dog witch hunt, but I have to admit that whenever he got the ball, the offense screeched to a halt. I'd rather have a younger starting lineup that can play well together and try to pick up some good FA next year. Only thing I'm pissed about is losing Newble, we could have still used him

If we sign a role player SG or SF we'll be alright...

I think this trade is in our interest

• Premium Member

The Hawks played at home down the stretch. Look over the last 3 years... It's a pattern. We have more home games down the stretch so down the stretch we put up good numbers....

BUT

It's a mirage.

Now, think about it this way...

We just gave away a 21 ppg scorer. That's points in our offense. Regaurdless of what you believe, Offense wins games. If not, Miami would have been the best team in the league the past two years.

Now,we are back to being predictable.

1 play Jason Terry

and

Shareef with 4 defenders on his back.

We also now have some rookies to place undue blame on.

I would be surprised if we could manage 88 ppg this season.

1. It allows us to give Jason Terry a long term contract and stay under the luxury tax next offseason.

2. It was proven last season that this was a better team without Robinson than with him.

3. It gives the Hawks a chance to resign DerMarr Johnson as well.

Without giving JT an extension, the Hawks had approx. $56 million committed in contracts for next season. Subtract Robinson's $12 million, and the Hawks will have $44 million committed. So, JT gets his extension and the Hawks stay under the luxury tax threshold while getting better as a team.

Say what you want, but you're a Glenn Robinson apologist, so it really doesn't matter. Go back to Stan Kasten's end of the season press conference. The writing was on the wall.

What's going to be interesting is seeing how Iverson and Robinson will mesh in Philly. Without Larry Brown, I feel the 76ers will be on the verge of dropping out of the playoffs. Iverson has never been able to play with another guy who wants to shoot.

Well I actually like this trade. Big Dog just doesn't work with our offense as we don't have enough ball handlers to get him the ball in the right spots on the floor. Him and Shareef on the defensive end together puts too much strain on the SG and Ratliff. I think this trade signifies that we want to resign JT, possibly resign DJ, and that Diaw and Hansen are capable of contributing right away.

We really needed ballhandling, defense, and three point shooting last year. If we lineup JT, DJ/Hansen, Diaw, SAR, Theo we should be in pretty good shape. JT and Diaw can handle the ball, everyone can play decent defense, and we now have three long ball threats in JT/DJ/Hansen. Shoot you can even add Dickau to the list for threes.

• Premium Member

All that can really be said is We'll see.

Your thought was just that until this deal goes through.

However, Once this season goes and by Jan when we totally suck and when Grob and Iverson looks like an unbeatable combination....

I want to remember your theory on Addition by subtraction.

That means, I don't want to see any blame placed on Diaw or Hansen or Glover or whoever we pick to be SG/SF.

I don't want to see anybody crying about how we should have made an offer to Ty Corbin Jr.

I want to see the truth and that truth is that Jason Terry is POISON. Undersized SG. I think 5 years is enough time to learn the position right KB??

Diesel you are right in that we have to wait and see before proclaiming the trade a sucess or bust. I will add that this move seems to be made with the future in mind; developing team chemistry, developing youth, and saving cap space. I also think that if Big Dog had one more bad year he would be untradeable and our chemistry would worsen.

I wouldnt go as far as saying that the deal was a great one. [censored] I thought the Trade to GET Big Dawg was a great one, but I can fully understand why we made this deal. Flat out, the chemistry was not there with GRob. Look at the stats and the team record without him in the linup during the 02-03 season. I think if anything this trade will help us develop Diaw and Hansen better, along with allowing JT to re-sign, and other top FA's to sign here. I'm not gonna sit here and proclaim that next year at this time we'll be better off by making the deal, but i can understand it. I wish others here would too...

J

Too many thought we could actually get something for Glenn. They don't want to face the fact that he just doesn't have that much value.

Look at the deal that went down. Every player in question, with the exception of Brandon, were players that the teams wanted to get rid of.

This was deal that basically swapped around three bad contracts while Atlanta got the salary relief in getting Brandon.

Atlanta and Minnesota get the best of these deals. The Twolves get a shooting guard who is more than willing to defend, and Sprewell goes to a team where he will now become the 4th scoring option which is a better fit for his declining offensive skills. The Hawks get rid of Robinson and gain cap relief.

The Knicks continue to make bad trades and take on bad contracts. Van Horne makes them longer, but they are still a very unathletic team. The 76ers now have a recipe for disaster with Robinson and Iverson on the same team.

• Premium Member

You lend credibilty to the 6 games over the last FOUR YEARS

that JT has missed, but expect us to ignore 13 GAMES without Robinson in ONE YEAR?

Don't you have some shoe shinin' to do? You better hurry up and catch that train to Philly...

• Premium Member

Hey... I'm on the Philly Wagon Early.

Haven't you heard, they are celebrating in the streets.

Now, Iverson has a second scorer.

But more importantly...

Now, there are no more excuses for JT.

Who is next in the blame game... Let's look at the list thus far:

1. JR

2. Lenny

3. JJ

4. Knight

4. DEKE.

5. Injury.

6. Email

7. Kruger.

8. Grob.

9. Not enough time at the PG position although he's been here for 4 years...

I'm betting that #10 is SAR.

#11 is Rookies.

#12. The wax on the floor at the Phil.

#13. Whoever he coach at the time is.

We have an UNDERSIZED SG playing PG. He will always have problems because he's in the wrong position. We have Just traded a 21 ppg Former allstar for Peanut Shells in order to excuse JT.

I need Goldberg to come out and tell me Who's Next.

No cheap youth in return????Not even a bench player?

Are the people getting more and more stupid?

It's hard for us to build with young talent because we

have none of it.Don't even talk to me about the sorry

frenchman drafted.

Sadly,it looks like JT is gunna hold this franchise down

like he has since he has been here.If he has so much

value....why didn't anyone else sign him to an offer

sheet?

We have:

JT/DD

Diaw/

CC/Hansen

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Nazr

This team sucks a big fat [censored].Not only that...We have

a new redneck hee haw owner that doesn't have money..

No coach......No depth...No starting SG or SF.

This is [censored] horrible.We could have atleast got some

bench help.

And if you guys think this is a good deal your [censored]

fools.

JT will become a star this year without Hog & with Diaw. Reef had back surgury & will be completely healthy this year. I also expect us to make some deals to bring in some good,young,ATHLETIC,talent. Posey would be nice @SF,but I think he was signed by Memphis,is that right????

~Peace

JT is not a star.He's a loser.Diaw?Diaw is a stupid

frenchman that can't even speak english.AND he can't

shoot either.

"I also expect us to make some deals to bring in some good,young,ATHLETIC,talent."

What?We are going to bring back cripple DJ?

"JT is not a star.He's a loser.Diaw?Diaw is a stupid

frenchman that can't even speak english.AND he can't

shoot either."

- yo Hotlantadude, that was unnecessary man. Why u so mad? U remind me of STAN in that song by EMINEM. Calm down...

we both know that GROB wasnt working. man, i could understand if DIESEL was pissed but why u?

---------------------------------------------------------

We both agree that GROB wasnt the answer. While we cant blame just 1 person, GROB doesnt fit with this team... we both know that. In skills point of view, yes it is not fair at all. But this is an economical move... why u so mad?

Sure JT isint the next JORDAN, but wasnt it JT who feed the ball to SHAREEF when he scored 50 points against BEN WALLACE? The offense is gonna run a lot smoother.

as for DIAW. C'mon man, he plays good defense and passes well. Hes our NEWBLE REPLACER + PLAYMAKER... if it wasnt for DIAW, id be pissed NEWBLE left. As long as the players work in this system, ITS GONNA WORK OUT....

what did u expect? Trading GROB for KOBE? Just chill for a minute and think about it.