• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Concise Recap Request

thesheedera

I've been unable to really keep up with the last week of news on Smith. I don't care about every last detail, but what's the big picture?

What's happened on the Smith front since the Childress announcement?

What are the chances we come to a mutually beneficial agreement and keep him?

Is a sign and trade more likely than keeping him?

Are you all excited about the possibilities of a sign and trade, or are we looking at a doomsday scenario?

• Premium Member
I've been unable to really keep up with the last week of news on Smith. I don't care about every last detail, but what's the big picture?

Are you all excited about the possibilities of a sign and trade, or are we looking at a doomsday scenario?

I heard that Sund was at Hilton Head doing the same thing he was doing when Chillz said that he's going overseas looking for a contract. Sund said signing contracts early in the free agent season is overrated and his experience shows that it's best to wait it out and make the FA take the lowball offer or the QO.

There doesn't seem to be a real consensus, Sheed, so you're prolly gonna get a wide range of answers here.

I don't think (yet) that a SNT will happen simply because I have yet to see any proposals that I even remotely like and that would actually work.

At this point, I think we either pay Smoove $12+ million per, or he signs the QO, as risky as that would be.

Then again, I think most of us have been conditioned to expect almost anything.

So really, there's been no news, just the usual rumor mill.

I heard that Sund was at Hilton Head doing the same thing he was doing when Chillz said that he's going overseas looking for a contract. Sund said signing contracts early in the free agent season is overrated and his experience shows that it's best to wait it out and make the FA take the lowball offer or the QO.

If that's true, that's just the dumbest thing you can possibly do. You don't alienate a young player who is already the teams 2nd best player on a PLAYOFF team over a few million dollars. It's absolutely idiotic.

I'll give you the real low down! Smith is still unsigned, no one knows if he will be signed or be traded. it's about the same as it was on July 1st minus chillz leaving. which apparently didn't do anything to make anything happen. you didn't miss anything. and that folks, is amazing

oh yeah, we signed some guy name mo evans

Edited by foeteen14

• Premium Member
Smith has supposedly been offered 10 mill a year, he wants 12. The are supposedly two SnT offers that are being considered, one from an EC team, the other from a WC team.

No, he has been reportedly offered 6 year 60 million dollar contract which could be worth over 70 million with incentives and he has refused to sign it. He reportedly wants 6 years 72 million guaranteed or he is threatening to sign a qualifying offer of $3 million to become an unrestricted FA next year. Of course the second options makes no sense because even if he didn't achieve a single incentive on the $60 million dollar deal, the difference between it and a 5 yr deal at $12 million per season plus the qualifying offer is only $3 million dollars. The deal sould get done within the next couple of weeks.

No, he has been reportedly offered 6 year 60 million dollar contract which could be worth over 70 million with incentives and he has refused to sign it. He reportedly wants 6 years 72 million guaranteed or he is threatening to sign a qualifying offer of $3 million to become an unrestricted FA next year. Of course the second options makes no sense because even if he didn't achieve a single incentive on the $60 million dollar deal, the difference between it and a 5 yr deal at $12 million per season plus the qualifying offer is only $3 million dollars. The deal sould get done within the next couple of weeks.

Well that is if you believe Stephen A., which I don't, ever. I'm not sure if it was you but there was a large faction of folk all up in arms after Ric Bucher reported that Smith didn't want to play under Woody any more... a lot come out of that huh?

For the most part, the only guy who seems to ever have a decent read on the Hawks is Sekou.

• Premium Member
Thanks for all the responses - sounds like status quo in AtlantaSpiritLLCland. Do just enough to get people's hopes up, then let the momentum fizzle with inaction and incompetency.

That's EXACTLY what happened. This should be their unofficial motto. In fact, it already is. I really thought we had turned the corner. I guess in the next few seasons when ownership changes hands yet again and we have a new GM and head coach, we can build through the draft again. which means I should be about 50 years old by the time we make the Playoffs again. Hawks basketball, it's FANtastic!!!!!

Well that is if you believe Stephen A., which I don't, ever. I'm not sure if it was you but there was a large faction of folk all up in arms after Ric Bucher reported that Smith didn't want to play under Woody any more... a lot come out of that huh?

For the most part, the only guy who seems to ever have a decent read on the Hawks is Sekou.

And Sekou was 99.99% certain someone else would be the GM and he thinks Childress leaving means we can't use the full MLE.

*sigh*

Didnt Sekou also report that Josh Smith was offered a deal worth 10 million ?

And Sekou was 99.99% certain someone else would be the GM and he thinks Childress leaving means we can't use the full MLE.

*sigh*

... ha, I guess you take what you can get.

My point is that if Bucher or SAS break anything, chances are its wrong. If they break anything about the Hawks, its almost a certainty that its wrong.

Bucher moreso than SAS, I actually believe that Bucher hears voices sometimes.

*sigh*

that's little stuff.He's usually right and atleast not wayyy out in left field and he never reports stuff he made up. It was looking like Chris Grant would be the GM.Nobody said anything about Sund,I didn't even kniw he existed lol. The MLE is a simple mistake. NOTHING compared to what other reporters put out.