• Raised $390 of $700 target

hawks add flip

lawman

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
so i guess signing one of the greatest shooters in college basketball history and probably would be our best shooter, a former lottery pick, and a guy who was not been given a chance yet is a waste then your right. Both guys are undersized for their positions so I would take a guy who at least brings a skill to the team we dont have. Redick would do that.

I would take Redick in a heart beat over all the others and most GMs would too. That is the reason the Magic won't let him go.

• Premium Member
Did anyone notice his terrible 3 pt shooting percentage? It's around 25%. Should be better for a PG/SG.

Jack,

He has a midrange (15-20 ft jumper). Yes you would like to see a higher 3pt % but he does hit the in-between shots.

Sure he can. Speedy has a guaranteed contract if he plays or retires (as he has injured). To shrink would be to not rehab, to not fight injury and remain in the fold. Sure he could have shrunk, but it is not his nature. Speedy wants it and I hope he gets it.

When did Speedy play injured?

Flip is the guy the Hawks needed to add. We didn't really need shooter, we needed a slasher (see my other posts on this). Good addition for the team.

I agree with Diesel, this might be a set up to move Bibby. But, it is also great insurance for the MASH unit we have at PG.

• Admin
I like the signing. It seems more certain that Bibby will be available at the trade deadline. Maybe we can find that legit big man that everyone seems to be clamoring for.

I really don't believe we picked him up for his pg skills. He is here for his microwave scoring off the bench. He can score in bunches and that is something we needed. Evans provides defense and 3 pt shooting while Murray provides some instant scoring. I don't see him playing much pg however he can do some of that if he called for.

I really don't believe we picked him up for his pg skills. He is here for his microwave scoring off the bench. He can score in bunches and that is something we needed. Evans provides defense and 3 pt shooting while Murray provides some instant scoring. I don't see him playing much pg however he can do some of that if he called for.

I think Flip was a terrific signing. I think he fits better than Jannero Pargo and he was cheaper. Flip is bigger, more athletic and a better defender. Pargo is a better shooter from distance but Flip shoots a better overall percentage.

Flip will EASILY be able to play PG alongside JJ as any combo guard can. I won't be surprised at all if Flip is the guard who comes in for Bibby rather Acie if Acie doesn't show Woody QUICK that he is ready to contribute this year.

• Admin
I think Flip was a terrific signing. I think he fits better than Jannero Pargo and he was cheaper. Flip is bigger, more athletic and a better defender. Pargo is a better shooter from distance but Flip shoots a better overall percentage.

Flip will EASILY be able to play PG alongside JJ as any combo guard can. I won't be surprised at all if Flip is the guard who comes in for Bibby rather Acie if Acie doesn't show Woody QUICK that he is ready to contribute this year.

I am also happy with the signing too. Our bench is better/deeper then last season. Now get our big guy (Powell) to finish up the roster.

I didn't mean to imply that he would play pg. We've got Law and Speedy for that. But with the abudance of guards we're stockpiling, you can see it adding up to Bibby at least being shopped around the trade deadline.

I didn't mean to imply that he would play pg. We've got Law and Speedy for that. But with the abudance of guards we're stockpiling, you can see it adding up to Bibby at least being shopped around the trade deadline.

I don't see how you can look at it that way. We have Bibby and Joe as our starting caliber guards. Acie is a COMPLETELY untested rookie, Speedy is perma-injured, Mo is going to play SF most likely, and Flip is a scorer. The way I see it is Flip is our only guard off the bench this season and will be covering some of the duties that Chil had last season as a de facto backup pg.

If Bibby is traded it will be because we are doing horrible or another team is doing horrible and wants to trade a premier pg for an expiring and a young player (Marv).

Edited by crimedog

I don't see how you can look at it that way. We have Bibby and Joe as our starting caliber guards. Acie is a COMPLETELY untested rookie, Speedy is perma-injured, Mo is going to play SF most likely, and Flip is a scorer. The way I see it is Flip is our only guard off the bench this season and will be covering some of the duties that Chil had last season as a de facto backup pg.

If Bibby is traded it will be because we are doing horrible or another team is doing horrible and wants to trade a premier pg for an expiring and a young player (Marv).

I guess I just have a litle more faith in Acie. I think he will step up and may end up being our 6th man this year. He reminds me a little bit of a left-handed version of Marc Jackson. The way he penetrates and probes the defense. Hopefully, he will improve on his jumper and finish a better at the rim. You're right about Speedy. If we get 20 games from him, I would consider that a blessing.