• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My Blockbuster Trade for the Hawks

b3bawla

This is a trade I was thinking about. Tell me what you guys think about it.

Chicago receives

Zach Randolph

Marvin Williams

New York receives

Mike Bibby

Speedy Claxton

Drew Gooden

Zaza Pachulia

Atlanta's unprotected 2009 1st round pick

Chicago's top 10 protected 2009 1st round pick

Atlanta's 2010 2nd round pick

Atlanta receives

Kirk Hinrich

Jerome James

Malik Rose

Andres Nocioni

New York's 2008 1st round pick (6th overall)

Chicago Potential Depth Chart

Rose/Duhon

Gordon/Hughes/ Brown

Deng/Williams/Sefalosha

Randolph/ Thomas/Simmons

Noah/ Gray

Chi-town will have a pretty impressive rotation. They finally have a big who can score in the post and be a big time rebounder (Randolph), pairing him with the effort guys Joakim Noah and Tyrus Thomas. Then you draft Derek Rose and put jump shooters all around him (Gordon, Deng, and Marvin Williams). With this squad and a weak East I think they'd have a real shot at the playoffs (especially if Randolph plays a little defense).

New York Potential Depth Chart

Bibby/Robinson

Crawford/ Collins

Richardson/Jeffries

Lee/Gooden

Curry/Zaza

D'Antoni gets a PG in Bibby and gets rid of Rose and James contract. While they take on bad contracts in Claxton and Gooden, the Knicks get big time flexibility in the future, acquiring two first rounders for next year. The idea is that they tank this year and get a top 3 pick next year. Then trade Bibby and Chi's and Atl's pick for next year's disgruntled star (maybe Carmelo Anthony or Gilbert Arenas or Elton Brand or Vince Carter). So with this move they trade one valuable piece (the 6th pick) into three valuable pieces (Bibby and 2 1st's) while getting rid of a team cancer (Randolph).

Atlanta Potential Depth Chart

Hinrich/Law

JJ/Richardson/West

Nocioni/ Chillz

Smith/Jones/ Rose

Horford/ Andersen/James

I'd have us use that #6 pick on JaVale McGee http://youtube.com/watch?v=gSh4w-UPUk4. This trade would give us three legit long range shooters in the starting five with one (maybe two in Andersen) coming off the bench. Chillz continues to bring energy off the bench. We keep Law to use when we want to push the ball a little more. We can go big by playing JJ/Chillz/Smoove/Horford/Anderson from 1-5. We also have another freakishly athletic big. The bad part of this deal is that we have NO flexibility for the future. But the dream, three years in the future, of running McGee/Horford/Smoove/JJ/Hinrich 5-1 is a nice place to be stuck.

• Premium Member

Champ,

Looks like you got spotted draft fever. It's a good thing to want a draft pick. However, honestly, we don't need #6 that badly. Who is really there at 6 that can make a difference. Hinrich is a mixed bag. I don't think he's going to be able to run our offense. He's a coaches son and should have a good BBIQ. But what happened in Chicago last year?

i like this deal, i can see u put effort into it so props for that. I dont think NY would like this trade, cos as soon as u said bad contracts, its a deal NY does not want to do. Knicks have had bad contracts since forever. i dont see why bulls would want zach and id rather keep bibby, havnt worked it out if cap and all that but id try not get kirk and keep bibby. but yeah its a decent trade, id make it if i was GM. i def woudnlt draft McGee, id draft Danilo Gallinari, DeAndre Jordan, Eric Gordon, Chase Budingar, Kevin Love before i think about drafting McGee. i think the first five will be rose, beasly, lopez, bayless and mayo. however i think one of the last three could easliy slip into 6th, now that would be one hell of a pick.

Would not trade next season number one also would never want Malik Rose on this team.

Look at it this way, for:

Marvin Williams

Mike Bibby

09 unprotected first

we need to get a bonafied superstar for all of that. You don't have one coming to Atlanta in your deal thats why I disagree with it.

Quote:

Would not trade next season number one also would never want Malik Rose on this team.

Marvin Williams

Mike Bibby

09 unprotected first

we need to get a bonafied superstar for all of that. You don't have one coming to Atlanta in your deal thats why I disagree with it.

are u serious?We could barely get a borderline star for that.Only a team looking to dump contracts and/or rebuild trades with us.

Quote:

Quote:

Marvin Williams

Mike Bibby

09 unprotected first

are u serious?We could barely get a borderline star for that.Only a team looking to dump contracts and/or rebuild trades with us.

That could realistically get us Baron Davis, Michael Redd, Jermaine O'Neal, etc. Those are some players who can be had this offseason. Do you know what it means to trade an unprotected first round pick plus two expiring contracts of players who can still contribute? That can get you more than you think. The deal for Kirk Hinrick, Nocioni and the sixth pick does not entice me at all.

Quote:

Chicago receives

Zach Randolph

Marvin Williams

Chicago is not trading for Zach Randolph - ever. If they had wanted Randolph they would have traded with the Blazers for him.

The Bulls don't need Marvin Williams - we have a pretty good SF already in Luol Deng.

Gooden put up 14 & 9 for the Bulls last year - they like him, and I don't think they will look to trade him unless they can get a significant upgrade. Randolph isn't that.

Quote:

Quote:

Chicago receives

Zach Randolph

Marvin Williams

Chicago is not trading for Zach Randolph - ever. If they had wanted Randolph they would have traded with the Blazers for him.

The Bulls don't need Marvin Williams - we have a pretty good SF already in Luol Deng.

Gooden put up 14 & 9 for the Bulls last year - they like him, and I don't think they will look to trade him unless they can get a significant upgrade. Randolph isn't that.

Mudderfudder - Assuming the Bulls take Rose, what do you think they do with the rest of the roster? Deng, I assume, they want back. But what about Gordon and do they trade Hinrich?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Chicago receives

Zach Randolph

Marvin Williams

Mudderfudder - Assuming the Bulls take Rose, what do you think they do with the rest of the roster? Deng, I assume, they want back. But what about Gordon and do they trade Hinrich?

Thats an excellent question, and one none of us have any idea of an answer on.

Either way it looks like Hinrich is being shopped. I converse with a couple of Chicago writers, and all of them have said that they hear Hinrich is on the table.

They'll resign Deng. He told a couple writers that he regretted turning down the contract the Bulls offered, and the feeling is that he will sign as soon as he gets a chance.

Gordon is a bit different. I think he feels he is worth a hell of alot more than the Bulls do. That said though, either Rose or Beasley could be a boon to Gordon's game. I think the Bulls and Gordon get a 3 year 27 million deal done.

The Bulls are high on Thabo, as are many Bulls fans. He's a great defender, and when given the starting position he showed himself to be enough of an offensive threat to not be considered a Chris Duhon like liability. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rose, Gordon, Thabo sharing the guard minutes next year.

Deng is locked down at the 3 - (unless Denver goes insane and trades Carmelo without receiving the #1 pick)

Gooden is a lock at the 4, unless he is used in a package (with Hinrich and possibly TT) for an established player.

Noah is a lock at the 5 I believe. I don't think there are any big men available in trade that would be an upgrade.

I'm one of the few who still believes TT has a chance to be an excellent player - but I don't know what the Bulls think.

Bottom line - the Bulls need to do a consolidation trade. They have too many players vying for minutes. Hopefully Pax can do a 2:1 or a 3:1 trade and get a veteran producer in return. The Bulls are the second youngest team in the NBA, and after the draft they will most likely be the youngest. They still have a lot of time - I hope Pax is patient.

• Premium Member

I would never do that trade. Now I would like to have Kirk but not at the expense of Bibby and Marvin. If I trade Marvin (and would not unless overwhelmed) there would be a big man coming this way.