C - Horford

PF- Smoove

SF - Marvin Williams

SG - JJ

PG - Bibby

6th - Mo Evans

7th - Zaza

8th - Morris?

Honestly it wouldn't be that bad of a trade.

The Bass/Horford front court is a LOT worse than the Smith/Horford one.

Chances are we would push Marv to the 4 in this trade and bring Bass off the bench or start Zaza and bring Marv and Bass off the bench.

Any time you trade one player for 2 your team gets deeper, it doesn't necessarilly get better though.

Howard / Bass makes us no deeper then Prince / Maxielle would.

If Howard is really only 6'5'' then I am leaning toward Prince at a legit 6'9''. I could live with a known commodity in Maxielle or I could live with rolling the dice on Amir Johnson if he has truely grown to 7' since being 6'9'' in highschool.

To me you make the trade b/c you believe in either Howard or Prince being the better fit on the Hawks roster. Not b/c of the filler b/c these fillers are so similar in (Bass / Maxielle) and Amir Johnson is an unknown.

C Horford

PF Bass

SF Howard

SG JJ

PG Bibby

6th Marvin Williams

7th Mo Evans

8th Zaza

That is one of the most athletic/deep teams on paper

Compared to

C - Horford

PF- Smoove

SF - Marvin Williams

SG - JJ

PG - Bibby

6th - Mo Evans

7th - Zaza

8th - Morris?

Honestly it wouldn't be that bad of a trade.

It's either Law and/or Speedy

If we had to trade Smith, I'd do Howard/Bass. They'd be much more effectively offensively, and they are both good defenders.

I know Prince is on the Olympic Team now so that tells you he's definitely a good player (despite what some want to say about him here), but I think the suggested Dallas deal is a better deal for us simply because we're looking for a team that can win now and the future. Amir Johnson could be a stud, but he's still an unproven player. If it's Prince and Maxiell, that's a little different. Prince is pretty much what he's going to be. There's not much more he's going to do at the pro level. Howard is still young and a fringe star player with room to grow IMO. He just needs to make better personal decisions. Bass is a solid big man that probably will never be an 16/10 guy, but he can provide you a big body in the lane to cause trouble for guys. Personally, I like that deal.

I will probably be slammed for this, but I remember how decent ZaZa was when he started for us. He nearly put up double-double numbers. My idea would be the following:

Bibby/Law/Claxton

Johnson/Evans/West

Howard/Williams/Richardson

Horford/Bass/Jones

Pachulia/vet big (Lo Wright?)/Morris

That gives you a 9-10 man rotation that will give you solid minutes with a lot of versatility. Horford and Bass can share the floor and against smaller teams, Marvin might even see a few minutes at the PF spot.

F the Howard trade. Which I think the ASG would do because they are clueless... We on here talk about J-Smoove immature level. What about Howard's? This Fool went on a radio station and admitted to smoking trees.... His shooting % has dropped every year..... Yeah, Howard would be GREAT FOR THIS TEAM :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

His shooting % drops because he becomes more involved in offense. Most people who shoot a lot (who aren't bigs) don't have high percentages. It doesn't bother me that he smokes weed or went on the radio and said he does. I was kind of wondering what the situation was when he decided to party during the playoffs, but this was after Cuban ruined the Mavericks in the J. Kidd trade. Every time I've seen him on the court (before this year), he seemed to play hard on both ends.

His shooting % drops because he becomes more involved in offense. Most people who shoot a lot (who aren't bigs) don't have high percentages. It doesn't bother me that he smokes weed or went on the radio and said he does. I was kind of wondering what the situation was when he decided to party during the playoffs, but this was after Cuban ruined the Mavericks in the J. Kidd trade. Every time I've seen him on the court (before this year), he seemed to play hard on both ends.

So true. Look at somebody like Paul Pierce's FG%, or Kobe or LeBron's 3pt. FG%. They take alot of shots. LeBron's 3pt. FG % last season awas 31%, and he shot over 300 shots from beyond the arc.

• Premium Member
He got arrested for drag racing. Was he stupid before he got the money or did it make him stupid????

What's funny is that I've driven thru that area in Winston a lot because my wife's family is from there.

I got pulled over around Thanksgiving for going 45 in a 30. The officer let me go with a warning...

• Moderators
Prince is pretty much what he's going to be. There's not much more he's going to do at the pro level. Howard is still young and a fringe star player with room to grow IMO. He just needs to make better personal decisions.

Just because Howard is immature doesn't make him younger. Prince and Howard are two months apart in age. I'll take Prince over Howard's clutch play and extreme maturity any day.

That said, dealing Josh Smith would be a huge mistake either way.