• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can You Handle The Truth?

mattlanta

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how the company men here will try to spin this.

Calling Northcyde...paging Northcyde....lol

Sekou is telling us something we all know.

Smoove is worth at least 11. To me. Anyone who (and before you jump on me, this is debatable, I know) had one of the greatest statistical seasons ever up there with Hakeem and Shaq can't be let go. Call me crazy...and I haven't thought this through well at all...but if this past season was any indication I would almost take JS over JJ. Not quite though.

And Smoove is almost as stupid for thinking he is worth 12 million.

Smith is stupid for thinking he is worth the same as Okafor and Deng? Which one of those guys got wined and dined by another team this offseason?

There was never any hint of interest in either guy by another team. Smith met the mayor of Philly and the Clipps were reportedly ready to offer Smith $13 million before Camby fell into their lap.

He's not as good/valuable as Okafor?

I don't believe that he is consistent enough to ask for $12 million. He just had his 1st "breakout" season and even then he was really up and down. When he's on there's no doubt that he's worth $12 million, but it's a big risk to pay a guy that much when he could relax and be content with it and you always feel like you have overpaid for him. I don't believe that Smoove would relax on a new contract, but it's still a risk.

I say give him 10-11 million with some nice incentives to where he can EARN 12 million.

Smith is stupid for thinking he is worth the same as Okafor and Deng? Which one of those guys got wined and dined by another team this offseason?

There was never any hint of interest in either guy by another team. Smith met the mayor of Philly and the Clipps were reportedly ready to offer Smith $13 million before Camby fell into their lap.

Yeah and what happened after he was wined and dined? They immediately turned their attention to Brand. You think there is any chance that they say something in him that concerned them?

We'll never know what the Clips might have offered him, it's nothing but speculation at this point but obviously they felt they would get more value out of a 34 year old injury prone center making $10 million than with Smith so that should tell you something.

I don't believe that he is consistent enough to ask for $12 million. He just had his 1st "breakout" season and even then he was really up and down. When he's on there's no doubt that he's worth $12 million, but it's a big risk to pay a guy that much when he could relax and be content with it and you always feel like you have overpaid for him. I don't believe that Smoove would relax on a new contract, but it's still a risk.

I say give him 10-11 million with some nice incentives to where he can EARN 12 million.

Why is Smoove a risk and others are not? He's never shown one ounce of quit....

Why is the word "consistent" used with Smoove and everyone else, is judged by their average?

Yeah and what happened after he was wined and dined? They immediately turned their attention to Brand. You think there is any chance that they say something in him that concerned them?

We'll never know what the Clips might have offered him, it's nothing but speculation at this point but obviously they felt they would get more value out of a 34 year old injury prone center making $10 million than with Smith so that should tell you something.

That tells me, everyone was fooled into believing the ASG would match any offer....

Brand was their number 1 target all along. They probably thought he was going to stay in LA and he probably would have if the Clippers hadn't dropped the ball.

As usual you have no clue what you are talking about. Camby will make only $8 million next year and even less the following year.

Camby averaged 13.1 rebounds (3.4 more than Horford) and led the league in blocks. Considering they only had to give up a 2nd rounder to get him that is a no brainer deal.

Why is Smoove a risk and others are not? He's never shown one ounce of quit....

Why is the word "consistent" used with Smoove and everyone else, is judged by their average?

I think the others are definitely risks, but I'm only concerned about what we pay Smoove and how we set ourselves up for negotiations in future years with our other young players.

Brand was their number 1 target all along. They probably thought he was going to stay in LA and he probably would have if the Clippers hadn't dropped the ball.

As usual you have no clue what you are talking about. Camby will make only $8 million next year and even less the following year.

Camby averaged 13.1 rebounds (3.4 more than Horford) and led the league in blocks. Considering they only had to give up a 2nd rounder to get him that is a no brainer deal.

Ahh, "probably, probably, and if" ... strong argument there Ex.

Oh, I have no clue what I'm talking about? Camby WILL make $10 million this year and 9.65 next year.

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/da...es/clippers.jsp

I'll wait for your apology ...

Dolfan, you keep talking about "precedents" they really already set the most dangerous one.

Other teams don't want to offer RFAs big contracts because they are scared they will get matched and it will be a waste of FA money for 7 days with no payoff. Smith was obviously the most coveted RFA as he was the only one flown out to meet w/ coaches and GMs. The precedent ASG is setting by first saying they will match anything when they know there is a credible threat out there but then refusing to give any more than 9 a year is more unsettling. Other teams will know in the future that ASG might very well let a player walk if they offer market value, let alone overpay.

Dolfan, you keep talking about "precedents" they really already set the most dangerous one.

Other teams don't want to offer RFAs big contracts because they are scared they will get matched and it will be a waste of FA money for 7 days with no payoff. Smith was obviously the most coveted RFA as he was the only one flown out to meet w/ coaches and GMs. The precedent ASG is setting by first saying they will match anything when they know there is a credible threat out there but then refusing to give any more than 9 a year is more unsettling. Other teams will know in the future that ASG might very well let a player walk if they offer market value, let alone overpay.

Yes, I'd say that is another dangerous precedent, but that's assuming that we are only willing to pay him 9 million. That amount might be accurate for the current offer, it might not, but I highly doubt that it's as high as they are willing to go for him. If that is the ceiling then we are in trouble, but I'm confident they are willing to pay him more. I'm not confident that they are willing to pay him $12 million a year and for all the wining and dining and everything else nobody has offered him a deal yet so there's no proof that anybody else was willing to pay him that much either.

I think the others are definitely risks, but I'm only concerned about what we pay Smoove and how we set ourselves up for negotiations in future years with our other young players.

We've already shown the rest of the roster and the NBA, that it's better overall to be paid in Europe...than to play for the ASG.

Oh, I have no clue what I'm talking about? Camby WILL make $10 million this year and 9.65 next year.

Camby has not made less than 8mill a year since his rookie contract. It is pretty safe to say that the Knicks as a franchise have gone down hill since he left. Camby cannot get you to the playoffs by himself; but his defense and rebounding (man if Smoove could only rebound as well as he blocks shots) is a big reason his teams always seem to be in the playoffs...

Hoopshype is showing $8 million for Camby next season so don't hold your breath on an apology. Even if sham is right you are still clueless.

You are all over Horford's sac because he averaged 9.7 rebounds a game but don't give Camby much credit for averaged 13.1 rebounds. What's wrong with this picture?

Camby has not made less than 8mill a year since his rookie contract.

Really?

Season Team Lg Salary

1996-97 Toronto Raptors NBA $2,434,000

1997-98 Toronto Raptors NBA $2,799,240

1998-99 New York Knickerbockers NBA $3,164,000

1999-00 New York Knickerbockers NBA $5,250,000

2000-01 New York Knickerbockers NBA $5,750,000

2001-02 New York Knickerbockers NBA $7,300,000

2002-03 Denver Nuggets NBA $6,750,000

2003-04 Denver Nuggets NBA $7,250,000

2004-05 Denver Nuggets NBA $8,500,000

2005-06 Denver Nuggets NBA $9,150,000