• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Carmelo Anthony is on the block--SMoove+fillers???

Wurider05

ttp://ww.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/52422/20080509/nuggets_will_listen_to_trade_offers_for_carmelo/

He can't play defense worth a damn but he can score. What type of package could we put together to get him. We might can maybe throw MArvin in at PF (because you just know that if we trade for him SMoove is gone). Any suggestions??? I think that Carmelo is overrated but he can score consistently!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny. I was criticized a while back for comparing Carmelo to Glen Robinson. Carmelo is little more than a shot chucker who doesn't defend. That's exactly what Glen Robinson was.

No thanks. The Hawks do not need to get more players who don't want to defend.

Quote:

ttp://ww.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/52422/20080509/nuggets_will_listen_to_trade_offers_for_carmelo/

He can't play defense worth a damn but he can score. What type of package could we put together to get him. We might can maybe throw MArvin in at PF (because you just know that if we trade for him SMoove is gone). Any suggestions??? I think that Carmelo is overrated but he can score consistently!!

I would love be on offense playing against Marvin at PF and Carmelo at SF. Carmelo doesn't pass the ball and he doesn't play any defense. If anything it would have to be for Marvin and the Nuggets would never do that.

Glenn Robinson never had the potential to lead the league in scoring. Look at Denver's record the year they got Carmelo, and compare it to the year before. I don't think he's as bad as you guys are saying.

Remember all the people who said Pau Gasol is a no defense low post scorer, pass. How many people would come out and say the same thing now? Depending on the terms I would consider Carmelo. A JJ, Carmelo, Horford core would be easy to build around. You just need role players to surround those 3 with.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Glenn Robinson never had the potential to lead the league in scoring. Look at Denver's record the year they got Carmelo, and compare it to the year before. I don't think he's as bad as you guys are saying.

Remember all the people who said Pau Gasol is a no defense low post scorer, pass. How many people would come out and say the same thing now? Depending on the terms I would consider Carmelo. A JJ, Carmelo, Horford core would be easy to build around. You just need role players to surround those 3 with.

Well you have to remember that a lot of posters here didn't like Chris Paul, Iverson, or Pau Gasol so take it all with a grain of salt. Carmelo is a great player and if money was no issue, would be a great addition to our team. One of our biggest problems this season was our execution in the halfcourt. Carmelo fixes that immediately. With that being said, I highly doubt that we have the resources to get him without gutting our team.

Quote:

Pau Gasol has no off the court problems though. Carmelo is still very immature and makes bad decisions on the court. His nickname should be black hole because once he catches it its all about Melo. I don't even know how he was ever compared to Lebron because he only makes himself better not everyone else. I hated watching Denver play because it was like one on one basketball with whomever caught the ball first. I would rather have Micheal Redd or Baron Davis next season. They have more experience which is what the Hawks need to come out of the east.

Quote:

I would rather have Micheal Redd or Baron Davis next season.

Either one would be sweet, both would be cheaper/easier to obtain than Melo, and I read the other day that Baron Davis might very well be on the move this offseason.

Quote:

Quote:

Well you have to remember that a lot of posters here didn't like Chris Paul, Iverson, or Pau Gasol so take it all with a grain of salt. Carmelo is a great player and if money was no issue, would be a great addition to our team. One of our biggest problems this season was our execution in the halfcourt. Carmelo fixes that immediately. With that being said, I highly doubt that we have the resources to get him without gutting our team.

How many superstars did the Bulls pass on because they wanted to keep Deng, Gordon, and Hinrich? Building with youth! They screwed up, too. I think their list includes Kobe, Garnett, Amare, Gasol, and others. They elected to keep Deng and Gordon over those guys. Letting Chandler go was a huge mistake, too. Not saying Carmelo is our guy, but if we can use Smoove or Chilldress to get a true superstar we should do it.

Who else might be on the block?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How many superstars did the Bulls pass on because they wanted to keep Deng, Gordon, and Hinrich? Building with youth! They screwed up, too. I think their list includes Kobe, Garnett, Amare, Gasol, and others. They elected to keep Deng and Gordon over those guys. Letting Chandler go was a huge mistake, too. Not saying Carmelo is our guy, but if we can use Smoove or Chilldress to get a true superstar we should do it.

Would rather use Bibby and or Marvin to get that superstar. Baron Davis, Micheal Redd, Jermaine O'neal, Eddie Curry, Gilbert Arenas, Elton Brand, A.I., Camby all may be available this offseason. I agree if there is the right star that the Hawks should go after him.

Trade Marvin for a Lottery pick +filler and draft Hibbert...

Trade Josh Smith for Melo and two future 1st round picks sounds good....

Bibby

JJ

Melo

Horford

Hibbert

Bench:

Chillz

Andersen

FA's

Quote:

Bibby

JJ

Melo

Horford

Hibbert

Bench:

Chillz

Andersen

FA's

No Rookies!!!! No Rookies!!No Rookies!!!!!!!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Would rather use Bibby and or Marvin to get that superstar. Baron Davis, Micheal Redd, Jermaine O'neal, Eddie Curry, Gilbert Arenas, Elton Brand, A.I., Camby all may be available this offseason. I agree if there is the right star that the Hawks should go after him.

If we can get Bibby + Marvin for Melo, I all for it, but doesn't change the fact that our defense sucks just like Denver. If we can get a Center we would be good.

Diddy is always hurt and gives you only 60 games, and likely to not fit in Atlanta.

Curry is Curry

Gilbert wouldn't fit in Atlanta....

Elton is more likely to join Miami

A.I. is older and lost his will to win..

Camby contract is too big and makes too much money with the injuries on top of that. Marvin trade value cause of his age and price is higher then Camby.

How would Melo not fit in Atlanta, we would be a championship team because our lack of defense but we have pieces to trade to get some defense.

If Speedy healthy we have a defense at PG, and we can trade Josh for future picks and a Center plus solid players as well.

Quote:

Quote:

Bibby

JJ

Melo

Horford

Hibbert

Bench:

Chillz

Andersen

FA's

No Rookies!!!! No Rookies!!No Rookies!!!!!!!

We just played one and he was one of our biggest impact players... No project rookies is probably what you meant.

I have the perfect trade:

Marvin and Bibby for Melo/Steven Hunter

Sign Earl Boykins

Sign more FA's and bring in Andersen

Acie/Boykins

JJ/Chillz/West

Melo/FA

Horford/Smith coming off the bench in a Ginobili role/Solo

Hunter/Andersen/Zaza

Quote:

I have the perfect trade:

Marvin and Bibby for Melo/Steven Hunter

Sign Earl Boykins

Sign more FA's and bring in Andersen

Acie/Boykins

JJ/Chillz/West

Melo/FA

Horford/Smith coming off the bench in a Ginobili role/Solo

Hunter/Andersen/Zaza

This may be the first thing I have agreed with you on....Lol. I probaly would have Hunter coming off the bench though.