• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Chillz goes..So be it

tmac13

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

When Marvin does NOTHING.

If 15/6 is nothing that certainly doesn't speak to well for Childress' 12/5.

Switch roles, let Chillz start with the starters and see what happens.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

When Marvin does NOTHING.

If 15/6 is nothing that certainly doesn't speak to well for Childress' 12/5.

Switch roles, let Chillz start with the starters and see what happens.

Childress has had his chances to start and has played like crap.

Funny but when you talk about Marvin at UNC you said it was an advantage for him to come off the bench and play against "tired starters and bench players" but somehow that same reasoning doesn't apply to Childress.

Quote:

Quote:

When 3 years ago?

back when we had Walker and Harrington?

Come on you got to be kidding me.

2 years ago when Marvin's hand was broken Childress was starting and just wasn't very good. He is a very good bench player but a below average starter.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

When 3 years ago?

2 years ago when Marvin's hand was broken Childress was starting and just wasn't very good. He is a very good bench player but a below average starter.

You mean when Chillz was coming off the fractured foot?

Quote:

Quote:

When 3 years ago?

You act like childress' game has progressed since then. it hasn't.

Marvin was out injured in the beginning of the 06/07 season. Childress started 13 games that season and shot 45% in his starts. Why was his shooting percentage so much worse as a starter?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

When 3 years ago?

You mean when Chillz was coming off the fractured foot?

Did you give Marvin the same excuse after he came back from a broken hand?

• Premium Member

Quote:

So, we shouldn't overpay Childress, but it's fine to overpay Smith?

Who said anything about overpaying Childress?

Too many of you think that because Chillz can get up to 11 Million dollars per in Greece that we have to match that in the NBA.

HELL NO.

This is the NBA. The best league in the world. The best competition in the world. Chillz can go to Greece and be a Greecian national champion if he wants. But he should ask Dominique (before he signs the deal). If he could make 35 million over 3 yrs and win 2 championships in Greece or make 37 Million over 5 years and play hard in the NBA, which would he rather do?? Chillz knows that if he goes to Greece, it's a rap, he's forgotten. I think he'd stay right here in Atlanta if we offer him 5 years 37 Million... and that strarts out just over 5.8 Million.

it's not about whther chill is starter good or bench player good, why is that even being discussed.....it's a matter of although he gets paid, his cap hit is waaaaaaay below his worth....

so essentially he's a bonus player for us....if he leaves and we get no compensation, there is NO good news about that....none.....even if you think he's not all that....if Childress goes to Greece, we would have really screwed this one up....him leaving doesnt give us all this cap space to hire his replacement...you could probably get a NBDL or summer league player for his cap hit release...

like diesel said..you can either have some of the mid to low tier free agents we talk about or the same free agents PLUS Childress...it's close to the same thing cap wise.

Quote:

like diesel said..you can either have some of the mid to low tier free agents we talk about or the same free agents PLUS Childress...it's close to the same thing cap wise.

Some would rather have Luke Jackson and Kwame Brown off the bench and just let Chillz walk. When in fact you can have those two plus Chillz. Logic is not involved when some dislike a player. Jackson and Kwame are two of the biggest bust in recent history(with Shelhead) but some act as if they are saviours.

The more established veterans who a team know what they will get from them the better. Chillz fits into that category.

Here is what it is all about IMO.

Chillz is simply using leverage...it's all he has and he (and his agent) know how to use it.

Let's think. Another team could make him an offer, but we might match. Plus they would lose their MLE while waiting for the ASG to do it for seven days. Now they might be willing to pay Chillz MORE than the MLE but how could they do it? No cap space.

I suppose a RICH team could pull it off in a sign and trade deal. It is a soft cap. They could toss a salary or two...couldn't they?...if the rich team were to offer an expiring contract to the poor team?

Isn't that what Chillz and his agent are really fishing for?

Quote:

Jackson and Kwame are two of the biggest bust in recent history(with Shelhead) but some act as if they are saviours.

LOL. It is funny.

I wouldn't mind having Kwame on the squad. But even I don't expect him to play more than 5 - 10 minutes a game. The same goes for Jackson. Luke better have a Salim type hook on him. If he misses his first 2 shots, immeadiatey send him to the bench and don't put him back in.

If Chill leaves, I want Acie to get the vast majority of his minutes.

• Premium Member

No.

I think it's about respect.

Chillz could have been locked up with an extension long ago. Did we offer it? NO! Had we offered it in the season, this wouldn't be a problem. Did we offer it? NO.

Our ownership would have rather played the waiting game and let chillz and smoove find out how much they are worth on the market.