• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Petition to remove Dolfan23 as moderator/admin

considering that Dol does all the programming for the site I think your "petition" is completely off-base. Dol does this out his own good will and doesn't get paid to do it, so why are you bellyaching?Second, just because someone doesn't live in Atlanta doesn't mean that they can't support the Hawks.Third, Dol does provide insights and opions. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean that he is wrong.

Quote:

All he does is argue with people's opinions Dolfan generally seems to take more of a defensive position regarding management/ownership/coaching/players. Since the majority of fans are mostly cynical and post here as a way to vent their frustrations, yes, he is often in opposition to the opinions of many participants here. While I don't always agree with him, I think it's necessary to have opposing viewpoints represented for the sake of lively discussion, and as a way of reigning in some of the blind negativity that is generated in mass quantities on this board.

Quote:

and doesn't offer anything productive here. He is always tweaking the site and asking for our input for any changes. He was also involved in the overhaul/makeover of the new look of the site that went into effect months back.As for your concerns that he doesn't live in Atlanta, perhaps you should broaden your scope in regards to your perception of the world. There are Hawks fans all over the world, and many post here. That is the beauty of the web. The world is much bigger than the ATL, friend.
  • Like 1

Quote:

What, is he some 17 year old website developer who randomly chose a site because he has no friends and chooses to piss us true fans off? You can't state an opinion here without a massive barrage of inflammatory "you are retarded" Dolfan remarks.maybe you should do some homework before you start making blind accusations and inflammatory remarks.

Quote:

What, is he some 17 year old website developer who randomly chose a site because he has no friends and chooses to piss us true fans off? You can't state an opinion here without a massive barrage of inflammatory "you are retarded" Dolfan remarks.LOL, dude have you seen what other posters do on this board? Dol isn't even in the same class as some of the established guys on this board in terms of insults. Frankly, I don't see Dol being inflamatory that much, except for recent struggles with another poster. You are way off-base in your assessment of the situation, IMO.

• Moderators

Quote:

considering that Dol does all the programming for the site I think your "petition" is completely off-base. Dol does this out his own good will and doesn't get paid to do it, so why are you bellyaching?Second, just because someone doesn't live in Atlanta doesn't mean that they can't support the Hawks.Third, Dol does provide insights and opions. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean that he is wrong.I agree. The guy has done a lot for this site and does a good job as a mod/admin. Guys like Chillz and Dolfan wear two hats: one as a moderator and one as a poster. Sometimes people mistake a moderator's opinion as a poster for action as a moderator. That may be what is going on here (it would be a problem if he was locking threads he didn't like or editing posts to remove opinions with which he disagreed but that isn't happening). I would definitely not want a change with his role or for him to stop sharing his opinions as a poster.

Quote:

Quote:

considering that Dol does all the programming for the site I think your "petition" is completely off-base. Dol does this out his own good will and doesn't get paid to do it, so why are you bellyaching?Second, just because someone doesn't live in Atlanta doesn't mean that they can't support the Hawks.Third, Dol does provide insights and opions. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean that he is wrong.I agree. The guy has done a lot for this site and does a good job as a mod/admin. Guys like Chillz and Dolfan wear two hats: one as a moderator and one as a poster. Sometimes people mistake a moderator's opinion as a poster for action as a moderator. That may be what is going on here (it would be a problem if he was locking threads he didn't like or editing posts to remove opinions with which he disagreed but that isn't happening). I would definitely not want a change with his role or for him to stop sharing his opinions as a poster.I don't have a problem with his opinions. My problem is trying to figure out what they are. He says one thing but means something else entirely then gets pissed because i respond to what he actually says instead of what he actually means. He could just admit that he mispoke but i guess that is too much to ask.

• Admin

Why is it a prerequisite to be from Atlanta to be a fan of the Hawks? I probably have been a fan a lot longer then you and I have never lived there.There is a reason this is one of the best and more mature sports forums around. Its because of Kudzu, Chilz and Dolfan. Try dealing with the silliness on the realgm forums or Espn forums if you are unhappy here. People are going to disagree. That is the whole point of being able to give your opinions on this site. What would be the point if everyone agreed all the time. You obviously don't read many of the posts here if you think he is the most argumentative/disagreeable one here.He has been around here a long time like a lot of us and has contributed more to this site then you and your 19 posts ever will.

Please tell me this guy is kidding. Last I checked, he didn't charge folks for all the programming he's done for this site, am I right? If it wasn't for guys like him, we probably would be looking for another forum to vent on (I'm still waiting on my login stuff from RealGM ). Really, I have nooooo problems with HS, whatsoever and we all have him to thank for it.

slap1.gifHow about you just go some where else. F ur petition. Dolfan23 is free to say what he want. If you don't like it, can't take it.... GET GONE! This guy does more for this board then you could or would think about doing. So, to your petition and cry....

I would like to know why the hell is he a Miami Dolfan?? LMAO

Other than some disagreements with a few posters from time to time I am usually pretty level headed. As others have said my position on things can differ from the majority and that may cause rifts but if you think I am even close to as bad as some, well perhaps you should spend more time participating in this site and then form your opinion. I think that others in this thread have given you a good insight into how they feel ... and thank you all I appreciate it but feel free to start a petition and see how that goes.

Whether you agree with Dolfins opinions or not you have to admit this is a kick ayss site. Its flat out awesome. Stop crying and be a man. Face it what fun would a site be without all the debating and arguing amongst the Hawks fan base. Your taking things way to personal. This site would be perfect if it wasnt for that dam picture of Reef Rahim BUT ya just gotta live with somethings my man.

You have only have 19 total posts and yet you feel the need to start a petition to remove Dolfan23 as site administrator/moderator? If you don't like the site or the way it is administered, simply go away. I assure you that you won't be missed anywhere NEAR as much as Dolfan23 would be.

In your 2 months that you have been on this site, no I might not have admitted when I was wrong and simply because you and your alter ego Exodus immediately go into attack mode so why should I apologize for any mistake? Do you think that if Capstone, AHF, Traceman, etc were to find a mistake in my post that I wouldn't (or haven't) admitted to making a mistake?

Why don't you admit when someone else points out that you started attacking me? You just sit there and claim innocence like you don't know that you are trying to be inflammatory. You and your alter ego are the only ones that I could care less about admitting a mistake to.