• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why Are People Blaming the ASG?

JackB1

Quote:

I commend the ASG and Sund for sticking to their guns and building this thing the right way.

Well, I guess you and I have a different opinion on what 'building things the right way' means, but whatever. If you're happy with the Atlanta Spirit Group and the way in which they've run this organization, then more power to ya I guess.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

I commend the ASG and Sund for sticking to their guns and building this thing the right way.

Well, I guess you and I have a different opinion on what 'building things the right way' means, but whatever. If you're happy with the Atlanta Spirit Group and the way in which they've run this organization, then more power to ya I guess.

I am talking specifically about the choice to not over pay for Josh Childress.

Rick Sund was not here for the Chris Paul / Marvin Williams draft so don't even open up that can of worms if your trying to get all historical on us. I was trying to stick to the thread topic.

• Premium Member

Quote:

People who blame the ASG don't realize that these guys didn't get rich by spending beyond their means - like everybody else in this country.

Can you really offer up any suggestion on how these guys got money? ANY? From my understanding, there's a lot of silver spoons in the mix.

I think this is about one of the most unresearched Butt Kissing posts that's every appeared on this messageboard.

Are you some intern for the ASG?

Moreover, the real question is "are these guys really Rich?".

We have probably the poorest owners in the NBA.

It shows.

We just got punked by the Russian Mob because we were too poor and stupid to resign our own free agent in a timely fashion.

• Premium Member

Quote:

otoh, some people are just being dumb about this. the offer from Greece is WAY more than any NBA team could have paid. stupid to blame ASG for not paying what would be stupid to pay a 6th man.

People talk about the greece offer as if it had always been there.

The Greece offer was an effect of Chillz frustration with the system. IF ASG would have made a deal with Chillz in last Oct... Nov...Jan... Feb....March...

There would be no issue.

Greece took advantage of the piss poor handling of Chillz.

Quote:

you have to wonder also why BK QUIT instead of fired when we finally made the playoffs...

BK quit because the ASG cut off his balls by refusing to let him make personnel decisions (you know, like fire the head coach, or trade Childress for Calderon).

• Premium Member

Quote:

Again, Childress was not the only unsigned RFA offered a contract by Greece. But he is the only one who accepted it! I bet you that ASG talked to childress' agent many more times than Chicago talked to Ben Gordon's agent

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Again, Childress was not the only unsigned RFA offered a contract by Greece. But he is the only one who accepted it! I bet you that ASG talked to childress' agent many more times than Chicago talked to Ben Gordon's agent

I don't think so.

It wasn't until Chillz was in Greece that there was even talk of a deal on the table by Sund.

Think PB. When Sund was hired... He said a few things.

1. We will not make any personell decisions until I have talked to all of our players.

2. Resigning Smoove is our first priority.

What about Chillz?

Moreover, what you did hear about their talks with Chillz is that ASG took the position: Go out and find a deal for us to match?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think so.

It wasn't until Chillz was in Greece that there was even talk of a deal on the table by Sund.

Think PB. When Sund was hired... He said a few things.

1. We will not make any personell decisions until I have talked to all of our players.

2. Resigning Smoove is our first priority.

What about Chillz?

Moreover, what you did hear about their talks with Chillz is that ASG took the position: Go out and find a deal for us to match?

So you think Childress should have been our top priority?

• Premium Member

Quote:

People are blaming ASG because many people have the impression that their actions basically Childress to seek offers from euro teams.

Other players got offers from Europe! Even Josh Smith got an offer but unlike childress, he said that he was not interested!

• Premium Member

Quote:

I agree. Look, the ASG sucks something fierce, and that ain't a compliment (except when given to ladies).

BUT
does anyone really think that Childress is worth more than MLE money?

Not at all.

Conversely... Do you believe that if Childress had been a Maverick instead of a Hawk that Cuban wouldn't have resigned/extended him (the number 7 pick) at some point during the last two years???

i'm upset with the ASG because they let somebody else tell them what was going to happen with their offseason. from the beginning i said, get the joshes in here and get them signed. they said, we'll let the market dictate to us what we're going to. people say this is a good tactic and everybody does it, why bid against yourself, other RFA's haven't been given offers either, so the fnck what. do your job get it done. they thought they had the upper hand. people say, there's no way anyone could have saw this coming. well that's wrong, i saw some BS coming. when u wait around on shyt, shyt happens.

Quote:

Conversely... Do you believe that if Childress had been a Maverick instead of a Hawk that Cuban wouldn't have resigned/extended him (the number 7 pick) at some point during the last two years???

Probably. I would love for Cuban to own the Hawks b/c he's willing to spend $$$. But if Josh wanted 7 million the whole time, then I'm not sure that resigning would have been so great.

• Premium Member

Think about it this way.

If Mark Cuban had stated at the beginning of the off-season that their TOP priorities were to sign both Joshes... Do you think he would find himself in our current predicament? (Childress bolting to Europe; Smoove not wanting to come back)

If the ASG and Sund fail so miserably at addressing their most important gaols I shudder to think how they handle everything else.

• Premium Member

Quote:

So you think Childress should have been our top priority?

When you are over the cap... All you have is the MLE and 2 RFA... it doesn't matter which one you sign first.

UNLESS you're too poor to pay.

IF we had gone to Chillz house on Midnight July 1st.. with a 5 year 38 Million dollar deal, he would have signed it and would have looked forward to next season.

Instead.. we put off, put off... as if we have choices.

Either way, the only money we have to spend is the MLE.

What we did was try to Lowball Chillz into taking the QO.

It failed.

Somewhere I heard one of the owners say, and I paraphrase, we think we know what we are doing and don't think we need these basket ball people to make the decisions for us. Am I dreaming this.

What's the old saying: couldn't poor pi$$ out of a boot if the instructions were written on the bottom. I'm not saying the Chill thing makes them look bad, it's the dozen other decisions they've made that are just bad.