• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HAWKS SIGN MAURICE EVANS--3 YR 7.5 MILLION

GTfan44

Wow...I'm coming in WAY late to this discussion...but I love the idea of getting Evans and Kwame for Chillz money. Chillz is water under the bridge so no use discussing the past.

Getting Evans and Kwame would help our team in two aspects IMO.

1st - It gets us depth at two places we need it - 2/3 and 5.

2nd - I could serve to put pressure on a couple guys who could use some pressure - meaning Zaza and Marvin. If we get Kwame and he remains the lane defender he was there for awhile in LA (not great but OK), it may force Zaza to get with the Woodster program - otherwise he could be the third option at the 5. If Evans comes out and plays hard and pops some threes as well as playing good D he could put pressure on Marvin to try some threes and be more "visible" throughout the game.

I don't know the details of Evans' contract but I hope we gave him a player option after two years - that could motivate him more for the next two years in hopes of getting another nice contract after that. I'd rather have a guy who will work his butt off for two years for another contract and sees a nice future.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Where exactly am I complaining? I'm HAPPY that we signed Evans INSTEAD of Childress.

I'm talking about that nut case Diesel!

Ditto. I was thinking his post are like some of the tv shows, ie reality tv, that start to be popular and then they over saturate them. It's like they become invisible.

PG - Bibby ( 24 min ) - Acie ( 18 min ) - Speedy ( 6 min )

G - JJ ( 30 min ) - Evans ( 14 min ) - Bibby ( 4 min )

F - Marvin ( 32 min ) - JJ ( 8 min ) - Evans ( 8 min )

PF - Smith ( 36 min ) - Horford ( 12 min )

C - Horford ( 24 min ) - Zaza ( 16 min ) - Kwame - ( 8 min )

total minutes:

JJ - 38

Smith - 36

Hoford - 36

Marvin - 32

Bibby - 28

Evans - 22

Acie - 18

Zaza - 16

Kwame - 8

Speedy - 6

• Premium Member

Quote:

PG - Bibby ( 24 min ) - Acie ( 18 min ) - Speedy ( 6 min )

G - JJ ( 30 min ) - Evans ( 14 min ) - Bibby ( 4 min )

F - Marvin ( 32 min ) - JJ ( 8 min ) - Evans ( 8 min )

PF - Smith ( 36 min ) - Horford ( 12 min )

C - Horford ( 24 min ) - Zaza ( 16 min ) - Kwame - ( 8 min )

total minutes:

JJ - 38

Smith - 36

Hoford - 36

Marvin - 32

Bibby - 28

Evans - 22

Acie - 18

Zaza - 16

Kwame - 8

Speedy - 6

Hopefully we can grab another serviceable Sm. forward for a cheap price to keep JJ at the guard position. Or swing J. Smith there for 5-6 minutes depending on the match up.

Evans is a really positive guy - good to be around - good in the locker room. The reason the Lakers traded him is that ultimately he's a small forward - he doesn't really have guard skills - average to below handle - limited court vision - good finisher. He's just not that tall and LA had other options they preferred at the 3. He's a good but not great defender - he doesn't really hurt you - but he doesn't shut guys down either. Above average athlete - nice work ethic - solid locker room guy. He's a good pickup but he's not a tremendous difference maker. Gotta rely on the stars for that - which makes sense considering the price.

Wow. Don't know how I missed this bit of news.

IMHO I like Evans in our team over Childress... MUCH better outside shooter.

Good start for our new GM... Now, if we can sign a big man and Smith, Sund will make me a fan of his.

If we get Smith, Kwame, Jackson, and Hunter, I'll say good start for Sund. I like JR Smith over Evans;however, I must admit I haven't seen a lot of Mo Evans. I know he's never lasted on team more than two years. Why do we have to settle for left overs? I wish ownership was more proactive, and willing to spend some cheese.

I don't see what's the hype about Kwame Brown. I rather go with the hometown kid, Randolph Morris.

Kwame Brown can't catch a ball down low, he can't even palm the ball.

There is no hype about Kwame on this board. The only reason many want to bring him in for is post defense and I'm pretty sure everyone knows he isn't an offensive player.

We still need to add someone like Randolph Morris for depth regardless of signing Kwame.

• Premium Member
There is no hype about Kwame on this board. The only reason many want to bring him in for is post defense and I'm pretty sure everyone knows he isn't an offensive player.

We still need to add someone like Randolph Morris for depth regardless of signing Kwame.

This is the weird thing that I don't understand about fans on this MB. It seem as though the expectation with each signing is to get a complete player, even if you are just signing a 3rd string center. Poster criticized the Mo Evans signing by saying that he can't dibble like Joe etc. Just strange to me.

This is the weird thing that I don't understand about fans on this MB. It seem as though the expectation with each signing is to get a complete player, even if you are just signing a 3rd string center. Poster criticized the Mo Evans signing by saying that he can't dibble like Joe etc. Just strange to me.

This message board is schizospastic. I love this board. Truly.

Randolph is just absolutely terrible. He can't move his feet at all and is EXTREMELY clumsy. He's just a terrible, terrible player that does nothing particularly well.

Kwame does a few things well. He provides legit post man defense, a decent rebounder, he can run the floor very well and would fit in with the athletes on this roster. His hands suck, but that's just been over exaggerated by posters because that's always one of his knocks. His hands are bad, but not THAT bad.