• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

J.R. Smith is there for the taking!!!

y2kenta

Let's make an offer for J.R. Smith, who I believe is one of the only remaining FAs that could replace Childress and the impact he brought off the bench. He is a super athletic SG who can flat out score in bunches and give us a spark off the bench and spread the floor with his ability t o shoot the 3. I wanted us to go after him 2 years ago before DEN grabbed him. And now we have another chance NOW and he could be cheaper than what Chillz wanted.

HE's THE PERFECT FIT FOR OUR TEAM!!! Young. Athletic. 3pt Shooting. High-Flyer. Affordable.

Especially with our need for scoring and athleticism off the bench! Acie + JR Smith is nice young backcourt in a 2 unit that could really come in and give starters a big lift and really decide some games for us here and there.

Re-sign Smoove + Sign JR Smith + Sign Kwame = A- / B+ Offseason!!!

Smith can be a knucklehead and there's a reason why teams don't go after him. He's got a bad rep after being in the doghouse of two of his coaches, while the Bulls even threw him away for next to nothing, after they received him from New Orleans.

Though, if he's hot, he'd be able to spread the floor with his three point shooting.

Still, i'd rather go after a guy like Maurice Evans, who'll be cheaper and might enable us to sign a big like Kwame Brown as well.

Quote:

I'd rather have Smith and sign Randolph Morris to the LLE if he would take it.

Morris could be usefull as well, but there's just something about Smith that tells me he wouldn't be all that great of an addition.

Also, reports said that Brown worked out for us and that he looked very good.

BTW: Another guy i think we should take a look at, to replace Chillz, is Kirk Snyder. I think he could be a very good back 2/3, that probably wouldn't cost all that much.

I agree that JR Smith would be the perfect signing at this time..he can be a knucklehead and maybe a bit immature but his skill set is one that is hard to pass up..he is more skillful than Chillz but he isnt as disciplined. I think he is worth it..he can even start and make Marvin our 6th man. Bibby JR. Smith J. Johnson JSmooth Horford and Marvin as the 6th man can easily be just as good as last year! but I doubt anything will happen with the team because the GM isnt making any moves..he has to be more aggressive

Quote:

Quote:

There is no USA team. NBA players are sellouts.

Can you say anything positive?

What's pretty funny to me is that he did have some positive things to say about childress during the season and then Childress bolts for Greece.