• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HAWKS SIGN MAURICE EVANS--3 YR 7.5 MILLION

GTfan44

• Premium Member

Quote:

Could we still afford a vet, like Michael Finley, and a cheap big, ala Randolph Morris ?

Either way, I like the pick-up. I also like the idea of starting him a SG, and moving Joe to SF. I'm no Marvin hater or anything, but Marvin might be more valuable to our team (right now) coming off the bench and providing some much needed scoring.

If we were to spend the rest of the MLE (3.27 Million) on a prized FA... we could offer Just about 5 year 19 Million.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

When did you get the Dieselputer back up and running? I haven't seen it in a while, but assuming 8% raises that is right.

Yeah.

We have a 5 year ~19 Million dollar deal for Biedrins!!

• Premium Member

Quote:

So you are agreeing that if we had signed Chillz, used our MLE and LLE exceptions that we would have been over the luxury tax, right?

Then you would also certainly have to agree that by not giving Chillz 6-7 million that we will be UNDER the luxury tax, and thereby saving the owners a good bit of money, right?

What is this guy talking about now? We get a bargain with a good role player and he is complaining! I will never understand this character!

• Premium Member

Quote:

But you are still assuming a 5 year 60.5 million dollar deal. His deal could end up costing 10 million more than that and it would be hard to argue that we shouldn't give him that if that's what it takes.

You're talking about a 5 year 70.5 Million dollar deal?

I don't even know if Smoove is eligible for that kind of money?

But even if it did...

That deal still only starts at 11.595 or so...

That's 1.595 Million More than I propose we start him?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Where exactly am I complaining? I'm HAPPY that we signed Evans INSTEAD of Childress.

I'm talking about that nut case Diesel!

You know, you're a stalker.

I know you hate me.. Why not ignore me?

or Am I so irresistible that you can't ignore me!!!

You dream about diesel don't you.

I mean, I'm the man of your dreams.

I bet you stay up late every night dreamin' you had diesel, don't ya?

I'll tell you what PB.....

Come on, come out the Bushes, put away your night vision goggles, stop snooping around my mailbox and around my house... and you can join my team!!

139766574v9_240x240_Front.jpg

• Premium Member

Quote:

The Dieselputer says we spent 2.315 Million of the MLE.

There's 3.27 Million left.

Assuming 8% raises, and I think you're right in that assumption.

$2.315M

$2.500M

$2.685M

Leaving $3.27M left for Brown or another big.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Yes and combine that with possibly having to start Chillz between 6 and 7 million those are dollars that will end up costing up twice with the luxury tax if we end up using the MLE and LLE.

So you believe that we're signing Smoove to a contract that averages 14 Million (like Joe?)

See dol, this is why it's hard to take you serious.

The most we've offered Smoove thus far is 9.5.

I'm a Smoove fan and i would love for Smoove to get what he's been rumored to want 12.0.

However, you're an extremist (mainly because your point was lost long ago) and you want us to fork over 14 Million just so you can say "then it will be harder to sign Chillz". No F.S.!!!

My question is how do you justify these outrages claims??

You think Smoove is worth as much as JJ?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Maybe the above is true but another consideration is that you post on damn near every thread, high jack 90% of them, and post some of the most off the wall crap of any poster that post here on a regular bases. I try to ignore most of your post/threads but when you start getting in the way of posters enjoying a logical discussion, it becomes an irritation.

Posters were excited about the Mo Evan's signing and rightfully so because he is a bargain compared to what we had to pay to retain Childress. He is the kind of athlete that fits well with our current players. But yet you decided to high jack it for no apparent reason. That is the only reason I said anything about your incorrect ramblings. But you are correct, I should not have responded the way I did.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Maybe the above is true but another consideration is that you post on damn near every thread, high jack 90% of them, and post some of the most off the wall crap of any poster that post here on a regular bases. I try to ignore most of your post/threads but when you start getting in the way of posters enjoying a logical discussion, it becomes an irritation.

Posters were excited about the Mo Evan's signing and rightfully so because he is a bargain compared to what we had to pay to retain Childress. He is the kind of athlete that fits well with our current players. But yet you decided to high jack it for no apparent reason. That is the only reason I said anything about your incorrect ramblings. But you are correct, I should not have responded the way I did.

So you contend that I hijacked the post by talking about how much money we had to sign FAs after the signing? I think you need to relook the thread and see where old man Dolfan started his misinforming.

I'm an extremist? Wow that's a new one to me. I'm just trying to point out to you that we may very well end up having to pay Smoove 12 million to start. It's all fine and dandy that we have initially offered 9.5 but he is obviously unhappy with that and if he refuses to sign for less than 12 starting what will you do about it?

For the record, yes I think that he is worth as much as Joe because he is younger and within a couple of years tops I think he will be the better player and will be more valuable relative to his contract than Joe is.

I don't think D hijacked the post....but dolfan didn't screw anything either. Peoria were you not the one starting the closet Smoove hater thread?

At any rate, after that vid, I do like the signing actually. I hope we bring in Luke Jackson and Kwame Brown, or other such combo. Its nice to see some action. I think Mo can be more effective than Chills at a cheaper price.

OK, Dolfan, how fast can we get some Mo Evans pics on the header???